Handsomely Abrupt.

"Room 234" I started to repeat to myself as I wondered the corridor. "Room 234."

"Tyler! Hey!" Aaron ran up to me helping me with my bags,
which I was thankful for. Despite having no food gadgets my bag was pretty heavy. "You must've packed big equipment." He smirked.

"No. Not really" I continued to walk.

"Room?" He shouted.

"Uh 234" I called back.

"Hey hey I'm 230, we're practically roommates" he cheered. He over took me and lead me to my room. "You've got Billy in 231, Jay in 232 and Zak in 233 right across from you."

I froze as we reached my door and Zak came out of his. He didn't waste even a second look at me as he looked straight at Aaron.

"Seriously. The people they have here for the show." He moaned and stormed off.

I was speechless, how did he know I was here for the show? Aaron. We both stood in silence adverting our eyes from each other, I'm not sure that comment was for me but if it was I now feel like crap.

"Umm thanks for helping, I'm gonna go inside and sleep." I unlocked my door and took my bags from Aaron.

"Um yea, sorry about that he is a grumpy dude." He tried to laugh it off but he managed to make the situation worst.

"See you around Tyler." He bolted as soon as he finished my name. I watched him chase Zak down the hallway.

As I got in my room I felt drained, as I got on the bed I fell into a deep sleep.

>>

BANG. BANG. BANG.

I threw myself out of bed as my door was being punched in. I stumbled to the door only to open it and no one was there, I scratched my face and groaned. "Not now."

2am. 

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't, I was tossing and turning and decided to get up and head down to the pool.

I chucked on a baggy jumper and my little black shorts then headed out.

Despite how crazy it was when I checked in, this place was now quite and peaceful. I didn't realise this was a nice hotel, big areas and the pool was massive. I dipped my feet in the pool and started to think of how I'll spend my time here, will they acknowledge I have no team and throw me in one? What if they see I have no equipment, will they tell me to go?

Thinking about teams and equipment, Zak ran into my head and his comment earlier. It couldn't have been for me, he didn't know me from a bar of soap and neither did Aaron. As I thought about it more I was getting angry, I wanted to knock on his door and say 'what the fuck?'

But we all know I'm a wimp and won't do it, confrontation not my thing. I'd rather dwell on it and be pathetic like that.

"234" Aaron popped his head up from behind me.

"Crap!" As I jumped, I felt myself falling off the end and into the pool... but a pair of hands caught me. Zak's hands.

"Watch it." He hissed.

"Did I scare you Tyler" Aaron helped Zak get me to my feet. Compared to these guys I was a midget. A walking head job Matt called me.

"Well yea, what are you guys doing out so late?" I turned my questions to Aaron and I felt uncomfortable looking at Zak.

"Walking. Eating. Life is a lot better at 2 in the morning, what are you doing up?" He nudged me.

"Couldn't sleep, so decided to come down here for some peace and quite but I've been nearly scared to death." I laughed.

"I'm turning in, night dude" Zak patted Aaron on the shoulder, glared at me and then he headed back upstairs.

"He is so abrupt." I watched as Zak headed inside.

"Not a big people person, get to know him and you'll see he can be good." He laughed. "Want company?" He offered.

I looked at Aaron asking myself do I want him down here asking me questions, then telling Zak everything? No.

"It's okay, I'm heading back up soon. Thanks for the offer." I hugged him goodnight and he walked away.

Even though I was petrified of this whole begin on The Paranormal, I didn't want anyone or any crew fucking it up for me. I'm going to prove to people I can do this single handed, prove that women have a place in the field. My mind was telling me to stop being a wimp and step up but my body was shaking. I've never been put in a situation like this, I'm normally the one always left out.

'Bby gurl! How is it? Soz out drinking and it's boring so imma wake you up!' I read the message Matt sent me laughing, he was on a blind date me clearly it wasn't going well.

'Good maybe I dunno. But the resort is nice! So many people here Matt it's crowded, I'm trying to be strong but I'm so alone.'

Either Matt will ring me and yell at me or if he is drunk he'll sympathise with me. I waited for a response and never got one.

I decided now it was time for bed, I headed back to my room and to see Zak outside his door on the phone growling at whoever he was talking to.

"...Just! Call me back!" You can't angrily hang up on an iPhone but he managed to do it.

My eyes drifted around looking everywhere but not at Zak. I wanted to find my card and get in my room but ofcourse I'm the dark I was having trouble.

"Here." He turned on his phone light to help me. I quickly found it and opened my door. "No thanks?" He chucked at me.

"No goodnight?" I rolled my eyes and closed the door. It wasn't a great throw at him but my heart was pounding as I stood up for myself, I never stand up for myself.

I double locked the door and dove back in bed, wrapped myself up and closed my eyes. What will tomorrow bring, I don't know but I'm ready.