Chapter 20

Photo: Cole Dapper
Portrayed By: Nicholas Massa
Chapter Dedicated To: Ishika-

******

Chapter 20

Ivan is, as expected, showing off his powers, using his both air and water to create a magnificent view. Shawn is watching him intently, his eyes twinkling as he watches Ivan does his magic. I scoff, thinking that it's ridiculous. Most of them watching Ivan, even Brent! Jelai and Mia are watching as well, mouth agape and I roll my eyes at them. Yes, Ivan's power is cool and all, but I'm not interested. I have my own powers. I can turn water into an ice, which he cannot do. He can manipulate wind, but that's all. There's nothing great about that.

"Don't like the show, huh?" A person asks behind me that makes me jump. I put my palm on my chest and whip my head over my shoulder, looking at the culprit. It's Beige, whose power is logic and nature manipulator. I nod at him, finding it amused that he's not watching Ivan's mini show of fame. "As much as I'm trying to convince myself that he's just doing this to entertain us... I really can't use my power because of his dumbness. It's affecting me." I chuckle, shaking my head. That makes him smirk, showing a deep dimple on his left cheek.

"You're being mean," I say, my voice playful, wiggling my brows at him.

"I can't think rationally, I swear." He grins, bumping my shoulder. "Want to take a walk and leave these... humans for a while. We're not going to go far away, though."

"Sure," I immediately say, finding comfort by his presence. I feel like he and I would make a great team. "I'm bored anyways. I don't like the show. It's better to watch out than to watch him. It's hurting my eyes." He laughs lightly and we both start walking away. I'm sure Brent and Shawn would be too busy to even know I just walked away.

Another guy, whose name is Albert, joins us and both he and Beige high-five each other and Albert gives me a grin. I smile back at him. Cooper and Giovanni notice and join us to our mini walk.

I find joy and comfort, I'm at ease, when I'm with them right now. They're all cheerful and great and awesome. Cooper and Beige are interacting really well, and they're talking about abnormal stuffs. I can't understand them. I try to join their conversation, but to no avail, I can't rack any smart things to say or to discuss with them, so I let them be. Albert, Giovanni and I just goof around, pushing each other as we talk about Ivan. When we reach the biggest tree I've ever seen, its branches don't have leaves at all, and the tree looks pretty dark, like a hive of the demons. But still, we stay there, my eyes trailing to the left and right, trying to be cautious and all.

Looking at a familiar wolf, Browdie comes running into me and when he reaches me, he jumps up and we both fall down on the ground, all of them are watching us with grins tugged on their lips. Browdie gives me a lick on the cheek and I laugh out loud, massaging his head, feeling his soft brown furs. Now do I just realize that Browdie was missing. I was too caught up over Ivan and Shawn and Brent that I didn't notice Browdie was not with us. My mind flashes the image of Shawn, which makes me mad immediately. How could he let Browdie wander alone? Browdie keeps licking my face and my heart, once again, feels light from the familiar attention he's giving me. Then he growls suddenly, his yellow eyes watching the creatures that are staring at us with bloodlust in their eyes.

All of us become alert, posing a fighting stance as we watch the creatures with alertness. These creatures we're fighting are getting creepier and creepier. Now, they consist of a headless warrior, a scorpion with a head of spider, a lizard that can stand up. They are a lot, and we're just only five. Browdie starts barking, bending a bit, looking like he's ready to attack.

Beige moves his feet a bit, his fingers twisting, as his eyes focus on the creatures. When he looks at me, I get a glimpse of what he's planning to do; put the vines all around the creatures' feet and I let him know through mind link to put the vine tighter around them. At first, he seems pretty shock than I can send message inside his head, but he lets it slide for a while and gives me an approving nod.