Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"Depend on yourself," our coach advises to us. Our team leader, whose name is William Porch, eyes us with full of expectation. All of us stand straight, loooking at him with the same intensity he has on his eyes. Every once in a while, Fiero would look at me and glare. I don't know why that guy hates me so much. "Not everytime, you would be able to use your powers."

"Yeah, like Dylan Maxon Allen." Fiero sniggers and the others laugh. I purse my lips, not wanting to retort because probably. I'd look like a fool. Apparently, William Porch doesn't want a human so full of himself.

William glares at Fiero, who shuts up immediately. "Seal your mouth, Fiero. Don't open it until I say so." Everyone shuts their mouth tight, as if not wanting to speak anymore and right now, I can't hide the smile that is forming on my lips. William sees me and hides a smile then his face gets serious and looks at us. "Get ready for sparring. Since you guys are twelve, you will be divided into three groups. Each group consists of 4 members. This field will be your battlefield. The winner will have a reward from me. So good luck. I know that we've not started the training yet, but I'd like to know what your capabilities are. I'll observe what would happen and after the sparring, I'll point things out on what you need to improve. Got that?"

"Yes, coach." Everyone says in unison as we give him a salute.

William nods at us and stares at his clipboard. "Alright, from Team One. Please step forward as I call out your name, okay? Fiero Montrill. Kelly Mars. Tori Boulevard. Kent Davis." The Team One steps forward and William motions for them on the side and they all walk together on the side. "Team Two. Brentley Fits Matthews. George Hades. Gregory Southern. Timothy Shulley. The next team, Team Three. Corey Davids. David Parker. Jeffrey Nee. Ella Buttermase. Team Four, Dylan Maxon Allen. Kimberly Stein. Adam Barge. Sven Kites."

All of us go to our own team and for the first time, Brent will be my enemy. When he sees me, he gives me a wink that makes me laugh and I roll my eyes at him, wanting to flip him off but unfortunately, the coach is staring at us with cold eyes. I don't want to be on his bad side. Coach William seems terror.

Kimberly has an auburn hair that flows freely into her shoulder levels. She has a huge boobs that always seem to pop out but she's the type of girl you'd respect. She's dressing properly and not like the other girls I mostly see here. Her eyelashes have color, pink and her cheeks are lightly pink. Her height is shorter than me but she looks like she's ready to kill. Sagittarius. Sven has a short and cropped brown hair and has a brown skin, and he's a bit bulky but still can consider as average. He's the same height as me and belongs to Aquarius. Adam has a shaggy black hair, a little scrawny, has glasses. Kind of reminds of Brent. He's from Virgo.

Virgo. Sagittarius. Pisces. Aquarius. That's cool. I think we can kick some asses now. But on the other hand, one specific team has the mind manipulator and that would tricky. Apparently, Brent has mastered his power and I still have to practices on controlling mine. Brent would be really tough to be an enemy. I mean, I know this is just for fun and all but we need to be serious. These kids, they are Chosen Ones as well, so they can put up a fight.

Coach William sends us to a different place. Team Four's base is located in the narrow hallway of the Weapons Building and Power Academy. 1/4 of the Zodiac City will be our warzone. Exciting as hell, and I need to be serious on this. I need to prove on Fiero that I can be a badass Pisces who kicks asses as well. I want to show everyone how great the Pisces people are. I want to show them what can Pisces people do. Coach William leaves us and gets to the other teams. All four of us stare at each other, not really talking. I'm guessing it's because this is the first time we ever got to hang out. Even though all of us have already introduced ourselves, we're still not comfortable with each other.