Chapter 40

~Y/N's POV~

I popped the pain killing pill into my mouth before limping over back to the couch in the dressing room, using my crutches for assistance. I ended up breaking my foot in the whole incident, so I can't dance for 3 weeks and I have my arm all bandaged up from being grazed with a bullet.

Lauren got arrested two days after the incident, and Camila is now being questioned for criminal assistance. As for Ariana, she's not doing too well. She's been blaming herself for not being there to protect me, and despite how many times I told her there was nothing she could've done, she won't listen. I wish this whole thing never happened..I just want Ariana to be happy..but instead she's stressed and worried about me.

But now here I am, sitting alone in the quiet dressing room waiting for her show to conclude. I reached over for my phone and opened up Twitter, smiling at the get well letters and posts from fans. Feeling generous, I followed them all and dm'ed a few.

I suddenly heard a quiet knock at the door. I responded with a quiet 'come in' and Leigh Anne walked in.

"Hey Y/N/N." She smiled warmly at me and sat down on the couch.

"Hey Leigh Leigh." I responded weakly, smiling. She frowned slightly and rubbed my back reassuringly.

"I'm so sorry about what happened..I-I can't believe Lauren would do such a thing. It's very disappointing that's for sure." Leigh sighed, looking at me sympathetically. I ran my hand through my hair and spoke.

"Yeah..I'm pretty shocked as well. I just..can't believe I survived."

Leigh nodded in understanding and stood up when the loud booming voices of the dancers echoed through the hallway.

"Well, I best be going. The show's over and I promised the girls I would choose a movie tonight. It was nice chatting with you Y/N." She gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek and walked out of the room. I smiled at her kindness and was startled when the door slammed open, the putrid smell of male sweat making its way to my nostrils.

"Ayeee Y/N!" Scott plopped down next to me, wrapping is arm around my shoulder and ruffling my hair. "I wish you were performing with us tonight. The show was lit!"

I smiled tiredly and giggled. "I'm glad you guys had fun-" I winced when Scott un intentionally applied pressure to my bullet wound and he pulled away.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." He apologized and I smiled at him reassuringly.

The slightest scent of perfume invaded my senses, letting me know Ariana had walked into the room. As soon as she spotted me, she smiled ever so widely and walked over to me, carefully straddling my lap so she didn't hurt me.

"Hi baby girl! How are you feeling?" She asked, stroking my face tenderly before pecking my lips. I smiled widely into it, the butterflies in my stomach flying rapidly.

I pulled away as she rested her forehead against mine.

"I'm feeling better baby. I'm just a bit sore."

Ariana nodded sadly, carefully lifting my arm and kissing the bandage where my wound was. I smiled at her cute gesture, intertwined our fingers and brought the back of her hand up to my mouth, placing a kiss on her soft skin. I saw her blush deeply and smile before pecking my lips. She rest her head in my chest and I sighed happily.

"Please know this isn't your fault baby."

I felt her tense and she brought her head up, looking sadly into my gaze.

"I should've been there sooner..I should've stayed at the booth with you..I should've never left you in the first place." I saw her tear up and I quickly sweeper up a tear with my thumb before it fell on her face.