Chapter 78

4 years later

"Thank goodness it's Friday!", Davina squeals as she gets settled in her office.

"I can't wait for my date tonight!", I say excitedly.

A lot has happened since graduating high school. I attended college full time which went really well for me.  Davina attended the same college as me after I convinced her how great it was through letters while she was still locked up.  Davina was released from jail a year after she was transferred from juvenile hall since she turned 18.

As for Bianca once she completed her sentence she was released. We hanged around with each other for awhile. However she wasn't interested in going back to school, so she just applied to work as a banker which she got very lucky and is now married with two beautiful children a boy and a girl. We FaceTime each other sometimes to catch up since she moved to Florida two years ago.

Any who, I graduated with Honors and received my Associates degree majoring in Sociology. Then I transferred to San Jose State University to pursue my Bachelors in Social Work with a Minor in Psychology and all of that went good as well.

I am now 22 years old working as a probation counselor in social services for the youth. Davina and I became interested in the same career due to our life experiences and now we are co workers.

I know who would of thought I would counsel anyone, but here I am counseling young troubled teenagers like I was once.

"You and Nathan are so cute!", Davina says making the heart symbol with her hands.

Nathan De' Anzio is my boyfriend of almost two years. I meet him in University at first I wasn't interested, but he never gave up and kept bugging me for a date until I finally just agreed, so he can stop bugging. However little by little I started crushing on him and we eventually became a couple.

Nathan is 24 years old and is an executive assistant at his father's machining company. Our relationship has been great this entire time hardly any fights and we're both thinking about getting a place together soon.

"Thank you he's perfect", I lovingly say as I think of him.

"Let's get back to work", Davina briefly says as clients start entering the building.

"Another day another dolla". I whisper loud enough for her to hear me.

We both chuckle as we prepare ourselves to start the day.

-
-

--