Chapter 25

Photo: Ivan Porcher
Portrayed By: Ivo Buchta
Chapter Dedicated To: direfaery

******

Chapter 25

We've been walking for hours now and so far, we haven't even reached a, what we think, safe place to stay for awhile. This area is too open-field and we might get killed easily so we decided to find a more secluded place. We even haven't eaten anything yet and my stomach keeps grumbling. I blush in embarrassment when my stomach grumbles again, demanding food. Shawn is only beside me, so I assume he hears my stomach's pleads and cries. I know that he's hungry as well, but he doesn't show any signs of being hungry. I could eat him. No, that sounds... sexual. I mean, cannibalism. If this takes longer, I might go crazy.

"I'm really hungry," I mumble, scratching my cheek. I can feel my legs weakening and about to give up but I force myself not to. If my legs give up right now, Shawn and I wouldn't have no choice but to stay few hours just to rest and that's very risky.

Shawn looks at me with worried eyes and jerks his chin towards his back and my eyes widen at the idea. I shake my head, not wanting to be a burden. I mean, he's probably tired, too but he just wants to look tough and all. Shawn rolls his eyes at me and walks near, bends his knees a little, and scoops me up bridal style. I blush at the action and hit his chest continuously, telling him to put me down.

"Put me down, Shawn August!" I shriek in embarrassment, trying to hide my face while still hitting his chest. He chuckles lightly and shakes his head playfully and I pout. "Okay, I'll get on your back! No need to be rude, you asshole."

"I've been told many times," his lips turn into a smug smirk, eyes glinting with evil. Great, a moment of teasing. Despite my protests, he's carrying me and he doesn't want to put me down. Every once in a while, my eyes would flick upon his face just to check if he's stress or tired but none. Every time I look at him, his face only shows a determined expression. I shamefully admit, I love the feel of his arms against my body. I love being in his arms. "You seem like you're enjoying this, are you enjoying my struggle?"

My smile turns into a frown and I push him harsh, and I fall out of his arms and on my butt but I quickly stand up and glare at him. He seems shocked to see the sudden change in me and I roll my eyes at him. Turning around and not looking back, I can still sense that he's still looking at me with a confused expression.

"I never asked you to carry me," I say to him coldly, looking at him over my shoulder with the best glare I can give. But sadly, my glare comes out soft and me looking like I'm very vulnerable. "I don't want to be a burden. I don't want you struggling. Let's just keep ourselves in place so we we wouldn't have to make not-so-good comments."

With my statement, I whip my head to the front and start walking. It irks me to see a person who would willingly comfort you in your worst times but in the end, they'd just basically tell you that you should be thankful and practically blame you because they suffered helping you. That's harsh in my part. Back in the town of Pisces, it's in our nature to help people without a feel to need to complain in the future, or tell you what they've done for you. What Shawn has said, it's not nice. Even if it's a joke or not. I don't care if he's teasing me or not. It hurt me. I guess his and I's world are just so different from each other.

"I'm sorry," he says in the most apologetic tone he can give. And by most, it sounds like he's having a hard time saying a simple sorry and doesn't want to admit that he's wrong. Nonetheless, it's still an apology. Not just that great, though. "What I said, it's crappy. I know. I shouldn't have said that. Just want to say, struggling is a basic term for us Aries. So... I hope you don't take this the wrong way but... we, Aries people, like to struggle since it's the best way to shape us up."