Chapter 30

~Y/N's POV~

I was only 15. Whenever I came home, I had a usual routine: get food, do homework, go on the internet, go to sleep. One day it was all interrupted. My dad left us. My mom was devastated. My sister didn't really know what was happening. Over the course of a month, my mother started to get irrational. she would always sit and cry in her bedroom and never come out. She had gained 50 pounds from only eating junk food and not exercising. 

I loved my mom dearly. But one day..she snapped. I was knocking on her door with my little sister Emily. She had a soccer game that day and needed a ride.

"Mom," I said, "Emily's game is today. She needs to get there." 

I heard a growling from inside the room. 

"Go make your father do it."  I heard her say. It went silent and then I heard glass break.

She opened the door with so much force that it came off the hinges. I hadn't seen her in a while..and I was horrified with what I saw. She looked..dead. Overweight and pale with a furious look on her face. 

"Oh yeah! That's right! He left me because he couldn't stand you stupid children anymore! THIS NEVER WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF YOU WERE BORN!"  She screamed. Emily started to weep silently and I held onto her.

"MOM! Calm down. You're scaring Emily!" I yelled. She had the most evil look in her eyes.

My mother picked up Emily and threw her. I watched in horror as her limp body, the entertainment system and the TV fell on top of her. I scream loudly and run to my little sister, blood rushing to my ears rapidly. There was a pool of blood on the carpet, and I began to sob uncontrollably. My other sister Mia came running down the stairs. when she saw what happened, she shakily grabbed the phone and dialed 911.

I don't remember much about the hospital. All I remember is my mother talking for me. She told the police that Emily and I were play fighting...That I pushed her too hard and she hit her head on the entertainment system and the TV fell over and hit her. I was-I was to scared to say anything..

My little sister was in a coma for three days before she died. We all went home, with Mia still not having a clue on what exactly happened.

I cried in my room for days. I loved all my sisters, even my dead twin. I started to wonder what really happened to my twin brother. I tried to think back. I remember having to go pee while I was at the lake. My father took me to the restroom while my mother was left with Jake. I remember feeling a sharp pain in my lungs and I couldn't breathe. Then..I felt..empty. When we came back, my mother was crying hysterically. My brother was face down in the water and my father had to wade out to retrieve his body. I remember knowing her was dead before the paramedics confirmed he was. Ever since then..I had to keep my family close to me.

I heard my mother watching TV in her room. I knew she was watching porn, as usual, because of all the moaning. My youngest sister Mia entered my room. She was scared and sad, understandably so. She thought my mom was watching a horror movie and someone was actually dying. I wrapped her in my arms and snuggled up with her and eventually fell asleep. A few weeks past before I talked to my mother again. I was a year too young to get a job so I had no way of paying for food. We needed food and that was final. I confronted her..She hit my face as hard as she could and told me to starve. My nose was broken. When we went to the doctor she told them that I accidentally hit my head on the counter. I was mad. I didn't know if the doctors knew she was lying..I didn't want to tell them about the situation, afraid that my mother would kill me. 

I never had the courage to say anything..and to this day..I blame myself for the death of Mia.

_________

I sighed, running my hands through my hair as I stood out on Ariana's bedroom balcony, puffing in the smoke of the cigarette clenched between my two fingers. Tears continuously ran down my face, but I was left unfazed. I looked over my shoulder into the dark bedroom, my girlfriend sleeping soundly while cuddled up tightly to my pillow. Turning back around, the cool Florida air hit my face gently, drying the tears as they fell subconsciously. I looked up at the stars, three in particular shining brighter than the others. 

Emily..Jake..Mia.

I let out a quiet sob as I collapsed onto the balcony railing, my forearms keeping my upright as I sobbed, my heart aching with loss. Looking back up, I hiccuped, my eyes shining with tears as I whispered.

"You're in a better place now. Mom can't hurt you anymore."

I sat down slowly on the concrete floor, puffing out more smoke and ducking my head between my knees.

Why introduce Ariana to my family, when I don't even have one..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vote and comment babes :)

not gonna lie, I cried writing this chapter..

I love you guys

xoxo~Sav