Chapter 64 - Caught

Start from the beginning

"You called him Dark Lord, didn't you?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah, so what?"

There was one thing I definitely knew about Voldemort. He had a different name for every kind of person that speaks it. The ones that are afraid of him call him either You Know Who or The One Who Must Not Be Named. The ones that are not afraid of him call him Voldemort. Only a few call him Tom Riddle.

But the ones that call him Dark Lord are the ones...

The ones that... follow him.

The Death Eaters.

I was scared even in the though. I didn't even want to think that Draco might have become a Death Eater. Then again it might be the way that all his family called him, so it's the way that he learned to call him. But was that the truth? I hoped I was not right. I hoped I was only a dramatic girl that makes storied with her own mind.

Was I?

"Nothing," I finally said.

I took a deep breath and spelled the words that had to be said.

"Okay. Draco. Listen."

"Yes?" he asked.

"I have to talk to you. Something happened over summer-"

"No time for this right now," he cut in quickly. "Let's meet at the Astronomy Tower tonight. Okay?"

He left quickly before I even had time to nod.

*     *     *

I had missed the Astronomy Tower. I had missed the view of the misty, cold mountain and the icy, blue lake that reflected the stars and the moon. The chilly air was blowing my brown hair and playing with my sweater.

I still hoped that Draco would come. He would know I would be here and he would come. He always surprised me with little things like that. But as I was waiting, I started losing hope. I tried not to be too disappointed when the clock showed half past twelve.

"Someone is getting too lonely and too sad. I don't pretend to understand why."

For a moment I felt happier than ever, thinking that the voice could be Draco's. No. It was not Draco's voice that I was listening to. It was Harry's.

I should be scared now. I should be scared when we were alone because God knew what could happen but I was not scared of being alone with him now. It sounded so crazy but what scared me more was the fact that I was not scared, if that makes sense.

I saw Harry walking to me and leaning to the railing.

Was I mad for thinking this railing only belonged to Draco and no one else could lean on it?

"Harry, you shouldn't be here..." I said.

"Do you mean out of bed after hours or here with you?" he smiled.

"You know what you did, Harry. We can't just pretend to ourselves. Everything has changed since you kissed me. It ruined everything," I said but my voice was not aggressive so I bet that he found it charming.

"I don't regret it. I wanted to do it and I did it. I didn't say it would be easy. You're my enemy's daughter, you know. How crazy is that?"

"I never thought it this way," I said.

"That's exactly what I mean. And I hadn't even thought about it since last week. I can't see you as an enemy. I never would," he said. I had lowered my eyes and I wouldn't dare to look at him. "I want you and you want me."

"Harry, you're missing a huge point here! I'm with Draco! I love him!" I shouted at him.

"That didn't seem to bother you when we were sleeping together last night!" he said and sort of laughed at it.

I would have made an argument. After hours of thinking about it and putting myself down for it, I couldn't help but admit I couldn't take full responsibility for my actions last night.

It was moment of pure weakness; weakness at it's best. I was afraid, in a state of shock, tired, crying, screaming. I had been sleepless for so many nights. I was paralyzed by lack of sleep. However guilty I felt about it, I had to be fair with myself. I had just fallen asleep after days of torture, with my best friend comforting me.

Last night didn't count, and I would have explained that to him, if not for a familiar voice breaking the relative silence in the Astronomy Tower.

"WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT?" I heard Draco shouting from the other corner of the room.

*     *     *

Vote & Comment & Follow

💙💙💙💙