Chapter 20

~Y/N's POV~

I awoke to the sound of a beeping monitor cold air hitting my body through a think blanket. My eyes slowly fluttered open to be met with a white ceiling, the sanitary smell of a hospital making its way through my nostrils. Groaning in distaste, I slowly sat up and went to rub my tired eyes and winced when I felt a stinging sensation above my eye. Oh yeah..I forgot about that..

I wasn't aware of the full scenario of what happened, but all I know is that right after Ariana's father hit me, I blacked out. I'm still unsure what he hit me with. I turned my head to my right to be faced with a small side table with a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol. Wearily, I reached over to grab the medicine, throbbing pain coursing through my brain. Turning the safety cap on it, I opened the pill bottle and popped a pill into my mouth. After downing the water in one gulp, I sighed once everything had gotten into my system. 

I jumped slightly when I felt a shifting of weight beside me on the hospital bed. Turning my head, I was shocked to find Ariana cuddled up into my side with dried makeup smeared on her face. How did I not notice her here right away?

Realization dawned upon me that my girlfriend had probably stayed by my side all night. My poor baby..she must be so tired. I brought my shaky hands up to her face, trailing my fingers along her defined and sharp jawline. Her eyes began to slowly open, her long eyelashes fluttering with the slightest movement of her eyelids. Her brown eyes widened as soon as they met mine. Next thing I knew, she was clung onto me, tears falling from her eyes heavily.

"Baby, don't cry...I'm okay." I chuckled lightly, yet she continued to cry. Frowning slightly, I brought her face up to mine. We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, until her eyes began to water and she gently traced the fresh stitches above my eyebrow. Her lips slowly began quivering until she broke down sobbing uncontrollably.

"Y-you're g-gonna leave m-me." She sobbed, which immediately captured my attention. "T-this is all my f-f-fault! You're hurt because of m-my father-"

"Stop that right now Ariana." I frowned, causing her to stop crying and look into my hazel eyes. 

"You must be out of your goddamn mind to think that I would leave you. I'm never leaving you for as long as I live. This was never your fault baby..I love you Ariana. Please know that." I finished, a small smile growing on her face.

"S-so you won't l-leave me?" She hiccuped, the last few of her tears falling. 

"I'll never leave you." I mumbled against her lips. Ariana immediately connected my lips to hers, kissing me ever so tenderly. The same explosion of butterflies exploded within me. When air was necessary, we pulled apart and I pulled out my phone to open Spotify.

"What are you doing baby?" Ariana asked, clutching onto my arm. I chuckled happily to myself, pressed the play button and took Ariana's hand in mine. I brought her to the center of the dark hospital, the setting moon through the window being the only source of light.

**Play this song now❤**

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

I draped my right forearm around her petite frame and began dancing slowly with her, still clad in my hospital gown. Ariana looked up at me, her eyes shining with admiration and amusement.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

I gracefully twirled her around, causing a giggle to escape through her lips. Once facing me again, I pulled her closer, swaying side to side.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

"Guess what?" Ariana whispered in my ear.

"What?"

"I've never slow danced before." she giggled and I chuckled along with her. 

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'll guide you through it."

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

When Ed sang 'perfect' i pulled her in for a kiss, causing Ariana to smile widely at me.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

I glanced down to find Ariana looking at me, her eyes filled with a tender love and affection I couldn't place. It was as if she was looking at me like I was the only girl in the world..And I loved it.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

"One day," Ariana whispered, bringing her head to rest on my shoulder. "I'm going to marry you. we'll have a huge wedding in Hawaii and you'll look exquisite as always. I'm going to buy you a house, with your dream kitchen, and a library for all your books. Then, I want to carry our future children and grow old with you. I keep falling in love with you each and everyday.."

A tear fell from my eye at her words, and I pulled her close to me, my heart swelling knowing that's how she saw her future and how she wanted to spend it. With me. 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

"You look perfect everyday, Y/N." Ariana choked out, tears falling down her face. At this point we were both crying in front of each other, our emotions being thoroughly expressed through our eye contact. My breath hitched as I looked at her, completely amazed by her.

"Ariana?"

"Yeah baby?"

"You are perfect."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 There y'all go! an emotional fluffy chapter. i lovee this song and I thought it would be suitable for you two.

Please let me know if you like it. feel free to let me know what you would like to happen in the story and I will try my best ti make it happen.

I love you guys sm xoxo

~Sav