Chapter 7

Photo: Brownie/Browdie
Portrayed By: The Wolf from Google Images (lol)
Chapter Dedicated To: YukiChan801

******

Chapter 7

My vision blurs as the pain on my back intensifies, caused by the sudden drop of my body on the rocky ground. It knocked the breath out of my lungs, causing me to not breath properly. I groan when another wave of pain shoots below my lower back and I squint my eyes as I watch Brownie fights the creatures that have been following us. I can't move properly. I can't even stand up because of the pain. The lake is still a bit far from where I am. If I go there while in this condition, then the others would notice me and start tearing me apart. I just lay there, while squinting at the pain as I watch Brownie fights the creatures. One by one, Brownie is tearing them apart by ripping their throats out but I get a feeling that Brownie is being outsmarted by these creatures.

Trying to stand up without making such noise, I purse my lips tight in order not to grumble or groan. Successfully, ignoring the pain in my back, trying my best, I start to move and then sprint towards the lake with my all my might. Brownie takes a look behind me and that's when he gets lunged by the creature with no eyes and I stare at them in horror as I run towards the lake. I see Brownie use his big paws to slash the creature's face and green blood pours out of the creature's face. Just a bit more and then the lake is here. But then another creatures blocks me which makes me stop. For a moment, my heart stops as the horse slash bull howls at me, showing the pointy teeth and I gulp. I ready my fighting stance and the beast runs towards my direction and I wait for it before I run and turn left immediately before I use my elbow to hit the stomach of the creature. Wrong move. Its skin is like metal, and now, my elbow hurts. The creature looks at me with hatred in his red eyes and lunge forward but I roll to the side to prevent from getting tackled. I run further towards the lake and see my spear made of ice lying on the ground and I slide down before the beast grabs me. As soon as the beast's hands make contact with the hem of my shirt, I already have the spear in my hand and use it to pierce the creature's chest where his heart lies and blood spews out in front of me. Using the water of the lake to make another huge spear, I run back to where Brownie is and when I reach the place, there are already lots of them. My heart picks up a speed and before I know it, I'm lunging myself, with two spears in my hands, towards the creatures that are fighting and bugging us.

Another beast tackles Brownie and I run towards their direction and hit the beast with the large spear and use my foot to kick the beast in the head and the other spear to stab him in the throat. As I'm about to turn around, the faceless, large-mouthed with full of pointy teeth creature lunges itself at me and my breath hitches and before his three pointy fingers touch my face, a zip of a lightning bolt hits the monster. You can still hear the rumbling of the thunder as it continues to zap the monster with lightning bolts. I look at my side and see a woman.

She's beautiful and I feel myself getting lured because of her beauty. The woman has a dark blonde hair, long and cascading down to her shoulders. Her skin complexion is smooth and perfect, and she doesn't have any trace of scars to her skin. Her eyes are grey with flecks of green and those eyes are captivating and looking directly into my eyes. Then my eyes trail to her side and see that another monster is trailing behind her, so I quickly spin and throw the large spear at the creature as the creature is about to hit her with its deadly claws and right at the moment, the spear that I just threw hit him in the forehead and his blood showers the woman, which groans and makes a disgusted look. Another man laughs and my head whips to his direction. And I feel myself getting into a fighting mode again.

These humans are not from the Pisces town and I have a feeling that they do not belong also into this world. The man has a thick light brown hair and his eyes are a color of the sky, light blue; light and calm, emanating peace. But at the same time, the contrary is, he also has a deadly aura going on around him. His jaw is chiseled and strong, and I find myself staring at it for some quite time now so I snap myself. That's when the man looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his and I feel myself getting scared all of a sudden. The man frowns at me and I grip the other spear in my head tight, readying for a fight. I hesitantly look at the area around me, and sure enough, those creatures are now dead and their bloods are spreading on the ground. The man readies himself for a fight and glares at me, his eyes becoming cold and alert. The woman also looks at me with those eyes, giving me a curious look and that's when it attacks. Brownie attacks me with a lick and I laugh out loud.

"Oh there you are!" The woman says in a girly tone. Her face lights up, completely forgetting about the blood that is on her. Brownie looks at her and snarls and the woman pouts. "He never likes me!" The man, who is looking at me with curious eyes also, tilts his head at us.

"Okay, okay, buddy, stop!" I say as Brownie continues to lick my face. "I'm alright, you see?" I keep laughing. Despite my protests, Brownie does continue to lick me all over my face and I think that I should take a swim at the lake again.

"How come he never likes me?" The woman says as she flips her dark blonde hair and pouts at the man. I assume they are boyfriend-girlfriend because they seem pretty close. The man raises a brow at her and shrugs, as if he doesn't know, or more like, he doesn't care. "And he likes this guy. Why?" The woman whines. I crease my forehead in confusion and scrunch my nose up. The man walks towards my direction and when Brownie sees the man, Brownie runs towards and tackles the man with a huge lick on his face. My confusion grows and I watch them both play, tackling each other.

"Um," I say awkwardly and the woman looks at me and walks towards me. "Just to ask, who are you guys?" The woman gives me a grin and takes a seat beside me. I get a hold of my breathing since she stinks, probably because of the blood being all over her. It's kind of disturbing.

"Hi," the woman greets me with a genuine smile. "My name is Jelai. You can call me Lai, though. That guy, that hot guy is Shawn. He gets irritated a lot and has, you know, an attitude problem. Short-tempered bastard. You, may I know what your name is?"

"Uh, my name is Dylan," I say to her and she smiles widely. To be honest, it creeps me out. Not because her smile is not pretty, but because she has green blood on her lips and on her cheeks. "Just to ask, why does the wolf...?" I let my question hanging and she seems to get my question because she responds immediately.

"Oh, the wolf is Shawn's pet." Jelai says to me as she looks over her shoulder and watches them. "He brought his pet wolf here in this world. Apparently, they got lost. God, those two are hot-tempered. The wolf doesn't like me at all and I'm kind of jealous because I watched the wolf lick your face! It means that the wolf likes you. That wolf is hard to tame. Only Shawn can do that."

"Is he your boyfriend?" I ask her directly and Jelai bursts out laughing.

"God, no!" She responds as she laughs. "We just met like, two or three days ago? We met in this world. You know, I thought that people in my town and I were the only ones living on this planet. I'm still surprised that I met Shawn and you here."

"I thought so, too."

"Hey, c'mon!" The guy, whose name is Shawn, growls at us and I frown at him. Brownie runs over to me and circles around me and uses his paws to stand up and pushes me on the ground and I laugh. Shawn looks at us with curious eyes and then frowns. Geez, so rude. "Jelai, clean up. You're so dirty and you stink. That's disgusting."

"Can you be a little, you know, respectful?" I snap at Shawn and he glares at me and I feel myself cower because of the intense glare that he's giving me.

"Shut up, I'm not talking to you." He snarls, like the first time Brownie did to me when we first met. I shut my lips tight, not wanting to say anything. "Browdie, let's go." Browdie. Brownie. I scrunch my nose up again in the confusion. The wolf sticks out his tongue and runs over to the side of Shawn. Brownie. I mean, Browdie, looks back at me and jerks his head in front, telling me to follow them.

"See, I told you, he's short-tempered," Jelai whispers in my ear and I look at her like she has lost her mind. She's so close to me. She, with the blood all over her, gives me a creep.

"Seems like a total asshole to me," I mumble as both Jelai and I follow Shawn and Browdie towards the lake. I have a huge feeling that Shawn and I will never get along because of our native attitudes.

******

Can you feel my excitement? Can you feel it? Omfg. Dylan has met another companions! It's sweet Jelai and the hot, short-tempered Shawn. I can feel it. We're getting there! Comment what you thought after reading this chapter! Share it to me! ♥