"Did you like it?", I nervously ask biting my bottom lip.

"Yes of course thank you babe", he smiles.

We both grab the chocolate covered strawberries taking a bite.

"Babe I have something important to tell you", I mumble scratching my arm due to the nerves.

Eli looks at me in the eyes, "what is it?".

Omg, I'm so nervous

"U-Uhm I was thinking for your p-present..", I stutter horribly looking down at my empty plate then up to Eli.

"Uh huh?", He signals me to continue.

"I-I want to give my whole self to you.. I'm ready", I say more clearly and firm.

His eyes widen as a smile forms on his lips.

He reaches over to grab my hands cuffing them into his.

"Are you sure babe?"

"Yes", I smile.

Suddenly my phone vibrates and I reach into my pocket taking it out.

Text message from Mother in law

Hun, we're ready!

Text message to Mother in law

Got it! On our way

"Let's go to your house babe", I suggest looking back up at Eli who stares at me in admiration.

"Damn girl you want this D...", Eli says before I cut him off.

"Don't push your luck", I warn.

He chuckles then signals the waitress for the check.

"I'll be right back", I say heading towards the restroom with my big purse.

Getting into one of the stalls I put my purse down pulling out my white V-cut dress and nude creme heels.

There was no way I was going to look disgusting at Eli's surprise party.

Once I was done putting on my outfit I stepped out of the stall stopping in front of the restroom mirror.

My makeup was still on point my hair was still straight in place.

I turn my heel exiting out.

"Why are you wearing a dress?", Eli furrows his brows in confusion as I make my way to him.

"I want to look nice for our big day", I respond.

"Why? We're just going to chill at my pad", he stands up from our booth grabbing his cake.

"Just say I'm beautiful and shut up with the questions", I demand since I was starting to run out of things to say.

"Your beautiful", he compliments me as we head out of the restaurant.

-
-