Chapter 21

Photo: Beige Henderson
Portrayed By: Victor Da Silva
Chapter Dedicated To: spiralx

******

Chapter 21

The whole time, I'm avoiding Shawn. He wants to have me, that's what I heard when he was screaming internally. I could actually feel disappointment coming off of him, which made me sad, knowing that I was the reason to it. Whenever I'd feel Shawn coming closer, I'd go and try my best not to interact with them. My mind is still clouded, and I can't think properly. Same as Brent. To keep me company, both Beige and Cooper stick up with me as well as Albert and Giovanni. It's like our squad has been divided into two. Brent has always been Ivan's side, always watching him, although I can sense that he's not really into him, he's just amazed about him; nothing more, nothing less.

My heart always leaps out when I feel Shawn's stare at me, and his eyes, his eyes are always blazing and sometimes twinkling, sometimes, it's mixed. Even though I busy myself with something - a not-so-good thing, I can still feel his gaze burning the back of my head. Since I'm able now to catch a glimpse of thoughts and can sense attraction, my power seems to work more on Shawn. Very hard, since his thoughts are always directed to me. I don't know if I should be creeped out or happy with that.

Brent always uses his power to communicate with me. Since he's always busy sticking up with Ivan, he just uses his power when he wants to say something to me and I always respond with a grunt. The thought of him being around Ivan doesn't do me well. It irritates me more. He's still all over Shawn, and his arms are always gracing Shawn's shoulders, arms, body, and sometimes, it would travel down to his private part, but Shawn would just give him a death glare and Ivan would back down. For a while.

"A pervert gay man," Cooper whispers under his breath, hiding a smile from everyone since we're in a view. "He's been trying to get into Shawn's pants ever since they met. He really likes Shawn. Though he's kind of dumb, because Shawn... likes you."

As soon as those words escape Cooper's lips, a blush covers my cheeks, putting my palm on my puffy cheeks, trying to hide it and both Beige and Cooper laugh at me.

"Don't even try to deny it," Beige agrees, nodding his head. "You know, I use my head more than my heart. Everyone can see that Shawn likes you. Even the pervert gay man. Being a dumb he is, Shawn doesn't know how to express his feelings. He's just like Cooper and I. He uses his head more than his heart, but the difference? He doesn't know how to use his heart at all."

"Shawn is this strong man with a very manly figure," Cooper states matter-of-factly, smiling. Everytime I think of Shawn, him liking me, I can't help but to blush and to purse my lips, trying to hide a shy and lovely smile. There's no way I'd like him to see that I like him at all. What? Like? I shake my head, clearing the thought out of my head. "He intimidates everyone. Hell, he's probably the bravest and... one of the strongest, or the strongest, of the group and he wants to be looked upon. He screams leadership and dominant. If you notice, everyone follows him. Even Beige and I even though we have our own mind. Without Shawn, to be honest, we couldn't have made it through here. He saved our lives not once, not twice, but thrice."

"What did he do to save you guys?" I ask them, eyeing them both.

Beige's the one to answer. "The first time he saved us, it was when we haven't had any idea what to do. Both Cooper and I were being attack by the bull demons. They were too many of them and we couldn't fight since we were both injured as hell. At that point, we didn't have any strength to fight back. We'd been fighting them. We got lured. Then Shawn and Jelai came. Jelai did help, too by shooting them with her bolts, but Shawn did a lot of damage. He caused havoc. He had this golden sword and per second, he kept killing the demons, slashing their throat one by one.

"The second time he saved us when Ivan accidentally stepped on a trap, and the ground shook violently, and after that, lava emerged. It was surrounding us. They couldn't do anything about it to save us. But Shawn, being a dumb human, jumped higher and he, once again, used his big sword. Two of them actually, and combined it into one. The sword got longer, and we used it to step on. Everyone was proud of him. I shamefully admit, but both Cooper and I, we couldn't think straight at all, thinking that we'd die. And you know what, after that? After he saved us, an idea actually popped up into my head. The third time he saved us... was just recently. Before you came, there were huge spiders, human-size, approaching us. As usual, the great Cooper and I were the persons the spiders got eyes on. Shawn was merciless when he killed. He killed them without breaking a sweat! He did torture them for a while, plucking their legs one by one and I swear I never felt disgusted in my whole life because their blood kept pouring out and the spiders were screeching out in pain. Then I had a thought; the creatures are aiming at us since we're the brain of the group. Even Cooper felt it, too. We're the target. And since Cooper and I have intelligence as power... well, let's just say that we're the feet of the group."

An image pops up into my head, visualing the heroic actions of Shawn. It makes me proud of him, to even know he'd risk his life to save others. He's the best leader ever. I'm pretty he gets looked upon back his home, that's why he was sent here, believing that he could make it back and show every people of his town what he found out at the end of this journey. I want to visit Shawn's home, to see where he grew up. Does he have siblings? Are his parents' still alive? What were his reasons before he got sent into the Journey? I actually just know the name of him; not his background. I know nothing about his life, and once I muster a courage to talk to him, I'm going to ask him questions about his life, and he can ask me, too, so we'd have idea as to who we really are.

I know I like show, and this is probably the best way to start. I've never really had feelings towards men. Shawn is the first. I don't know why, but there's something about him that pulls me to him. And the fact I keep seeing his smiles, I know I'm doomed. The more I see the real him, the more my feelings become deep.

I'm not really sure how to act when I'm around Shawn. Normally, I would just talk to him casually, goof around, tell him jokes, insult him playfully, put a playful fight if he were my friend. But he's not. This guy, I have feelings for him and I could never do those things to him. It feels like he deserves... more attention.

Too busy thinking, I notice that Beige, Cooper, Albert and Giovanni are now gone on my side and there's Shawn, striding his long legs, matching my pace. My eyes widen, because he has his eyes set on me, and there's definitely an emotion swimming in his light blue eyes that are so beautiful, breathtaking, and soul-alluring.

"I..." Shawn begins. I'm sorry if I got angry with you. He wants to say the words to me with emotion, but he can't. Remembering Beige's words inside my head, Shawn doesn't know how to use his heart to coat the words with emotions. I'm going to help him. At least he's trying now. So instead of waiting him say the words, I just give him a small smile and pat his back, telling him that we're good.

"It's fine, Shawn. We're fine," I say to him, grinning ear to ear at him and his face lights up, lips tugging into a huge smile. "Although you're still an asshole. But we're good. And also, I just remember, why did you let Browdie go off alone?"

Shawn just shrugs, as if that's the best answer I need. "Browdie is a wanderer. It's his job. It's to explore. Browdie can't be kept in one place. That's why I took him in the first place. Browdie, in his family, he's the only wanderer. His siblings, though, they're more a guardian. But Browdie, he's special. I might now show it, but I really love him. And I'm glad that he's a wanderer. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have met you."

Heart. Is. Beating. I. Can't. Breath. Fuck. My. Life.