Chapter 42

I feel my body shivers as the cool of the wind brushes pass my skin. I suddenly have a glimpse of my home, where everyone is calm and at peace. Unlike here, in this Hell, where everyone doesn't know what's really happening. Monthly tournament will happen in a few days. 4 days to be exact and I have yet to train myself. Everyone is busy to strengthen themselves whereas I don't really care. All that matters right now is home. My home. I miss everything. I miss my old life. I miss my mom. I miss my friends back in Pisces. I wish I did not go here in the first place. I wish I didn't get curious. If I was just a normal kid, like my old pals, I wouldn't have these thoughts that always bug me. It's making me feel frustrated every time. My mom. What is she doing right now? Is she healthy? Is she happy?

This. This is stressing me out.

I wish I could turn back time but I can't. The only person I have right now is Shawn and he makes me feel worthy and loved and everything.

As I stare deep into the water, looking at my reflection, my eyes staring back at me, a hand slides across my shoulder and I immediately shuts my eyes. The familiar skin that touches me always, the one that makes me calm and I sigh as I sink my back into his chest and he chuckles.

"What are you thinking?" Shawn asks me in a deep voice, as if he just woke up.

I hum in answer and he hugs me tight. "Home,"

Shawn plants a kiss on my temple and a smile creeps up on my lips. He does that every time that we're together, and I love every single second, every act of him. I'm beginning to regret everything, but I'm not regretting that I met Shawn. I will never regret of it. I'm surprised that I like a man, and I will always be surprised. Shawn is the first man I ever really liked and who knows, it may be deep love soon. But I'm not closing the possibility of him and I being not together. After this, what would happen next? Soon, we'll be going back to each other's home and we'll never see each other again. That's inevitable. Might as well enjoy and savor every moment with him because it will end soon.

"I'm thinking a lot of things," I say to him in a sad voice. "And it's stressing me out. Home, mom. I want to go back home. I want to spend time with my mom. I miss her so, so, so much."

He buries his face into the curve of my neck and breathes out, which makes me shiver. "I'm thinking about home, too." He states, looking at me with his cute and beautiful eyes. "And it hurts, you know. I miss everyone back in home, but we're here now, and there's nothing we can do as of the moment. The only person who can make me forget everything is you. You're the best cure ever."

His hands tightly wrap and we get deeper into our little world. His lips touches my bare skin and a gasp escapes my mouth. It leaves a good tingling sensation on my skin and I don't want the moment to end yet. His palm caresses my skin, travels to my palm and he entangles his fingers on mine, locking our hands softly. His lips hover against my cheek to my lips and grazed it oh so softly and it makes me crave for him.

Finally, his lips make contact with mine and all the colors burst. As if my black and white world has turned into a full of rainbows. The way his lips move against mine makes every moment perfect. This time is perfect. He is perfect. The cool brush of the wind, his lips being planted on mine makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Shawn breaks the kiss and cups my face and lets me look into his soul-breaking eyes. I feel myself become weak and very vulnerable at the cute sight of him, and he makes me want to worship him for a lifetime. He gives me a grin, tweaks my nose and I scrunch up my nose. He laughs lightly and ruffles my hair and I give him an, I think, I always do my best, adorable pout, which makes him laugh even harder.

"You're a meanie," I say in a cute little kid tone.

"I'm your only Beast, got that?" He says with a smug smile and a raised brow. "No one else. If I ever see you hanging slash flirting with other creatures, I'm going to tear them apart." He makes a roar face and gesture and I laugh.

"You're crazy," I giggle, smiling widely. "But I love you."

"I love you, too." Shawn steals a kiss from me, gets up and chuckles. I roll my eyes at him. "Come on, lazy butt. We need to get up early. We still need to train for the Monthly tournament. Your Romeo needs to practice and prepare to kick some asses!"

"But oh my Romeo is a gentle man with a kind heart. You're a Beast!" I put my palm on my chest, where my beating heart is placed, and feign a confused expression. "Don't make me a fool. My Romeo could be anywhere, and is probably looking for me right now!"

Shawn frowns at this and that's when I decide to run. I stand up as quickly as I can and start to move forward my legs. Shawn gives me a death glare and I chuckle, running as fast as I can. That's when his feet start to have a mind on its own, hitting the pavement with a thud. The air inside my lungs begin to run out and every step I make is an inch lose of my breath. Shawn, he doesn't seem like he's tired at all. In fact, he looks like he's fully energized and that's a total unfair. He catches up to me.

He straights out his arm and reaches for the hem of my shirt, and sooner, he has me wrapped around his arms, tickling me and I burst out laughing.

A voice stops us from fooling around. It's the voice of the person I just now realize I hate. Not really. But still. Her voice sounds thunderous yet calm. A definition of composed self. Her eyes pierced with mine and for a moment, I feel violated. Her lips are in a thin line and she's not moving at all. From the corner of my eyes, I see Shawn scowling at her.

"Boys, don't you think it's a little late for romance?" Penthra asks, her hands behind her back, clasped together. A thousand words have been stuck in my throat and I can't seem to down it nor let it out. My eyes are just focused on her. For a woman who seems so gracious and all, she appears dark. I just realized it.

Shawn scowls even more and I swear it's becoming a habit for him to do that. "Well, it's never late for us." He says without a tone. He seems dangerous right now. Penthra raises a brow at him and makes a gesture towards the apartments.

"Go, it's late." She commands us, pointing her index finger at the direction of the apartment. "We're having a night check. It's curfew. I won't detain you as this is a first offence. But be careful next time, I'm not going to be hostile as I am right now."

"When did this place have a curfew?" Shawn asks, clenching his fists and Penthra eyes him.

"Since I happened," She shrugs. "No more questions. Enough. Now, go. Before I change my mind."

I tug Shawn's arm and he looks at me with worried eyes. I shake my head, silently telling him that I'm okay and that there's nothing to worry about. Shawn gives Penthra one last glance and we begin to move. We were having a moment and she ruined it. What a killer. She, perhaps, doesn't have a good love life at all. Maybe she realized that she doesn't stand a chance with my father, considering that she's giving my dad some flirty looks. Yuck. I can't imagine that she and my dad would get together. Plain disgusting. My mom is so much better. Shawn huffs and takes a deep breath and I take a look behind my shoulder, over Penthra and see her looking at our direction and suddenly, her eyes shine and become as bloody as the sky and a shiver runs up and down my spine.