Chapter 33

Chapter 33

We're in the Training Area with my co-Pisces. Since we're in the Zodiac City now, we must follow the rules. I'm surprised to see that my father is one of the trainers. I feel more proud of him. There are 20 groups and per group, there are 15 members. I'm part of Phoenix McConogan's team. Though it would be best if I was in my father's team but it's fine. I heard Phoenix is great trainer as well.

Phoenix is in his, I think, mid thirties. With his dark brown hair that is brushed backwards, a bit muscle-y but not really, long arms and legs, he still looks good compared to my Dad, who, no jokes, really looks like a God and those ladies, as well as the girls same age as mine, keep looking at my father like a piece of meat. I even see Kiera watching my father with something glowing in her eyes. I snicker at her look and Phoenix notices me and arches a brow. I just shrug back, pretending to be innocent. He ignores me and goes back to checking the notes on the board.

"All right, we'll have a fight today, as always," Phoenix says as he looks at us with knowing eyes. "I know that this is the start of the week, but just like always, we'll have a fight with other zodiacs. The Pisces person who will be fighting on stage will be picked randomly. It will start in any minute now. Remember, do you best! There's no room for mistakes here. Even though this is just a weekly fight, we can't afford to lose. Let's show them how strong Pisces people are!" Everyone nods at his words and their stance is firm and they look like they are ready to kill, except for me. I'm the newbie here, so I don't really know what to do.

The whole Pisces groups are in on the corner, and the other Zodiacs are in a different places. My eyes search for one specific person and as soon as my eyes land on his group, my heart immediately clenches and it feels like I'm being stabbed hard again. Both Matthew and Shawn are holding hands. Matthew is talking with his boyfriend whereas Shawn is just listening. I look away, unable to hide the pain I'm feeling. I take a deep breath and focus myself on the fight.

A screen has appeared on the well, projecting something and I realize immediately that it's the three categories; Solo, Duo, Team.

If solo has been chosen, then one person shall fight. If Duo, then two persons will fight and if Team, there are 5 persons will fight on the arena. A mini roulette appeared and soon, it starts rolling and we all stare at the roulette. Then it stops on Solo. Another screen has appeared, and this time, the screen displays the Zodiacs. The word will be highlighted, and if it is, then one person from that Zodiac will be picked randomly. There are two lights; red and blue. The blue light shuffles for a couple of seconds before it stops on Leo and the Leo people cheer and I catch a glimpse of Cole, who has a happy face set on his face. Then the red light hovers the Zodiacs before it lands on... Pisces. Water and Fire.

"Leo versus Pisces," The announcer announces over the speaker. "The person who will represent the Leo is none other than... Fiero Montrill! And for the Pisces... is no other than Dylan Maxon Allen."

All eyes stare on me and I gulp. First time and I'm going to fight already. Why? My father gives me a thumbs up and I give him a small, shy smile. Someone motions for us to enter the Arena and I start to walk. Before I get there, my Dad pats me on the back and whispers that I can do this. I nod at his words and step onto the Arena. Now that I have my enemy in front of me, which is Fiero, who has a light yellow hair, almost orange eyes, his height is just like mine, and a bit muscular. I can say that he's only 17 or 18 years old.

Both him and I only stare at each other, assesting each other's features. This guy seems easy to beat, but I can't be so full of myself. I need to think quickly. My eyes shot towards the sky, and it seems like a forcefield is being put around us so no one can escape. What, is this a fight to the death battle? Rolling my eyes, the arena's ground starts to grow a forest and I look around me. Forest arena. The hell? When I look at Fiero, he has this smug smirk plastered on his face and I already know that he has the biggest advantage on this type of arena.

"Please brace yourself in..." The announcer starts to count down and I put my fight stance and focus my eyes on Fiero, who is standing proud and tall and he doesn't have any doubt look. He seems pretty sure that he's going to win this battle. Well, I won't let him. "Fight."

As soon as Fiero hears the go signal, he immediately jumps and turns his hand and throws a fire ball in my direction and I roll to my side, glaring at him. He smirks at me and throws another fire ball. Damn fire users. I run, hoping to see if there's any lake nearby but I see nothing. Fiero keeps throwing fire balls in my direction and all I can do is block and avoid his fire balls. I begin to run again, but Fiero seems to have predicted my move because he immediately throws a fire ball on me, hitting me on my chest. Good thing that I have my jacket, which has a Pisces logo embroided on it.

"Holy shit," I mutter, taking my jacket off immediately. I can almost see my father's head, shaking in disappointment. I don't want him to be disappointed. Right now, there's no water available, but that's why I was trained for brawling, right? Fiero throws another ball again, this time, blazing and I hide behind the large tree and it explodes. I cover my ears and start to run in his direction.

Fiero attempts to throw another fire ball in my direction again but I immediately duck, so it only hovers on my face and the whole time I'm sliding, I have this shocked expression on my face because it was really close. Once I slide, I quickly kick Fiero on his shin and that makes him grunt and fall down. Once I get a hold of his neck locked around my legs, he yells and his whole body blazes on fire, which makes me yelp and I hiss in pain as my leg got burned. I fall down on my butt and Fiero opens his palm and his hand blazes more, then he throws fire after fire and all I do is duck and roll. Once he's done, he runs full of haste in my direction and his hand makes contact on my chest and I groan in pain. And after that, I don't know already.

I think I lost.

The moment I open my eyes, I'm inside my room. I jolt up and scan my room. There's a white bandage wrapped around my body and my eyes land on the sleeping figure of Brent. His lips are slightly parted and he's snoring, which makes me chuckle a bit. I poke his cheek and his eyes flutter open, revealing his beautiful green eyes.

"Hi," he says in a croak and yawns. He stretches his arms, lifting it up and revealing his lower abdomen and he has a happy trail going down inside his pants. My eyes fly back to his face before he catches me eyeing his pants. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," I say and when I try to move, a hiss comes out of my mouth and I group. "Not really. My chest hurts. What happened?"

"Fiero won, obviously." He says in a teasing tone, grinning. "His palm was really blazing and then he touched your chest and then you flew backwards and hit the tree, getting knocked out."

"Oh," I say in a whisper.

"Don't be like oh," Brent says, running his fingers through my hair. "Since he hurt you, I'll get back on him. I don't want you getting hurt. When the time is run, I'll avenge you."

I laugh at his statement and soon realize that he's not really kidding. I nod at him and he smiles at me, stands up and puts a kiss on my forehead. Brent never really tries to kiss me on the lips, which I'm glad for, but at the same time, no.

"Rest, you're still in pain. Get more rest so your body can recover."

"Okay,"

"I'll just go out,"

"Will you please stay with me?"

Brent looks at me for a full minute and then breaks into a smile.

"Always," he replies and gets back to watching me.