Chapter 59

Chapter 59

A meeting is held at the Central City, in front of everyone. Megan is standing on the stage and her hands are clasped behind her back, her blue dress flowing carelessly on the ground as she stares at everyone. She has a light make up on her face and takes a step elegantly. We are on the side of the stage, near the stairs.

My father has talked with Megan about things outside and somehow convinced her about everything. We were there when Dad talked to her and it seemed like she didn't believe my father at first, but eventually she did. She knew father had no motive to lie, so why would he lie to everyone in the first place? My father has been known as one of the most trusted persons in Pisces ever. My father has earned that time a very long time ago. Once they talked, Megan thought the situation, assessing everything. Then Mega decided to hold a meeting for everyone and told us that everyone should know about the truth. Though my father was being honest to her, she did scold us that if this was just a trick, though in a jokingly manner, Megan said that she would have my father killed, which made me roll my eyes at her. I didn't hate Megan. I don't at all. She has been a great leader of Pisces for so many years now, but sometimes, she can't filter whatever comes out of her mouth.

People are gathered around, all of them have the same look: confusion. The news has spread all over the town: Dylan and Daryl Allen are back with other unknown entities. At least that's what I've heard to one of the Pisces guy, a friend of Daniel Coal, Penelope Fisher's suitor. I'm spotting my best friend over the crowd of people. With her hair so beautiful, her eyes staring straight at me with a grin plastered across her lips, it's not hard to spot her. She stands out. I wave at her, smiling widely and Shawn growls, nudging his elbow on the side of my stomach and I flinch, glaring daggers at him. He smirks. Asshole.

People are starting to murmur, and their eyes are focused on me and my father. The attention makes me a bit uncomfortable, and so is my father. We're not really used to people giving their full attention at us except for the time we took the stage to be introduced as the next Chosen One, the one who would travel through the Journey. Megan raises her left hand, silencing everyone and all the chitchat and murmur stop. The place remains quiet; the sound of the water flowing and the wind gushing are the only sounds around the area.

"I'm not surprised that the news has spread like a plaque around the town," she says in a clear tone, her eyes beaming like a laser to every face in the crowd. She tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, smiling at everyone. "We Pisces are very curious. Gentle and caring, Pisces can be the best friends that may exist. In fact, we often put the needs of our friends in front of our needs. We are loyal, devoted, compassionate and whenever there is some problem in the family or among friends, we will do our best to resolve it. Deeply intuitive, We Pisces can sense if something is wrong, even before it happens. We Pisces are expressive and we will not hesitate to express our feelings to the people around us. We expect others to be open to us as they are. Communication with loved ones is very important for us. The reason why I wanted to have a meeting is because one, two of our warriors have come back after going through the Journey. Second, they came back with a news that will be alarming to us. They came back to us because they want us to know a very important information because we are important to them as much as they do to us.

"It is something about the road, the Journey, that they have traveled. As what we know, it is our tradition to send one woman or man to travel the Journey. Everyone assumes that it's a pleasure and honor to take the Journey, and bring success and glory to the Pisces; even I assumed that. But after hearing what Daryl said, I became ashamed of myself. We were actually sending people to danger without actually knowing it. It's hard to imagine that we were the only ones living here, but no, they found the others. In reality, we are not the only ones living in this world. There are others. They exist. The sad thing is, we were separated. There are twelve cities in this world, according to Daryl. Each sign represents something. Each has different powers. It's so shocking to hear that we have been separated because they thought we were a threat when united. For now, I'm stepping down as a leader and be a warrior. I hope each of you fight alongside with us. For details, Daryl and Dylan will tell you everything."

I trail behind my father. Everyone stares at us, their eyes piercing in my skin and I suck in a breath. Dad looks at me worriedly before he sets his eyes to everyone. He coughs, takes a deep breath and sighs tiredly. He ruffles my hair just like he usually did when I was a kid to comfort me, and it works. I smile up at him.

"You know me as Daryl, the one who took the Journey a decade ago," he says with so much emotion that I actually feel his pain. Pisces are very emotional. I'm very emotional, and so are my father and mother. "I had to leave my family just because I wanted to see what's in the end of the Journey. Curiosity got the best of me that I left my family just to feed my curiosity. But the end didn't really what I expected. It's... our town is home compared to that."

"It's full of secrets, lies and betrayal." I butt in, taking a step forward, going out of my father's shadow. If I want them to see me as a leader, as a future rule of the Zodiac City, then I have to stand up and take a step using my own feet. "It's actually saddening that we have been fooled because someone wanted to keep their position, their title. It's actually saddening that we have been separated because they think that we're a threat to them, and that we should be divided to weaken us. When I left to take the Journey, as well as the other Chosen Ones who took the Journey, we left what we wanted most - family, because we wanted to see for ourselves what's so special about taking the Journey. But like what Megan said, we assumed that it would give us an honor and success to Pisces if we send one man or woman every year. To everyone who thinks that being sent into the Journey is an honor, it is not. But we're thankful somehow that we have been sent because if we hadn't, then we wouldn't have found out the truth.

"Pisces is my home. Pisces is my father's home. Pisces is my mother's home. Pisces is my friends's home. Pisces is everyone's home, and it's in the brink of being destroyed. We are in a great danger, and we have to fight. United. We have to fight unitedly with other cities. As of this moment, I hope my friends out there have reached other cities to inform them about our mission - to destroy the people who want us to be destroyed first. There has been a reason why they wanted us to be separated. It is because of a prophecy; The 14th Zodiac Sign shall born / With the blood of Ophiuchus / The Cetus is what's its called / And he shall rule the world of stars / Before its shine fades out; / Before the world is consumed by darkness.

"The prophecy is true, and one who shall rule the world has been born 17 years ago. That person is standing in front of you, speaking with all of his best to convince you that he's worth to rule our world. In front of you is the person the prophecy is talking about, referring to. The person in front of you, who's speaking right now, is the one who will fight alongside with you to keep peace in our world. The person in front of you right now will help you see the new world that awaits us. With just the help of everyone, side by side, we will fight. With the help of everyone, we will earn our freedom. With the help of everyone, we will win the fight.

"I, Dylan Maxon Allen - from the town of Pisces, am claiming myself as the future ruler of the Zodiac City."