Chapter 91

"What do you want to eat?", Davina asks.

"I want something cheesy or spicy"

"I'm feeling spicy", she chuckles.

We are both walking out of the building and I suddenly come to halt my eyes locking with those familiar gray-blue eyes.

Nathan is standing there with a smile forming on his lips as he peers at me.

My heart starts to thump faster than usual as I begin to feel my palms sweaty. Nathan isn't suppose to be back for 3 more weeks.

"I'm just going to go home and watch my show", Davina whispers waving at Nathan walking away.

"Nathan what are you doing here?", I nervously mumble.

"Well that wasn't the reaction I was as hoping for"

"Don't say that I'm just confused"

"The deal was sealed early, so I took the first available flight to come back to my fiancé", Nathan grins wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I wanted to surprise you", he leans pecking my lips.

"Where's your ring?", Nathan raises a brow looking down on my hand.

I can feel my stomach doing all kinds of back flips.

"I left it at home I'm so afraid of losing it at work", I lie.

I know I'm suppose to break up with Nathan, but I'm so caught off guard having him here sooner than expected.

"Understandable", he smiles.

Why must you be so nice

Ugh

-
-

Nathan and I are currently eating dinner at my place. On our way back driving in our separate cars. I texted Eli letting him know Nathan is back and that he can't come over today.

Of course Eli's first respond was "don't forget to dump him". I know that's what I said I was going to do and I know I must do, but for some reason it's hard to do.

The last thing I want to do is hurt Nathan. He's such a great fucking guy, but my heart isn't his.

"I think we should start to house hunt next week", Nathan splutters breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah", I respond.

Fucking stupid

"So babe our company is having a party to celebrate my company's greatest deal of all time this weekend.. I would really love if you can attend it with me", Nathan grabs my hand beaming at me.

"No problem count me in", I fake a smile.

Eli is going to be so pissed at me

-
-

The next day

"You fucking said you were going to dump him!", Eli hisses.

"Eli I know what I said it's just so hard I don't want to hurt him", I sigh sitting on his couch.

"Your fucking hurting me Gia!"

"I'm sorry", my voice cracks.

"You know what just fucking stay with him! I'm so fucking done with this sneaking around shit! You clearly care about his feelings more than mine!", Eli scolds pacing back and forth.

"Don't fucking say that you know I love you and I want to be with you.. it's just I don't know how to break it to him"

"Find a way if your really serious about me", Eli firmly says.

"I will but there's something else", I scratch the back of my head.

"What?", Eli raises a brow.

"I kind of agreed to go with him to his companies party this weekend", I mumble.

Eli's emerald green eyes turned about 3 shades darker his fists clenching. Honestly he looks scary right now.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? AND YOU GIVE ME SO MUCH SHIT WHEN THE SECRETARIES AT MY COMPANY ASK ME OUT FOR A DRINK!", Eli scolds.

"They want you Eli of course I'm not going to be cool with it!", I roll my eyes.

"BUT IT'S COOL FOR YOU TO GO WITH ANOTHER GUY THAT ISN'T ME TO A FUCKING PARTY!"

"HE'S MY FUCKING FIANCÉ ELI!", I shout feeling so frustrated.

Eli looks taken back and says completely nothing just beaming at me.

"You know what just get out and go to him! I'm done with you playing with me. I guess everything you said and you taking off the engagement ring was complete bull shit! Your right he's your fiancé GO BE WITH HIM!", Eli grumbles opening the door for me to exit.

"Eli!"

"GO!", he shouts.

I can feel my lips quivering on the verge of crying. Why is it so easy for Eli to kick me out.

"You don't understand", I huff shaking my head.

"I've been waiting this whole time Gia. I'm not waiting any longer being the side guy. What you did is clear to me now. Im moving on I'm just going to get with one of those secretaries that at least want to be with me since YOU DON'T!", Eli spats.

Oh hell no he did not just say that!

"HOW DARE YOU FUCKING SAY THAT TO ME!"

Eli doesn't respond instead he signals me with his hand to exit out of the door. I can feel my blood boiling with anger.

"YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU!", I shout bolting out of the door.

I look back the hallway hoping Eli is chasing me, but I frown seeing he isn't.

I get into my car driving off to my place. On the whole way I just break down. 

Bringing the car into a halt once I reach my apartment I think about everything that was said at Eli's place.

Tears slide down my cheeks even more and I start hitting the steering wheel screaming letting everything out.

How did everything go from pure happiness to complete shit.