Chapter 40

Chapter 40

The world is spinning and I can't see clearly. The wind is howling hard, brushing pass me and I feel weak. The world I'm in is very dark and the place seems inhabitable for years now. This is probably a nightmare, because I was just with Shawn a few hours ago. There are no clouds above the sky and this place feels like it has been full of guilt and death. There are a lot bloods on the ground. I think this place was once a battlefield. Though I could be wrong. In front of my eyes are a strange ray of light from the sky, and a person suddenly walks out. His eyes are trained on me and speak a thousand works. I feel like I've sensed his presence before but can't remember when or how.

The man has grey eyes, and has a slicked back grey hair. He's wearing a white suit and tie and his demeanor screams power and death. From the looks of him, I could tell that he's powerful and all but at the same time, he has regrets and pain in his eyes. His height is a bit taller than mine, and his built is too die for. Good physique.

I try to move forward, but it seems like my feet are glued on the ground and my eyes fly to his walking figure to my direction. I'm afraid that he's going to hit me, or beat me to death, but at the same time, I have a feeling that he's not going to hurt me. The questions start to bug me again, but I dare not to think of it right now since I'm probably in a bad situation right now. I don't even know this man and yet he appears in my dream. Maybe he's going to appear in the future as well. Still, my feet are just on place. My whole body is paralyzed and every time he takes a step forward, it syncs with the loud beat of my heart. I swear it feels like the blood has drained inside me.

"You seem scared," he asks me in a chilling voice. His eyes become so suddenly dark that my heart stops for a second until he laughs lightly. "I'm not going to hurt you. It's not like I've hurt anyone before." Trust. I trust him. I don't know why I suddenly trust this man. I hate it. I hate the trust.

"Who are you?" I say in a confident tone. His brows quirk up and a smug smile appears on his lips, as if he's amused to see me speaking or opening my mouth. "What do you want from me? I know this is just a dream. I can feel it, but why are you invading my dream?"

He laughs and rolls his eyes, then he puts his hands inside his pocket and starts walking around me, watching his feet. "You're the answer, Dylan. We believe in you. Soon, you will know the reason why. You're correct. The Journey has been made because of one purpose and soon enough, you'll know it. But this is not the right time to discuss that. Everything will become clear soon, as they what usually say and I believe in that. This is not the right moment to reveal things. Why am I invading your dream? That question, I'd love to ask to myself. Why, why, why? Creepy, right?" The whole time, my eyes are trained on him, not wanting my eyes to focus on anything but him. Despite me trusting me all of a sudden, I still have to be cautious and all. He laughs and kicks a small rock that is on his shoe. "I would have to get back on you with that question. We'll be just able to communicate through dreams, and when you wake up, you'll not be able to remember the conversation we've had, not until you get back to my Wonderland. We'll meet again soon, Dylan. I just hope that you watch yourself out."

"Wait, don't go." That's the time I'm able to use my feet. I take a step forward as he turns on his heels, looking back at me over his shoulder. "Watch myself out to whom? I don't have an enemy, do I?"

"Yes, you do." He says in a serious tone, his eyes become dark. "We all have. Sometimes, they're like a shadow that always follow you around. They're always there it has become natural for us to ignore them. That doesn't make sense, does it? I hate to break it to you, Dylan, but I always don't make sense. You'll just get me until you realize that you're in the rare situation that will happen very soon in the future."

"You're not making any sense at all!"

"You're funny because that's just what I've said," he says in an amused tone and then shakes his head, trying to hide a smile. "No wonder they like you, a rare specimen."

"Me, a rare specimen?" I ask in irritated tone, rolling my eyes at his statement. "What am I? A science project that needs to be captured for Science purposes? I'm just like anyone."

"You are so not,"

I narrow my eyes at him and stare at him for a couple of seconds before asking, "What do you know?"

"Oh would you look at that? It's time for you to wake up," he laughs lightly and as I try to make a run for him, everything vanishes. Then everything blacks out.

+++

I wake up with a hangover, not really knowing what happened. It feels like I have had a dream and I'm trying to recall what it was but not able to. That makes me frustrated. Swinging my feet over the bed, making contact with the floor, I immediately shiver and run towards the bathroom and forget that the floor is tiled.