Fourty Five

Month 8 and a half.

Alec sighs plopping down next to Magnus wrapping his arms around him and smiled.

"Finally, the kids are gone to school and we have some alone time." Alec smiled snuggling into Magnus who was rubbing his bump.

"The baby is digging into my ribs." Magnus winced gritting his teeth.

Alec frowns "Im sorry baby, im sure he'll move soon." Alec says rubbing his husbands back soothingly.

"Milo, your hurting mommy." Magnus moaned.

Alec kissed Magnus on the cheek and stood up.

"So are you hungry?" Alec asks.

Magnus shrugged "I don't have an appetite really but I guess Ill have some fruit." Magnus says.

"Alright, fresh fruit coming right up." Alec smiled leaving the room.

Magnus winced as he too stood up and walked out to the bathroom.

He was beginning to grow worried, he hadn't peed this much since he was going into labor with both Kennedy and the twins.

He slowly looked down at his boxers and saw a red stain.

He gasped staggering backwards as if trying to escape it.

"N..no your early" Magnus whispers.

He knew now that the cramping he was experiencing all night, and morning wasn't the baby on his ribs, it was early contractions.

"ALEXANDER!" Magnus cries.

He heard Alecs feet pounding across the wooden floors and the door flung open.

Magnus stood with his boxers down not sure what to do and Alec gazed down.

"R..red spot" Magnus stammered.

"T..thats a sign of early labor isn't it? " Alec asks in shock.

Magnus swallowed the golf ball sized lump in his throat and nodded.

"And...t..those cramps that I had and thought were the baby on my ribs..."

"Were actually contractions. " Alec finished.

"Yeah, b..but hes early!" Magnus cries.

"Ok, ok calm down honey I'll call Catraina all right?" Alec says placing a hand on Magnus' shoulder.

Magnus swallows hard and nods.
****
"Tell me the symptoms. " Catraina says rushing around the spare room which was pretty much a temporary hospital room now.

Magnus with the help of Alec got onto the examination table.

"Well last night around 12ish I had cramps,  I thought they were just from the baby on my ribs but I got up around 5ish and peed, then about 45 minutes later I went to the bathroom again,  and there was the same cycle of symptoms until 9am when I went to the bathroom and looked at my underwear, there was blood or something just like when I was about to go into labor with the other children. " Magnus says.

Catraina checked Magnus after that, doing the ultrasound, checking his blood pressure, and heart rate as well as the babies and then she pulled his pants down and checked how far he was.

"Well, Magnus you're definitely in labor because your 1 centimeter, and the baby is starting to move down to the birth canal for birth so your going to have to go and put this gown on."Catraina says pulling out a hospital gown and handing it to Magnus.

Magnus took it and went to put it on.

"Im going to have to call Jace and Clary. " Alec says leaving the room to dial Jaces number.

He immediately picked up, his breathing was raspy and heavy.

"This better be good bro, I was training Izzy. "  Jace panted.

"It is, actually its an emergency. " Alec says gripping the phone tighter.

"Oh.. well in that case whats going on? You need me to come and kick some ass for you?"  Jace asks.

"No, I need you to pick up the kids after school. "Alec says.

"Um..sure but why?" Jace asks.

"Magnus is going into labor. " Alec says.

"Right now? But he isn't due for another little while" Jace says in shock.

"I know but Catraina is here and said hes definitely going into labor so can you pick them up?" Alec asks.

"Ok yeah sure bro, call me when something is going to happen. "   Jace says.

"I will." Alec says and hung up.

He walked back into the room to see Magnus lying on the hospital bed attached to wires and things.

"Hey baby" Alec smiles sitting next to Magnus, taking his hand in his own.

"Whered you go I thought you left me" Magnus frowns.

"Of course not darling I had to make a call to Jace to tell him that you were going to have  the  baby soon and that he needed to pick up the children." Alec says kissing Magnus' feverish forehead.

"Im so sleepy. " Magnus yawns.

Alec smiled down at him "then go to sleep baby, theres a long while to go before anything big happens."Alec whispered stroking his hair.

"Mmm...promise you won't leave me" Magnus murmurs tiredly, eyes shut.

Alec kissed Magnus' nose "I promise, now go to sleep darling. "

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys,  I finally got around to writing another chapter :)

It isn't the best but anyway...

Also im sorry the last few chapters seemed rushed with the time skip and all I had major writers block and had no idea what to write hope you dont mind ♥

Chapter 46 soon!