Chapter 17

Photo: Ivan Porcher
Portrayed By: Ivo Buchta
Chapter Dedicated To: gameali234

******

Chapter 17

Brent has been on my side ever since Shawn and I met again for the first time in a while. He's always putting his arm over my shoulder, planting kisses on my temple, which irritates Shawn so much he just wants to kill Brent. Brent has the charms, captured the hearts of the rest, and even Browdie, who despised everyone but me and Shawn, come to like him. Me on the other hand, I don't care. Shawn is acting weird and all. One thing, he has this mind and eyes focus on the good side, then he becomes crazy and mad. I don't know what do to with him anymore. Jelai has been giving me winks and a smug smirk that confuses me.

Ivan, the clingy guy that is all over Shawn, is gay. His very honest feature irritates me. He admitted, not once, not twice, but more times that he liked Shawn. With the same brown eyes as mine, same hair color, same height, I see myself in him; and it really makes me mad. I mean, we have a different attitude, we have a different mind set, but still, how come I see myself in him? Just like me, he hates me back. Whenever Shawn is around me, he would give me this look that says 'Shawn is mine' when in the first place, Shawn is not an object but a human. I try to block my thoughts when Shawn is about to go into my head, and as well as avoid him to avoid the potential fight between Ivan and I. Ivan's power is air, and to be honest, if ever we're going to fight, there's a high chance that I'd lose. There's no water around me, and there's a plenty of air around us. And my other power, I haven't really known how to use it properly.

It has been hours after the ground-exploding incident, and now, the room is filled with tensions. Everyone is silent; only the music of London's - the blonde hair guy, height is 5'8", has a tattoo on his left arm - phone. It must be one of his hometown's song; kind of catchy. At least it helps us calm down. We're resting after what happened, and sooner or later, we'd start travelling again. After Shawn and I met, Jelai introduced me to the rest.

There are twelve people, including me. Me, Jelai, Shawn, Brent, Ivan, London, Giovanni, Cole, Cooper, Mia, Albert and Beige. We're so many, but now, we're more powerful.

Ivan and Shawn are seated across from us, Ivan's hand placed on Shawn's thigh, which irritates Shawn as hell. The whole time, I'm frowning when I don't have a reason to. My thoughts keep running, and it's all about Shawn and Ivan. I don't have any idea why, my mind does just flash those thoughts inside my head. I sigh, shutting my eyes. A hand pokes my cheek and I open my eyes, only to find the green ones staring straight into me with worried emotion swarming inside those leaf-color eyes.

"Do you want to have a break?" Brent asks in a whisper. He knows I'm tired and exhausted as hell, but I know what he really means by having a break. Yeah, one thing Brent is good at, is he always knows if I want to be comforted or not, and this time, I really need one. I give Shawn a small nod and we both stand up. Shawn's eyes flicker to my direction and he watches us with hard and cold eyes. I ignore the look and walk away from the tension-filled area. Brent and I walk further, our footsteps echoing. Coffee follows us, trailing behind us. "Just relax, Dy. Everything is going to be fine. Just take your minds off of things that bug you."

"That's the problem, Brent." I say to him with a sigh, my shoulders sagging down. "I don't have anything that can take my mind off of things that bug me and it gives me a freaking headache." I massage my temples and Brent rubs my back, ssh-ing me.

"Let me help you then," he says in a whisper and gives me a hug. I hug him back. "You know, I want to tell you a story about my hometown but I don't want to be the cause of you having a depression because probably, you miss your family so much."

"Oh shoot, Brent. Tell me the story," I say, chuckling and patting his back. He pulls away from the hug and rethink of the happy memories he has experienced back home. His face lights up brightly, making me see the positive aura around him.

He smiles at me and starts his story. "Back home, we have this special day that we're not allowed to frown or be sad. We call it 'Happy Day'. On this special day, we just do crazy things. Like, sing and dance, use our powers to do thumb things, like levitating foods and waters and throwing it to the other person. On the special day, everything seems magical. Feels like Eutopia; a place where there's no sadness, problems, only happiness. Perfect world. On that day, we should not worry about our problems for a day and don't bother. I remember last year, my sister, her name is Brianna, mind controlled me and made me dance on the stage and the dance, it was supposed to be with a partner, so I looked like a fool on the stage because I didn't have any partner at all. Brianna, she looks just like me. I miss my sister so much and every time I think of her, I just want to dance what she made me do back then but I don't have any partner at all."

"I can be," I don't know why I volunteered but when I look at his happy expression, I realize it; I want him to be happy. His story about his hometown graces my heart with a shine and I feel lightweight. Brent looks at me with an uncertain emotion and for the first time, I'm able to read his mind, which shocks me. He's afraid to make a move. He feels like if he takes my hand, I'd feel uncomfortable and run away. Giving him a smile full of courage and happiness, I take a step forward and tangle my fingers against his and Brent looks at it, and then his lips quirk up into a smile and then he takes my other hand. "Now, would it be awkward and lame if we dance without a song? Use your mind power and let me listen to it," Brent chuckles, shaking his head and within a minute, a song in my head pops up and I enjoy the rhythm of it.

We begin to move, stepping to the left and side, and the song in my head gets louder and louder and I laugh out loud as our movements become faster and wilder, as if we're getting loose and crazy. Brent turns me around and I do the same at him. Brent is showing me the steps through mind-link, and I'm able to follow him smoothly. He shows me the happy faces of the people back in his hometown, and a shiver runs up and down my spine. It feels like this is the first time I have ever smiled genuinely and full of happiness ever since I got here into this world. We do the side-by-side step, where our shoulder blades are only slightly touching, his left hand connected with my right one, we're basically back-to-back. He's looking into his right and I'm looking into left and our eyes met. We can't deny the Utopia feeling we're having and we dance a bit more. We turn around, and soon enough, I see familiar faces watching us; Shawn and everyone. But Brent and I continue to dance. Shawn has this angry expression plastered on his face but I ignore it. Today, as what Brent mentioned early, is a Happy Day for me. Brent lets go of my hand and turns me around so we're face to face and chest to chest. He chuckles and I roll my eyes playfully. The catchy song keeps playing in my head and for the first time, I let Brent see my family's happy faces and my friends back home and Brent gives me a thankful smile.

We continue to do the steps, looping, and each time the dance loops, our movements keep getting faster and faster until we're out of breath and can't catch up anymore. So we fall on the ground, holding hands, breathing heavily, and staring above.

"Did you have fun?" Brent asks me quietly, still breathing hard.

I nod, squeezing his hand. "I did. I still am."

"Glad to hear that you're still happy," he says, rolls to the side and gives me a hug. He places his hand on my chest and I'm aware of the eyes that are watching us, but I don't really care.

"Thanks to you, Brentley Fritz Matthews."

"Thank you, Dylan Maxon Allen." He chuckles. "And you're welcome."

******

Oh, Brent and Dylan are having a good time. And Shawn? Shawn is, I think, angry. As usual and as always! 

Twitter: @JMSenar
Instagram: @JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar