Getting Along?

After one intense lockdown the crew and I were heading back to Vegas to meet up with Dan and get it next lockdown. We piled in the RV, Jay and Bill followed us in their car.

"Long ride home" Bacon cheered me as I walked on. "How you feeling Ty?"

"I'm okay, had a day to decompress and I'm good." I smiled and headed to my little sofa.

Aaron was already asleep on his bunk and Zak's door was closed, so I'm guessing he was already in and ignoring us again. I looked at his door and sighed.

He scared me last night, I've never known someone to throw a fit and cause them cuts especially Zak's they were deep. He told me he got angry but at what. I did hear yelling while I was showering but I couldn't figure out what they were saying.

I shook my head as this overthinking things was giving me a headache, I tried to get comfy but the sofa wasn't big enough. I squirmed, rolled around, getting comfortable but nothing. I grunted and gave up.

"You wanna sleep in my bunk Ty?" Bacon shouted from the front.

"Please." I raced up and gave him a kiss on the cheek and raced towards his bunk. I climbed up the ladder and dove myself under his blankets and fell asleep.

>>

"Tyler please stay awake with me." John frantically asked me.

"John we have to sleep. Mum will get angry" I lowered my voice as footsteps approached our room.

"He'll come get me tonight. He said he will. Ty I don't know what he'll do." John tucked himself under his blankets tight. I could hear him shiver from across the room.

"Who?" Even though mum would yell at us for being awake, curiosity got the best of me and I poked my head up.

"The... d-devil" he whispered.

The devil. Seriously. I laughed, harder and harder. John looked at me with hurtful eyes, he cried and rolled over not facing me.

"John. There's no devil. Get some sleep." I didn't know that would be the last conversation I'd have with my brother John.

>>

"Ty!" A pair of hands gripped me.

"Huh what!" I jumped up hitting my head. "Ow!" I hissed.

"You were sleep talking" Aaron rubbed my head. "Who's John?" He winked.

"Ew no!" I slapped his hand. "That's my brother."

"Oh yea? What does he do?" Aaron started to make conversation.

"Um he was taken away, kidnapped as you call it." Aaron instantly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in close.

"Oh Ty, I'm so sorry. Is this the brother that was taken? Did you guys find him, or is he de--"

"No. We never found out if he was alive or dead. My mother searched high and low for him until she passed, my dad died of a serious heart attack when he found out about the missing of John. No leads, no nothing but I remember waking up and seeing something or someone." I gazed into space and tried so hard in remembering.

"Was it a man?" Aaron asked.

"No. I mean I dunno I only saw eyes, never saw them in my life but once I saw them I thought I'd remember them forever but soon enough my life went on and I forgot them." I sat up. "Until the other night." I looked at Aaron in the eyes.

"Red eyes." He exhaled.

"Red eyes." I nodded back.

"That's powerful. You know they symbolise red eyes with demonic or the devil? You know it's something demonic, don't you?" He asked me quietly.

"It was something evil. Something powerful. There would've been some remains of my brother, something. Like he couldn't of vanished into thin air." I exaggerated.

"Is that how you got yourself into this field?"

"More or less, always knew I had a gift but I focused on it more when I looked into his eyes. I thought maybe if John had died I'd be able to see him and ask questions but he is the one person I can't see." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you believe he is dead?" Aaron peered his eyes at me.

"You know my answer to this." His eye knew what I was going to say so I didn't need to tell him.

"Say it." He tempted me.

"He isn't dead." My body shivered at the words that came out of my mouth, I really haven't said it out loud.

"Petrol stop!" Bacon shouted.

"Yippie!" Aaron cheered." Coffee and snacks!" He jumped off the bed and dashed out of the RV.

As I went to jump I didn't see Zak coming out of his room and I jumped straight on him but he had quick reflexes and caught me.

"Hello" he was in a happy mood.

"Great catch Bagans." I laughed. He placed me on the ground and took a look at me. "What's with the wandering eyes?" I questioned.

"Just enjoying the view." He winked. "Shall we?" He pointed to the door. "Coffee? Food?"

"Oh yes" I laughed.

As he followed me out of the RV I expected him to walk besides me but he kept behind me. I could fell his eyes burn the back of me, I constantly turned around to see him still starring at me.

"You get more and more shocked when you look back and see me." He licked his lips.

"Walk with me? Not behind me." I asked. He simply smiled and joined me.

Could it be! Are we getting along, Zak and me?