Chapter 93 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Return to the Battle

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Maybe it read my blood – maybe it read my soul. Maybe the two Horcruxes wanted to meet.

At the time, I wasn't strong enough to decide that it was the latter. I chose to just touch what was hidden in the tree.

My hand returned with a black, velvet box.

My bones ached as I opened it to see the blue stone upon the silver setting that formed two wings.

"How did you know?" asked Harry.

"My father told me," I said.

I stored the diadem securely and touched the Goblin again.

I had never felt more like a Ravenclaw in my life and I felt years of doubting myself disappear.

*     *     *

The operation had been dangerous and mostly tiring. Apparating, even when you're not the one visualizing the place of destination, is a tiring process. Harry recovered after a few hours but I stayed in bed with a sick stomach for almost three days. I had abused my regained ability to walk and tired myself to death.

As the days went by, it became more apparent that I would only be a burden if I was carried to Gringotts with the rest of the group.

The first light of the day of the upcoming battle was appearing in the sky. The three friends and the goblin were getting ready. I took a slow and tired stroll on the front porch and waited to say goodbye.

Goodbyes are hard during a war. You never know when you're going to have your last one. I had learned that the hard way.

"Don't make me leave you again," said Harry, who had quietly walked near me.

"You are as stubborn as I am, do you know that? You never give up," I said. He laughed and shook his head. "Do it for my people, Harry," I said when the laughter faded.

"You speak like a true leader," he said and I felt his eyes looking at me. But I didn't look at him. And maybe I wanted to answer but I couldn't find the words to describe the way I felt about all these people I felt responsible for. "Maybe you are," said Harry finally and turned his stare back to the sea.

"I will return to Hogwarts tonight. I want to think that you will be there soon as well."

"I will."

There was a long pause and this was the first time that I didn't know what Harry was feeling. What he was thinking. Maybe I was tired. Or maybe he just didn't know what he felt, didn't know what he was thinking.

"Just promise me one thing, Harry. And promise me you will somehow make it happen," I said when I realised it was time for him to leave.

"What is it?"

"You know how much I would want to kill You Know Who. But this is something that will never happen. You are the one that will have to kill him."

"And what do you want me to promise you?"

"I want you to promise me that when we are near the end, when you finally have the chance to kill my father, I will be there. I know you may not have the time to think of who you're killing him in front of, but just promise me that you will try and make this happen. Promise me that you will kill him in front of me. I want to look at him dying."

"This war had made you merciless."

"No. It just made me realise who the true enemy is."

*     *     *

Remus came to the house by the sea to take me and Luna to Hogsmeade. From there we walked through a secret passage that led to the castle.

"Are you sure you can go back? You can barely stand. This battle can be fought without you," he said to me.

Never • The Lost Daughter | A Draco Malfoy Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें