Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Home. The wind clings into my body, hugging me tight as the beautiful world comes into view. The structures, the buildings, the water; they are still the same, just like when I left them. The place gives me calmness and peace inside and for a moment, I shut my eyes, savoring the smell and feel of my hometown.

It's just like any other day in Pisces; the smell of the wind is too strong, making my hair fly, the people are still not noticing us, too busy to do their own work. Some are practicing, the kids are playing in the water with their mom scolding them, but they are not paying their parents any attention. When I look behind us, the portal has disappeared just like a blink. My father places a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me happily. Finally, my mother and father will meet again after so long. We will be a complete family again and that's all I want to happen. But right now, I have to save our world.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, I lift my chin up and start to walk with courage, them trailing behind me. People start to notice us, and once their eyes reach us, a gasp lets our their mouth, followed by a lot of murmur.

Before I know it, a huge water comes barreling at us and I roll over, turning the water into an ice before the water hits my father, my friends, and my boyfriend. Raising my palm slowly, the ice becomes water again and I divide them into two, and I point them into the culprit, then a huge wave forms, coming to the culprit. I roll around, my hand gesturing, twirling from down to up and the water around me rises. I twist my left hand, and half of the water becomes an ice and when I point my right hand in front of my direction, and the water becomes a wave again. I jump on the ice that I have formed and one by one, they begin to be pointy. The culprit is no other than my best friend Penelope Fisher. 

When Penelope is done avoiding my attacks, she runs into me, knocking me on the ground with a hug, her arms wrapping around me and her face burying into the crook of my neck. I let out a chuckle, returning the hug and I kiss her on her forehead. Penelope looks up at me and she has tears welling up in her eyes. I brush it away.

"I'm home," I whisper to her, kissing her forehead again. Shawn lows growl in his throat, seeming possessive to me at all but I choose to ignore it. I have missed my best friend so much. Even when I just took off the Journey, I started to miss her. With no contacts and all, it made my heart ache because I was used to her presence being always around me. We are practically brother and sister. Penelope is my sister from another mother. "I miss you, Penelope."

"You did not break your promise," she hiccups, tears streaming down her face now. "I miss you, too, Dylan. God, you're still a jerk." She pouts, rolling off me and standing up. She brushes the dust off her and smiles at me.

"Of course I didn't," I say, standing up, smiling smugly at her. "It hasn't been a year and I already came back. So we're still best friends since I didn't break my promise. Plus, I promised that I would come back with a good and bad news, right?" Penelope nods, beaming brightly at me.

"Wow, Penelope, you've grown up so much." My father butts in, taking a step forward. "You have become tall. When I left, you were basically a toddler." My father chuckles.

Penelope blushes and tucks a strand of her hair behind her hair, smiling awkwardly at my father. I scowl, blocking her view from my father. It would be weird if my best friend would have a crush to my father. It would disgust me, I swear. Despite my attempt to block her view, Penelope looks over my shoulder and smiles brightly at my father. I glare at her.

"Daryl, Dylan!" A familiar voice shouts over the crowd of people that are gathering around us. A smile graces my lips and her voice is still just the same; very warm and beautiful. I turn around, my eyes frantically searching for the face that I have been wanting to see ever since I left. I spot her immediately on the crowd, her petite beauty standing out as she looks over us with happiness, tears welling up in her eyes. She has grown her hair just inches; her hair is cascading freely across her shoulders, ending just above her waist. My mother is wearing a light blue dress and a pair of sandals. She has a basket full of flowers, probably bringing it home to put inside the house; in the kitchen, in my father and her bedroom, sometimes in the bathroom. My mother just loves flower so much. Mom begins to run towards our direction and my father meets her half-way and when she's within reach, my father immediately pulls her into a hug and kisses her on the lips. "I miss you! So much!" My mother begins to plant kisses all over my father's face, and Dad only chuckles, enjoying the moment.

A pair of hands wrap around me and a chin rests on my shoulder and I blush crimson red, trying to pry Shawn's hands away from me but since he's being a stubborn bastard, he tightens his hold around me. I sigh, letting it go since I'm not going to win. Shawn has been stronger. Plus, I know I'm enjoying this. I just don't know how to explain things to my mother, since when I left, I was a very straight man who was very interested in women. Penelope, being the noisy best friend she is, scrunches her face in confusion when she sees Shawn's arms around me. Walking over me, she glares at me and crosses her arms across her chest, huffing out loud as she stares at me. That look; it means: Explain this now.

"Penelope," I begin, sweat forming across my forehead and my hands suddenly become clammy. She taps her foot on the ground impatiently, waiting for me to explain myself and all of this Shawn thing. When I lean away and look at Shawn, he is glaring at me as well, probably waiting for me to tell them that he is my boyfriend, that he has my heart. I look back at Penelope. "Um, well, this is Shawn..."

Shawn, being an impatient bastard he is, cuts in. "I'm Shawn, Dylan's one and only boyfriend." Penelope coughs loud, taking a step back as she looks at us with wide shocked eyes, her mouth agape. Even my mother. She's looking at me with furrowed brows and I know that Shawn meeting them, or vice versa, is going to be the worst. Shawn lets go of me and walks towards my mother's direction. He grabs my mother's hand and kisses the back of it. Being a gentleman doesn't suit him. I like him being stubborn and pushy and possessive and mean. "Hello, Mrs. Allen, I'm Shawn, your son's boyfriend." My mother blushes at the gesture and looks at my father, who just nods. My beloved mother suddenly glares at me.

"Young man," she begins, pointing her index finger at me and I know I'm in a lot of trouble right now. I laugh awkwardly, scratching the back of my hand as I watch her eyes watch me; her eyes are deadly. She's giving me the look. "You have a lot of explaining to do! Now I wonder why you didn't bring home any girl in our house; it's because you're into men! How dare you not tell your mother about your true nature. I'm hurt!" Beige, Brent, Damen, Penelope, Shawn and my father snicker at me and I have never been more ashamed of my mother and myself. "Please follow me, especially you, Dylan. We will talk more about yourself than your experience while taking the Journey and its end." I'm beginning to hate her.

My mother gestures us to follow her, Dad walking beside her while his arm wrapped around her waist. Shawn slings his arm around my neck, resting on my shoulder and he pushes me into him. He grins at me and wiggles his brows and I roll my eyes, pouting. He kisses my forehead and I sigh in contentedness, smiling up at him. Shawn leans down and gives me a peck on the lips and someone squeals; of course it is my best friend Penelope Fisher.

As we walk, my eyes scan the area and the place hasn't changed a bit. The water flows calmly and freely and every place and corner seem holy to me. Just thinking everything around my hometown Pisces would be ruined just like the ruins in the Zodiac City, the image makes me sad and scared. I don't want that to happen in the place I grew up in. I, with the help of everyone, will protect our cities as best as we can and we will free ourselves.

After all, I'm the 14th Zodiac Sign Cetus's first blood and born.

******************************

Author's Note: Thank you very much for supporting and reading this book. I just want to let you know that this book is near its end and a lot of exciting things will happen here. So I know that you're probably waiting for me to announce this: YES, THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. The next book is not going to be as long as this book but it will be interesting as much. I hope that you're excited to hear this just like I am!