Chapter 24

Photo: Mia Firefly
Portrayed By: Miranda Kerr
Chapter Dedicated To: AliciaAlyss

******

Chapter 24

The feeling of being taken care of is pretty great. The thought of me kissing Shawn is making me hot and bothered. It's actually true, that he's the first guy, or person for that matter, I've ever kissed. Well, it seems like Shawn has kissed a lot of people back then because he was so good at kissing me that it carried me away. He knows how to lead, how to make the kiss perfect. Shawn made me feel great and all. I was nearly dying. I didn't know why but even though it was a water I fell into, I couldn't breath at all. It was like I was being choked.

To my relief, Shawn was there to save me. And I felt what Cooper and Beige must have felt when they were saved by Shawn. I now adore him.

As I rest my back on the rocky ground, with Shawn whipping his head to his left and right, checking to see if there are any monsters who try to attack us. Fortunately, the place is clear and safe. As for now, though. My chest heaves up and down, calm. I shut my eyes and then a pair of hand rubs my chest softly, making me snap my eyes open and wide. Shawn's touch is warm and gentle. He runs his fingers towards my chest up to my collarbone, massaging it a bit and I let out a satisfying groan. I really need a massage. Soon enough, Shawn is on top of me, massaging my whole body and I can feel the tension leaving off my body and the whole time, my eyes are just shut, feeling his touch.

Then I snap my eyes open.

It's a freaking dream.

Looking around my place, my hand shots towards my lips, thinking if the kiss was real. The kiss happened. Shawn saved me. We made out in the sea of blood. We made out even though we were in danger. I'm guessing Shawn is really bad for my health, isn't he?

"Are you okay?" His deep voice invades my ears, making me jolt and whip my head behind. Shawn is... half naked, his shirt is on the branch of the tree, drying. My eyes watch his Adam's apple bob, down to his neck until my eyes reach his pectoral muscles that are so looking hard and good. His abs, his six pack abs, God, it must feel good if I run my fingers across his stomach. His happy trail is seeming gorgeous as it runs down inside his pants; he makes me speechless overall. His hair is still wet, beads of water still dripping down, and his eyes, his eyes are always breathtaking and so beautiful. His lips are slightly parted, looking sinful and irresistible, plump and soft. He makes me speechless. Really. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" He tries to mask his voice with no tone but fails to do so. Instead, it comes out with a light chuckle.

I try not to blush because of his question but it's gotten the best of me. I hang my head low, trying to hide my embarrassment. The fact that I was ogling him like he's a piece of meat is not so me.

"Oh, come on." He says, his tone is still playful. I can practically see his smug grin just by basing it on his voice. "I know that I'm hot and the fact that I always see you staring at me proves me that I'm correct. That I am always correct."

"Shut up," I mumble, still hanging my head low. "I wasn't staring at you and I'm not always staring at you. Please stop being so full of yourself. It irks me. You irk me."

"I do?" Then I feel his presense behind me and his hot breath fanning the back of my neck, making me have goosebumps as my back presses against his bare chest. "Now I know why I hated you in the first place."

He hated me in the first place. Why? "Why did you hate me?"

"Because I was already attracted to you and still am," he says, licking my lobe and I suppress a moan from coming out of my mouth, instead what comes out of my mouth is a throaty sound. "The difference, I have come to acceptance that I like you. I was jealous of Browdie because he could be around you without even trying hard whereas I, well, I was making a big deal out of it. I was, let's just say, confused. I was... afraid."

"You were afraid?" I ask him, shock to hear that he's afraid. "Why were you afraid? I mean..."

"Everything happened so fast I barely had time to think things through," he mumbles against the crook of my neck, planting a soft kiss that makes me shiver and moan. "And then when you and I got parted by accident, I'm referring to the time where we were in a cave, I nearly lost it. I was scared that you'd die. I was scared because I wasn't there to protect you."

The cave. My mind instantly flashes a question and I furrow my brows at him. "Wait... just to ask, before that happened, remember when you knocked me? By accident? And then I was sleeping and then when I woke up, I was hugging a soft pillow and then..."

A blush creeps up on Shawn's cheeks and my heart beats faster. Seeing him blushing is making my heart pop out. He rubs his neck awkwardly, shy and his eyes are looking anywhere but me. "Uh, let's just say Browdie was the soft pillow and I was.... I got jealous, okay? I replaced him and let you sleep on my lap. Ever since that happened, Jelai's been making fun of me. That girl, I swear I wanted to kill her right there and then." He huffs and heat runs through my neck up to my cheeks and I bury my face in his chest, groaning.

"Can you wear your shirt? You're distracting me," I mumble softly and almost a whisper, afraid that he'd hear the statement. He does.

"So now, I'm a distraction? That's nice," he says smugly and presses his bare chest more against my back and that's when I realize that I'm not wearing any shirt. The contact of his bare skin against mine is making me feel hot and my breath hitches. "Well, you're a distraction to me, too, Dylan."

Shawn begins to put kisses across my neck up to my cheek, across my jawline until he reaches my lips and presses his against my lips longer. I moan out as his hands wrap around me. Our lips dance in sync, neither of us pulling out as our kiss begins to get stronger and more aggressive. His hands grip my hips, keeping me in place whereas my hands are making its way to his soft locks and eventually, my hands grip his hair and a moan escapes our lips, his with a grunt. I pull away.

"Okay, okay," I say, pushing him away, me breathless from the kiss. "We shouldn't kiss like that. In fact, we shouldn't kiss at all. It's not good and I'm not being a homophobic bastard because I'd be a hypocrite. I'd say I'm still confused. That's the safest answer I can give you, okay? I know for a fact that I like you but I'm not mentally and physically prepared to accept myself and I don't know if it's a bad thing or not. I'm guessing it's the former, though." I ramble, burying my face in my hands. "So can you please, just please, back off? I mean, I'm sorry. Just give me a little bit more of time, okay? Just for me to think things through. Give me a chance, please?"

At first, his expression's hard and cold, and his eyes are focused on me with a glare and his eyes are blazing with a negative fire, then his expression softens when I give him the puppy eyes and stick out my lips in a pout. He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Sure," he says, nodding his head as he leans down and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "But tell the others to back off of you or else I'll kill them. Especially Brent. I don't like Brent near you. Him and Ivan are perfect. For each other. You're perfect for me. Case closed. Shut up already. Don't make any comments about my statement because nothing will change. Nope, nope, nope."

"Just seal your mouth," I say with a chuckle, punching his shoulder lightly. "Wear your shirt, we need to get going. We need to find Browdie and the others. I bet Browdie feels lonely as hell because, let's just say your pet wolf is kind of an asshole like you and doesn't like to mingle and have a cup of tea with other people. Except Brent. Maybe Brent could be his best friend for awhile, don't you think?"

"I don't even know why Browdie likes Brent," he mutters, rolling his eyes. "Maybe he used his mind power and messed Browdie's mind."

"Shut up, Brent's a good guy."

"Shut up, Brent's not a good guy." He growls, hugging me suddenly. "I'm the only good guy for you."

******

Is Shawn only the good guy for Dylan? What does he mean? What does he mean by that... OH! I think I have an idea now. *sings Good For You*