Chapter 85

Eli's POV

It's been a few weeks since coming back from Cancun. I haven't seen nor heard of Gia.

She hasn't really been coming around to our circle. She must be all up on Nathan. The thought of it bothers me so much.

Lately, I've been going to Gold's Industry Enterprise. My father and grandfather have taking me under their wing to show me around and even let me make a few minor decisions for the company.

I'm starting my first day at my company as my grandfather's personal assistant next week.

I'm currently meeting Ray at the bar to grab a few drinks. I know what your thinking, what am I doing hanging out with Gia's ex who I beat up in high school? Well as crazy at it sounds he's actually a cool dude and we've gotten along since Cancun.

"Hey bro", Ray says shaking my hand taking a seat next to me at the bar.

"Two beers", I say to the bartender.

"How's life?"

"Crazy.. my baby momma be tripping sometimes", Rays sighs.

"You should of used the rubber", I chuckle taking a swig of my beer.

"It was one time I got carried away", he snorts.

"One time is enough.. didn't you learn anything in sex ed?", I shake my head.

"I was to busy checking out my fine ass teacher to listen to shit", Ray gulps his beer.

"Your a fool"

"Enough about me.. wassup with you?", Ray steers.

"Nothing much just starting my first day at work at my company next week", I respond.

"Cool cool.. are you and Gia friends yet?", he raises a brow.

"No, honestly I can't be friends with her because I know I'll always be wanting more", I truthfully say.

"You fucked up bro", Ray teases.

"Like you", I retort.

"I know", he huffs sipping the last of his beer.

"That day you broke up with her.. she was so devastated.. you really hurt her, she was like a zombie for months and it literally took all of us to give her an intervention", Ray adds.

"For real? Fuck I feel more shitty now.. believe it or not I was fucked up too.. the day I broke things off with her.. I was never the same still ain't the same", I confess.

"Why you do it bro?", Ray furrows his brows intently waiting on my response.

"My father convinced me to break up with her.. he's always been a good talker. He saw me as trash that day for doing what I did. Gia was progressing a lot and going into the right path and my father saw me only pulling her back. I was facing 25 to life. I eventually agreed that I wasn't good for her and I didn't want her waiting for me putting her life on hold. I wanted the best for Gia even if it was without me. Believe me it was fucking hard breaking her heart the horrible fucked up shit I said to her that day. The way she was crying and begging me broke me, but I couldn't go back I had to end things for her to keep progressing. And oh boy did she progress alright"