Chapter 31

~Y/N's POV~

"Y/N when can I meet your family?"

We were cuddling in her living room watching reruns of the Harry Potter series at her house when she popped that question.

"S-soon." I said quietly, continuing to look at the large television, not wanting to look at her. I sensed her frowning from beside me before sighing loudly.

"Baby you say this every single time I ask you. Do you..not want me to meet them or something?"

I turned to her quickly and shook my head rapidly.

"No no no not at all babe. It's just-"

"It's just what Y/N? That they're 'busy' right?" She asked sarcastically, using air quotation marks. "You don't trust me do you?"

My jaw dropped in disbelief at her sudden mood.

"Ariana that's not it at all-"

"Save it Y/N." She stated angrily, before pushing me off her and storming out the back door to her backyard. I groaned, running my hands through my hair before running after her and stepping outside.

"Babe please listen to me-"

"No Y/N! You don't trust me after all the trust and love I give to you..and this is what I get?! I can't believe you-"

"I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING FAMILY!" I yelled, loosing it right then and there. Ariana's previously furious expression softened immensely, her eyes full with guilt.

"W-what?" She said in almost a whisper. I collapsed to my knees, crying into my hands. I heard Ariana gasp and run over to me kneeling in front of me.

"W-why introduce you to my f-family when I don't have o-one." I answered, tears running freely down my face as my heart continued to shatter. I suddenly heard a sob and I looked up to find Ariana crying.

"Baby..I never knew." She cried, holding onto my shoulders. "W-why didn't you tell me?"

I looked back down, wiping a tear away.

"I-it's too hard to talk about. But..I'll l tell you."

I told her. Everything. Every single detail. I told her about my father leaving..how my mother killed my two sisters and to this day, I still question if she's the one that killed my brother. I explained how we had no food, and no money..and how she abused me and lied about it.

I finished up and her eyes were gushing out tears.

"W-what have I done?" She sobbed into my neck. "I hurt you even more..I promised myself I wouldn't..oh my god what have I done.."

"Ariana you didn't hurt me." I said softly, wiping her tears away with my thumb. "You were mad because you thought something. It happens. It's okay-"

"No it's not!" She cried louder, standing up and walking away.

"W-where are you going?" I asked worriedly. She stopped but didn't turn around.

"Out. I need to think about what I've done to you." She sniffled and the next thing I knew, she was gone.

___________________

~Ariana's POV~

I sat at the bar, my third beer bottle clutched in my hands. My makeup was dried and sticky on my face as I stared blankly at the wall behind the bartender. I ruined fucking everything..I was selfish and a bitch and I didn't even let her explain herself..and I just jumped to conclusions like I always do..

I took swig of the beer, the alcohol satisfyingly burning my throat as it went down. She's the only human I've ever truly loved..the only one that makes me smile on my worst days..the one that makes my heart flutter like no one else does-