Chapter 49

~Ariana's POV~

I watched in horror as the paramedics wheeled the love of my life into the ambulance on a stretcher, cloths full with blood covering her body. I frantically bit my nails, pretty sure they were an inch short, but I could care less. With every blink, I felt the stickiness of the dried makeup on my face.

Taylor, Camila, and all of my other fellow celebrities stood out behind the caution tape, sobbing and somber looks plastered on their faces. Camila was crying her eyes out, as Lauren stared blankly at the ground, emotionless.

Since I was the only person permitted beyond the caution tape, I walked over towards a paramedic.

"Sir, i-is my girlfriend-" I hiccuped, feeling my heart sink knowing that we probably broke up after our argument. I continued shakily, dreadfully replacing her nickname. "Is she going to be okay?"

That hurt more than I thought it would.

The paramedic, whose nametag read Derik, sighed and looked at his clipboard.

"Ms. Grande, Y/N is in critical condition at the moment. We have recognized mildly severe trauma to her brain, and she has broken her left leg and right arm while also fracturing her collarbone."

I felt my heart ache more than it already and I hiccuped, a tear falling freely down my face.

"Can I ride with her to the hospital?" I asked.

"She's pretty beaten up ma'am. Are you sure?"

"I love her. I wanna be with her every step of the way." I replied, causing him to nod understandingly at me before directing me over to the ambulance. I looked over to Camila and the others before stepping in, sitting on the provided bench in the van. I looked down wearily, feeling my heart wretch with terror at her condition.

A large gash sliced her cheek, blood trickling steadily yet slowly. A paramedic quickly covered it before I could see anymore. 

Even when bloody and bashed, she's still the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on.

I watched as the paramedics placed an oxygen mask over her delicate features, feeling around for a pulse.

"No rhythmic movements, sir." One said, reaching for his medic bag and pulling out some other medical supplies.

I interjected politely, yet worriedly. "Is she breathing?"

"No ma'am. But her pulse is very shallow."

She's alive.

My baby's alive.

I reached for Y/N's hand, interlocking my fingers with hers. She looked so peaceful, yet I knew she was in pain..and that killed me.

***********

After a short drive to the hospital, we entered through the emergency room doors, and I was stopped by a doctor when I tried to follow her.

"Ma'am we must ask you to wait in the waiting room please." He said calmly, and I nodded in understanding, making my way over to the set of chairs. 

I sat down in the dimly lit corner, fumbling with my hands in a fearful anticipation, wanting my baby to be alright.

The next thing I knew, a Barbie brush fell to my feet. I bent down and picked it up, looking up and being met with a little blonde girl. 

"I believe this is yours little one." I smiled lightly, handing it to her. She gasped and tugged on her mom's shirt, jumping up and down.

"Mama! That's Awiana Gwande!"I chuckled at how the girl pronounced my name and felt my heart warm. The mother looked at me, smiling comfortingly.

"Nice to meet you Ariana. I'm Kathy." The woman spoke, her tone tired and scratchy. I smiled politely back at her. 

"Nice to meet you too ma'am. Is your daughter a fan?"

"Oh yes." She chuckled softly. "The first time she heard Dangerous Woman on the radio that's all she's wanted to listen to." She paused and I smiled, embracing the tiny girl in a hug. 

After a nice conversation with the mother and daughter, I was called by a doctor to enter the hospital. I excused myself politely and rushed myself over to him.

"How is she doctor?" I asked worriedly as I followed him. We stopped outside of what I'm assuming is Y/N's door and he sighed.

"Well-"

"Where's my chicken soup?" 

The tired yet hyper voice of my baby piped up and my heart leapt with joy. I ran into the room, not listening to the doctor and rushing over to Y/N.

"Baby! Oh my god you're okay! I love you so much! Please forgive me baby please." I cried. She shot me a look of confusion and my heart sunk at her words.

"Who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

uh oh..

xoxo~Sav