Chapter 58 - A Great Fight Coming

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry about Sirius, Harry," I said simply. Harry didn't answer. We continued gazing at the sunset until the sun had sunk under the orange and purple water.

"Everything is going to change now, isn't it?" he said.

"Everything... Everyone... The place will be completely different when we get back. Conditions will have changed," I said. Somehow I knew that he understood what I was thinking.

Draco. I knew there was no way of being with him after what happened. Lucius wouldn't allow it. I doubted Voldemort would care but Lucius wouldn't accept a traitress in the family. That would be even more impossible than one year ago, when I thought he had to accept a muggleborn Ravenclaw.

There was no guarantee that he would ever leave his family. I had willingly failed in changing his mind, as Sirius had once advised me to do. I was never again going to bring us to the point of breaking - that would kill Draco. He loved his family and wouldn't leave them for what he thought was a meaningless and already won war.

We could hide for some time, but one way or another, we would end up in different combats, fighting against each other.

"Where are you going for holidays?" he said as we walked out the Astronomy Tower.

"I asked Dumbledore to let me go back to London and stay at my old house," I answered.

"All alone?" he said worried.

"It will be harder for anyone to find me. It's a big city and they don't know my address. He is actually afraid for my health. He thinks I should have someone with me, just in case I need something. He said that a family from the Order wants me to go and stay with them so they can take care of me but I really need to stay alone for a month at least. In any case, we agreed that I have to pay a visit to St. Mungo's once a week." I said. "Where are you going?"

"Back to the Dursleys'..." he breathed out disappointed.

"Give them my best..." I hit his ribs with my elbow and laughed.

"We could meet when we are in London, right?" he said and I felt his green eyes looking at me like begging sapphires on a white pool. "I could handle a friend in this awfully boring summer with the family I hate..." he said more cheerfully than I would expect.

"Of course. Better with friends than alone..." we remained thoughtful after that last few words. It was like I had said something very important without really thinking about it.

Come to think of it, this is the thing that unites us, binds us. Friends and family and love are only a few things that help you live when you're theoretically left with nothing. Because when you have them, you have something.

So, it didn't matter much if the danger was more than ever before. If the fight was fought alongside your heroes, it was a fight worth having.

*     *     *

The train had already left the Hogsmeade Station. Luna, Cho and I were sitting in our own compartment. Cho and Luna continued talking about their summer holidays. They would both spend their summer with their families and Cho would visit Spain. I wasn't talking. In a few hours I'd be back to my old house, a place that I hadn't been to for nearly six years.

"Hey Luna, Cho..." I heard a voice after our compartment's door opened. It was the only one I wouldn't expect to see here. It as Draco. I must admit, I wasn't that surprised that he said hi to my friends. He used to do that a lot the last few months.

Luna and Cho smiled.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked looking at me.

"Sure..." I answered but my voice was weak. He led me out of the compartment. The corridor was completely empty. It would be easier for us to talk here than in any other place. "Well?" I said and I sounded warmer then I intended to.