Chapter 59 - Death Eater

Start from the beginning

"Okay, alright, I promise."

"He's not very patient, you know... I'll just be waiting for you at my room, okay?" she said.

I did as she said. I walked down the stairs to the Living Room trembling with fear. When I reached the big, old door, I hesitated very much before knocking.

I swallowed and then knocked.

"Come in?" I heard Voldemort's voice from inside. I opened the door and got inside to see him sitting comfortably on the sofa.

"You asked to see me, my Lord?" I tried to make my voice sound straight and steady.

"Yes, Draco. Please, sit down," he answered. I did as he said. "Now, before you are told of what you are about to do," about to do? I thought. "I want you to know that your father's behavior has been the worse and I advise you not to follow his example, if you really take your Death Eater life seriously."

"Don't worry, I won't," I said stiffly.

"I think so, too. You were always loyal enough. You even tried romance my daughter to get her to join me. It was thoughtful of you to try and trick her, I know it mustn't have been easy to act as if you were in love with that stupid, ugly girl," said Voldemort. So that's what they told you... "But let me explain to you about your mission." He stood and went near the lit fireplace. "As you well know, this time was never more crucial. If we want to rule, we have to struck down our enemies. And I ask you, who is one of our biggest enemies?" He couldn't have meant Harry Potter, that was too obvious. After a moment of silence, he went on. "Let me help you. You leave in the same environment. He also lives in Hogwarts, even though he isn't a student. He also goes with the name of... the greatest wizard of our century..." he said mockingly before a little laugh. "Any ideas?"

I thought about it, even though I already knew the answer.

"Albus Dumbledore?" I asked. What was more frightening with what Voldemort might want me to do with this person. Spy on him him, maybe...

"That's right. You have direct access to our Headmaster because you also study in Hogwarts. It is easy for you to spy him, and much easier to kill him."

I starred.

"That's right, Draco. You will kill Albus Dumbledore for me."

I couldn't spell a word, I couldn't even breath. It was monstrous. He wanted me to kill someone and most importantly he wanted me to kill... him. I thousand thoughts exploded inside my head. Why would he ask someone like me to do that? He knew I was young and inexperienced. How was I going to kill the greatest wizard of our century, and most importantly, how was I going to kill the only family that Anne has been left with?

"How?" This was the only word I could spell.

"This is none of my business. However you want," he answered naturally.

"Why me?" I asked.

"What an egoistic thing to say, Draco." He breathed out after a moment of stunned staring. "I'm disappointed. Not only by your father, but also from you now. I don't expect you to deal with something so important in seconds but I would at least expect you to be grateful. It is the greatest honor, being chosen for a mission like this. You should be proud rather than afraid."

"I'm not afraid." I lied.

Lies came naturally to me by this point. It was easy to go ahead and play my role, a role that I was playing more often than just on my encounters with this person.

"I hope you're not," he said.

"Does my mother and father know?" I asked.

"Both of them. And they consider it as the greatest honor that the Malfoy family has ever granted," he answered.