Chapter 55

Chapter 55

My feet land on the pavement and a groan escapes my lips as I feel a pain coming through my feet up to my leg. I suck in a breath, shutting my eyes as the pain intensifies when I try to move. I scan the scenery around me; a narrow hallway that has a lit torches placed on the either walls, giving light to the hallway but despite the torches, the hallway seems endless. The walls are made of bricks, painted black and the paints are beginning to peel off. Despite that the hallway doesn't have windows, cold chilly air wraps around me, making me shiver and I wrap my arms around myself. I look up and see that the roofs are in fact, the sands but they don't fall on the ground.

Scream follows and it echoes around the hallway. I take a step back, gasping when Shawn and the others land on their feet. My father immediately runs towards my direction, gripping my shoulders and his eyes frantically searching my body if something bad has happened to me.

I shake my head, smiling up at him. "I'm fine, Dad. I think I just got a little sprain." My father looks at me thoughtfully. As Brent is about to help me up, Shawn runs to my side, his arm wrapping around me and helping me balance myself. The way he wraps his arms around me makes me remember the night we made love, which makes me blush crimson red just because of thinking about it. I let the image slips away from my head. "It will go away soon. Perhaps I just need to rest it, but we need to keep going."

"Your health is important," my father states gruffly. I pout, remembering the caring side of my father. I remember when I got sick because of flu, and instead of mom taking care of me, it was actually my Dad who took care of me. He stayed with me all the time, making sure I was eating much and taking medicines for me to be better. He stayed up all night to watch over me and when I woke up, I found him sleeping, his head resting on my bed. I was 7 or 8 years old that time. "Take a rest. This place seems like the most safest and probably the creepiest place ever. We'll guard."

"Or I could just lift him up, carry him bridal style because that's going to happen soon," Shawn suggests, wiggling his brows at me and my cheeks flushed. My father looks at him incredulously, like Shawn has grown another head. I scowl, rolling my eyes at him. "Hey, don't scowl. It will happen. Wait for it." The thought of him marrying me is kind of a good feeling. Imagine the man you love, waiting for you at the altar and waiting for your love from each other to be sealed with a single, full of love and passion kiss. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"I'm not really sure why my son fell for you," my father says seriously, though there's a small smile tugging at the edge of his lips, indicating that he's only joking. "Seems like not a good choice at all."

Brent laughs childishly, hitting his knees with his hands as he doubles in laughter. Shawn huffs and snarls at Brent, who continues to laugh as if the world is about to end. I sit on the ground, sighing as the pain slowly subsides. Shawn sits beside me and holds my hand, looking into my eyes. He leans down and kisses me on my forehead and I blush, hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

We breath at the same time, hearts pounding, screaming each other's name. This is the kind of love I really want, and I found it on Shawn. At first, I kept insisting, telling myself that I would never have any feelings for this man, especially when we were travelling through the Journey. A lot of things happened, and we have been through a lot, from start, going to the Zodiac City to finding out the I'm the first blood 14th Zodiac Sign Cetus. Shawn squeezes my hand and I look up on him and find him leaning down to capture my lips with his. I oblige, opening my mouth for him to slip his tongue inside. As always, Shawn takes my breath away just from kissing me. Even his touch can make my heart burst from too much happiness.

Resting for about an hour and a half, I try to stand up and find out that the pain has already subsided, but there's still pain though just a bit. Shawn helps me stand up by offering his hand and I gladly take it. He pulls me up, his arms circling around my waist as I'm about to fall. He chuckles and runs the tip of his nose on mine and I laugh due to his super affectionate side. Once I'm ready to walk, Shawn lets go of me but still stays near me to make sure that I'm not going to fall again. I nod at him.

Beige and Damen lead the way. Beige has really been quiet ever since we got here. He just said a few words and nothing more. His eyes keep roaming around the area, studying it and probably figuring out what to do next. My father and Brent are behind Shawn and I.

"Why is there a hallway underneath a desert?" Beige asks to no one in particular. We continue to walk. Beige looks at us over his shoulder. "Awesome thing is, the desert is not falling down on the ground. What kind of magic is this? Hmmm..."

I shrug, not really knowing the answer.

At the far end of the corner, we see a small light, just like a dot and our face lights up. Our pace begins to go fast as excitement bubbles up inside me. This hallway is suffocating me despite the place being wide. I just want to get out of here. When we reach the end, we found out that the light is nothing but a mirror with light reflecting on it. I hide my disappointment and sigh in frustration.

Taking a step forward, Beige touches the big mirror; its edges are gold and the mirror seems very old. There are a few dents on the edges and the mirror has some dirt on it. It's funny to think that there's a mirror at the end of the hallway and it seems like we've reached the dead end. But when Beige touches the mirror, his hand slips inside and everyone gasps.

"I can feel air in my hands," Beige murmurs as he studies the mirror. He pulls out his hand and studies it, then looks over at us. We're all thinking the same thing: go inside the mirror and see what's on the other side. "Shall we?" He asks us and everyone nods. 

Damen takes a step forward, slipping inside the mirror. We wait for a full minute, to see if he would run back to us but he never does. My father is the next who goes inside the mirror, the mirror eating him up. Beige slips inside, followed by me, Shawn and then Brent.

Once we're on the other side, my eyes widen at the view in front of me. In front of us are the glowing symbols of the Zodiac sings; from Aquarius to Pisces and at the top of those signs, another one I don't recognize and on top of that, the biggest sign, glowing in navy blue. The place consists of old books and papers. The floor is marbled, papers and other things scattered around. The room is wide and spacious. Stacks and stacks of books placed on the long and wide mahogany tables. Damen walks over the table, grabbing an old, edges crisping, paper. His eyes widen.

"This is the prophecy," Damen says and everyone moves towards his direction, trying to get to see what's written on the paper. Damen reads out loud:

The 14th Zodiac Sign shall born
With the blood of Ophiuchus
The Cetus is what's its called
And he shall rule the world of stars
Before its shine fades out;
Before the world is consumed by darkness

"Wow," Brent says in awe, looking up at me. "Look, the symbols are glowing brightly. Perhaps, just like the mirror, it could be a portal?" Everyone looks at Brent. The symbols are, indeed, glowing brightly. I look up at the largest symbol and it seems to be daunting me. Its power reflecting on me.

I move forward, going straight to the Pisces symbol, who is glowing light blue. Everyone trails behind me. Damen folds the paper and slips it into his back pocket. When I reach the Pisces symbol, Brent is right; it's a portal that leads us to the Pisces town. And when I blink, we're standing in the dim-lit Holy Place of Pisces. Before I took the Journey, I prayed here with all my heart. It's still the same from what I remember. The room is silent, the trickling of water falling into the sea beneath us is the only sound.

"Home sweet home," my father mumbles, looking around. "I miss this place."

"Home sweet home, indeed." I say, smiling.