Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

      “You look cute,” he said, as his eyes skimmed over my change in appearance.

      “Thanks,” I said, slightly blushing. “So, what do you want to do?”

      “Whatever the hell you want to do,” he answered almost automatically.

      “I don’t care, you pick,” I said.

      “No, Jules, I honestly don’t care- you pick.”

      “Okay, I’m picking to have you pick what we do,” I said complexly.

      “We can do anything I want?” he asked, smirking.

      “You know what, on second thought maybe I’ll choose,” I said, not wanting to find out what was running through his mind.

      “That’s a better idea,” he said, nodding.

      “Let’s watch a movie,” I suggested.

      “Actually, can I… see your room first?” he requested strangely.

      “Uh sure…” I said, unsure of why we were going there.

      “Cool,” he said. I led him down the hall back to the tornado I had just departed, and turned the knob of the door, hesitant to enter.

      “Don’t pass out,” I warned, opening up the door. We stepped in, and he didn’t utter a word. He went over to the middle of my floor and picked up a pair of crumpled up pants. Balling them up, he threw them in the direction of my closet. I watched as they traveled over the other miscellaneous objects placed messily about on the floor, and landed in my laundry basket. “What the fuck are you doing?”

      “No, what the fuck are we doing is the real question,” he said, smiling, and picking up a handful of socks. He tossed them across the room to the laundry basket, and I gaped in confusion.

      “Okay, what the fuck are we doing?” I asked.

      “Cleaning your room,” he answered.

      “Ha! No, seriously Chase.”

      “I am serious, we’re cleaning your room.”

      “Why would we do that?” I liked my room cluttered- it was me.

      “Because I want to actually be able to hang out in here without wanting to explode of stress,” he said, placing a balled up piece of paper in my trashcan.

      “But I don’t like cleaning!” I complained.

      “Too bad,” he said, handing me a folder. “Put it away.”

      “You’ve got to be kidding me!” I said, astonished with what I was seeing.

      “Nope. I’m serious.”

      “Chase!” I whined. “I don’t want to!”

      “We all do stuff in life that we don’t want to do,” he said, picking up a pair of purple shoes and throwing them into my closet with the rest.

      “Can we watch a movie after this?” I groaned.

      “Sure. But seriously Jules, I can’t stand being in your room when it’s in this state,” he said.

      “Do you have OCD or something?” I asked, giving in and placing a clean shirt on a hanger.

      “Undiagnosed,” he replied.