Chapter 82

Eli's POV

"Another beer"

"Your drunk already sir"

"Give me another now!", I growl.

I'm currently at the bar drinking beer after beer in order to numb the pain I'm feeling.

Seeing that engagement ring on her made me feel so pissed off at myself. If I'd never let her go she wouldn't be engaged to some other fool.

I thought I was doing the right thing back then, but now I feel like complete shit. How naive was I? Thinking she would still be available for me after all this time.

Suddenly I chuckle remembering when Ray was asking for a second chance and now look at me I'm doing the same. This pain sucks.

Gia looks so fucking beautiful. She's grown so much over these past four years. I honestly thought I'd never see her, but destiny brought us together again.

When I saw her stand in front of me locking eyes I knew she was baffled to see me after our last encounter. I forgot to breathe in that very moment.

I felt like my body's heat completely flew out of me now feeling cold, but I just stayed frozen just glazing at her presence. Unfortunately she's someone else's and that pisses me off.

"Hey cutie why so alone?", a brunette tall female drapes her arm over me.

At first I huff not interested, but have a change of mind remembering why I'm hurting right now plus I'm drunk and it's been a while since I had any.

"Are you here to make me company?", I smirk taking another gulp of beer.

"Would you like that?", she flirtatiously licks her bottom lip.

And just like that we ended up in my room having a full blown make out as we rip each others clothes off.

I throw the brunette on the bed unzipping my jeans pulling them down. Then I scurry on the bed laying on top of her.

As I begin to thrust on her I begin to remember my first time with Gia. The day I made her mine. The day I took her virginity.

Suddenly like a quick switch the precious memory quickly fades into a dark one.

Gia is engaged to someone else meaning she's had some other man touch her. The more I picture someone else touching her body the way I used to the more I become angry.

The angrier I get the harder I thrust. The brunette starts to moan so loud after each thrust.

I'm suppose to be Gia's only, but thanks to my poor decisions. I've lost the love of my life. The only girl I've ever came to care about. The girl I've killed for literally.

I feel like breaking down right now as all these thoughts fill up my mind, but instead I just put my anger and frustration into my thrusts.

After I'm done with the brunette I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"Get out", I mutter.

"Excuse me?", she raises a brow.

"I said to get the fuck out of my house!", I snap.

The brunette looks baffled, but she quickly grabs her clothes putting it on as she leaves my room slamming the door followed by another slam which is the front door.

I shut my eyes thinking about Gia. The thought of her most likely in bed with her bastard fiancé is driving me nuts.

So I just shut out the thoughts and try to go to sleep.

-
-

Gia's POV

"Hello babe, I'm not staying over tonight. My mother is feeling a bit ill, so I'm going to stay with her okay", I leave a voice message.

I can't go to Nathan in the state I am right now. I'm currently staying at a hotel. I couldn't go show up at my mom's new place with her husband at this time.

As I lay on the bed all of tonight's events play through my mind. Life really has a way to surprise you whether it's good or bad.

With Eli's return I don't know whether it's good or bad at this moment. I mean I couldn't expect for him to be locked up forever. It's just I never knew what happened to him after he broke up with me.

Maybe I also thought he would move whenever he was released, but that was just a stupid theory of mine.

Seeing him again brought back so much pain I've managed to block three years ago.

I couldn't help but check him out in the backyard. He looks so much older and he's definitely been working out more this whole time.

Also I've noticed he's still a fighter by the thick scratch he had on his nose. The way he beamed at me is what made me lose it.

His emerald green eyes looked so vulnerable when he saw me. It's like he was shocked the same as I was, but also with a sparkle like if he finally found something.

I'm surprised he even came after me just like the way he used to years ago. What made me more emotional than I was already was every words he spat. I can tell in his eyes he meant every word he was saying.

One thing I've learned about Eli and seems like I still remember is I can always tell if Eli's saying the truth by looking in his eyes. Eli never likes to cry, but his eyes always turn a glossy sheen and that is how I know he's on the verge of crying.

However that horrible day, the day he broke my heart his eyes looked so furious, cold, and showed no emotion as he spat those words I'll never forget. There's so much I don't fucking understand and to be honest I don't know if I would want to even understand.

It's been so long. I admit the first year I've always thought about him. I always wondered what he was up to, what he was doing, and if he ever thought about me. All I can ever do was think about our relationship and all the good times we had. The first year without him was my hardest that's why I joined the gym life, so it can help me focus on other shit.

My second year without him was a bit easier, but I've always had Eli in the back of my mind. I had so many guys getting at me always asking me out on dates, but for some freaking weird reason I've always rejected all of them due to staying loyal to my heart.

Now the third year that's when I transferred to university where I meet Nathan. At first like I said I wasn't into him at all nor did I give him the time of day. By this time Eli's face was slowly fading away, but I was still clinched to him in some way. However after a few months of Nathan insisting for a date I eventually gave in.

I learned to stop comparing others to Eli. I think that's what I always did that's why I never seemed to be able to move on. But after giving Nathan a chance and I finally stopped comparing him to Eli that's when I fell for Nathan and his cheesy charms. And ever since then I just went along with the rollercoaster and eventually forgot about Eli.

Which is why I find it so hard to understand myself right now. Why am I so affected by his return?

All I know right now is that I'm hurting and want to remain far away as I can from..

Elias Gold