Chapter 2

Photo: Penelope Fisher
Portrayed By: Kendall Jenner
Chapter Dedicated To: andnov10

******

Chapter 2

We are in the cafeteria with the squad. Good thing the tests are now over so we don't have to practice no more. I passed at the Combat subject, where we were supposed to fight the Golems with combat and I was the first one to pass the test. Not bragging about it but the whole school is talking about it.

The squad consists of me, Penelope Fisher, Daniel Coal, Christoper Naval, Eri Neeman, Hush Bowell, Grace Jeopard and Clevy Lavina. We are talking about how we fought the Golems and what's our best moment.

I'm good at combat, and it's probably the reason why I got the first place. All my life, I have been taught to use my hands in case there's no water around me. It's a requirement for us. But most people in this town use there water powers and won't be able to not use it. They can't depend on their combat skills. I'm the only one capable of hitting and busting shits with my bare hands.

The town of Pisces is surrounded by a huge amount of water. We're probably located at the middle of the sea or something. There are lots of bridges made of ice, houses made of woods. According to the Book of Pisces Volume II (Mr. Hartford made us read all of the Book of Pisces from Volume I to X), the town of Pisces is surrounded by water so the people of the town will feel safe and comfortable. So we can use our inner spirits to relax our minds and be able to use our powers with no conflicts at all.

With that thought, I stand up and every member of the squad looks at me. I tell them that I'll just go somewhere else and Penelope doesn't bother to ask me where I'm going. She just gives me a shrug and a smile. Penelope knows me too well.

I walk to the long hallway leading to the Holy Place, where prayers and promises should be said with a heart. I reach the place. The place always amazes me. The place is dim-lit, and at the end of the hallway is a spacious rock with a flat surface, where you will suppose to kneel and say your promises or prayers. On either side of the place, there are 5 pillars with mini falls, water rushing through and falling down on the water around the flat surface rock. In front is a carved figure of a man with a large, gold trident in his hand. We believe him to be the God of Water. I kneel down and put my palm on my chest, where my heart is located and take a deep breath.

Silence fills the room and only the soft sound of the water splashing is the only sound, which is a bit calming. I shut my eyes and stay for a minute before I speak my wishes.

"Oh God of Water," I begin, opening my eyes and staring at the carved figure of the man with a trident. "Please grant my only wish. To be the Chosen One. And with a pure heart, I promise that someday, I'll return back to this city with both good and bad news. Please, whoever you are. I want to see my father and grandpa, and I know that my questions can be answered if I will be the Chosen One, to go into the Journey. And please guide me. Always. Thank you."

There's a silence again and it feels like I've been blessed with something. My heart feels lighter and the beat of my heart syncs with the calmness of the water that is surrounding me and I know for a fact that my wish will be granted. I whisper a thank you to the carved figure of a man and head off. With my chin held high, I walk to the hallway of the Academy with confidence. People are noticing me and with a beat of my heart and the walk of my legs, I can feel each pair of eyes watching me.

Then I realize. It's not me using my Pisces powers. It's the different power I have that is working. This confidence I have, it makes me shine brighter. Every man and woman that I pass by looks at me with eyes that I can't mistakenly refer to us a normal eyes. No, what they have is lustful eyes, like they want to eat me at all, like they want to have a taste of me or something. Even the guys are looking at me with confused expression but with desire in their eyes that makes me shiver. It seems like every guy in the school wants to bang me right here and there. But since I'm now aware, the power doesn't last long and the students come back to their senses, shaking their head a bit. I continue walking on the hallway to the cafeteria. I spot my friends again, still talking as they laugh along at each other's jokes and whatnots.

When I reach the table, they all look at me with worried expressions but I just give them a smile. But Penelope seems to notice it because she places her hand on my shoulder.

"Everything okay?" She asks me, her eyes telling me that she's still worried sick. I ruffle her hair and she glares at me and I give her a smile, which she returns back.

"Nah," I say, grabbing a fries on her tray and shoving it into my mouth. "Just something weird happened back there. But that's not important. What's the topic?"

"You signing up for the Journey," Christopher Naval told me. Chris has this blonde hair with blue eyes. His hair is a big shaggy, and people quite find him adorable because he has puffy cheeks and a little bit of muscle on his body. "We were talking about what if you got eaten by a monster while travelling. That's a disaster, man."

"Don't worry, I won't," I chuckle. But I know all of them are worried that if I'd be the Chosen One, then there's a high chance that I'll never return to my home. But I doubt that. I made a promise to the Holy Place. I will be the Chosen One. "Guys, really. There's nothing to be worried about. I will be the Chosen One. I will travel the Journey and I just made a promise in the Holy Place. A promise that I'll never break. I promised it with a pure heart. I'll go back here with a good and bad news."

"It's just that, we're scared for you." Hush said, her chestnut eyes staring straight at me. "My great grandfather, Joel Bowell, never came back after he had been sent into the Journey. Your grandfather and father, too. They had been sent into the Journey but no one came back. And all of them promised that they were going to come back." Joel Bowell was one of the millions that had participated to be sent into the Journey. That was two decades ago since he was sent into the Journey but he never came back.

"I know, I know, guys." I tell them, looking them at their eyes to tell them that I'm not going to back-out. This is my dream. I'm following my grandfather and father's footsteps and nobody can stop me. "Look, I'm the top warrior of this Academy. Number 1. And I didn't reach the top just because I wanted to be number one. I want to go into the Journey. And we all know that it's one the requirements. Those people that are behind me, they have odds of being the Chosen One. So I will, most likely, be the Chosen One. Plus, I just wished that in the Holy Place. I need to do this, guys. Or my questions will be forever unanswered."

"Okay, so we need to the pledge thing," says Clevy Lavina firmly. He holds out his hands for us to take and I roll my eyes at his ridiculousness but we take his hands though. "When you go the Journey, if you haven't returned back between a period of a year and 10 years, we'll curse you and our friendship will be over. We will forget you." That works for everyone because they all nod. I sigh, kind of exasperated but nod anyways.

"Okay, I promise that I'll return back between the span of a year and 10 years from now. Happy?" I grumble as I get my hands off of their hold. Everyone smiles at me and I make a face. They all nod at me and we all dig into our foods. Both Penelope and I are sharing her fries. Much to her dislike, she tries to pry my hands off of her fries but I won't budge. She finally stops interferring me because she just lets me grab fries after fries. I chuckle and hug her, making a smoochie face and she squeals. Everyone laughs at us.

The bell rings, indicating that it's time to go into our Magic subject. All of us have the same classes so the classes have never been boring. We all eat faster and stand up and head to our class. We reach the classroom and Mrs. Lafayette greets us with a smile. We're always on time so she's always happy with us. Mrs. Lafayette is in her early fifties, but she can still kick some asses. She's one of the councelors of the Pisces town and her water power is powerful than us. She showed us back then. She showed us how to make our power stronger without exerting such force. When everybody is in class. She announces to everyone.

"Let's congratulate Mr. Dylan Maxon Allen for being one of the participants of the Journey." Mrs. Lafayette says in a cheery voice and everybody looks at me and claps. "We wish you all the best. We wish you luck."

Luck. That's what I need. A great, big luck.

******

Thank you for reading this chapter! This chapter is dedicated to andnov10 because she's a Pisces! Oh hail the Pisces! ♥