Chapter 71

"Gia"

"Gia wake up"

I slowly start to flutter my eyes open noticing a bright light beaming above me making me want to shut my eyes.

"she's finally awake!"

"Where am I? Why is it so bright?", I croak out placing my hand over my eyes blocking the brightness coming from the ceiling.

"How are you feeling Miss Marin?", a lady in her early 30's with faded navy blue scrubs chirps in intently beaming at me.

I rub my eyes to fully wake up taking a glance around the room.

My eyes land on Lulu and Veronica who are warily watching my every move.

"Where am I? Ouch, my head hurts so bad", I wince in pain as I carefully touch the right side of my forehead.

"Don't touch honey.. Your in the hospital you fainted at your school which caused an head injury from the fall", the nurse responds.

"I fainted? I don't remember anything!", I mutter beginning to feel a little panicked.

"Oh no she lost her memory!", Veronica sniffles.

"Shhh!", Lulu nudges her.

"Calm down it's absolutely normal.. It'll all come back to you soon.. just focus on relaxing and taking it easy Hun", she reassures giving me a smile.

"Why did she faint ma'am?", Lulu chirps.

"She was dehydrated"

"Ugh Gia", Lulu sighs shaking her head at me.

"Your mother is on the way to pick you up", the nurse steers.

I nod my head at her as I shut my eyes again trying to relax a bit.

"Has she woken up yet?"

I suddenly hear a familiar deep voice splutter causing me to snap my eyes wide open.

My eyes lock with Eli, we both stare at each other intently without saying a word.

I noticed he has a purplish swollen left eye, a cut on his side bottom lip, and his right cheekbone has a small bump that is greenish-purplish.

As I peer into his emerald green eyes suddenly all the events from earlier comes into my head.

Memories flashed through my mind like lightning. Everything from me kissing Ray, the break up, and Eli fighting Ray in the gym.

"I remember now", I softly say under my breath averting away from Eli's worried glare.

"I told you.. How do you feel?", the nurse smiles.

"I'm hungry and thirsty", I splutter my stomach growling out loud. I'm sure everyone in the room heard the roar.

"What do you want to eat?", Eli suddenly chirps in.

"Lulu can you call my mom and tell her to bring me some subway please", I firmly instruct.

Lulu is baffled at my sudden reaction towards Eli and nervously glances between him and I.