Chapter 39

Chapter 39

After the battle, which nobody has won because it was a total disaster (Coach William was pretty disappointed on us), Fiero keeps bugging me about why I was eavesdropping when I didn't even know why in the first place. Fiero is glaring daggers at me as I eat ice cream in the Ice Cream store near the Academy. Today, I'm with Brent and Ivan but Fiero is not invited, but anyways, he has joined us.

"Seriously, will you just shut up?" Brent asks in an annoyed and bored tone. Fiero glares at him and moves his eyes on me, expecting me to tell him. Nosy bastard. "I swear Coach William should have chosen you to be gone in the group."

Fiero huffs and rolls his eyes. "Well, stop sulking. Coach did not eliminate me, so deal with it." That or Brent just lets him. Ivan looks at Fiero, arching his brow and Fiero seems to notice his stare because he glares at Ivan. Ivan laughs lightly and flips him off and Fiero snarls. "What? Stop staring. I know I'm hot."

"Yes, yes, you are." Ivan says as he licks his ice cream seductively. Brent and I make a disgust expression and Fiero only stares at him with no expression at all. Brent eyes me and furrows his brows and I purse my lips. I don't even know if Fiero is gay or not. He probably isn't. "Stop bugging him, bug me instead." Ivan winks at Fiero and Fiero just arches his brow at him. I stand up and wipe my lips with the back of my hand and start walking away.

As expected, Fiero begins to follow me but Ivan has other plans. Ivan grabs Fiero's hand and Fiero snarls and sets his hand on fire, but Ivan just smirks and produces water. Ivan tugs him and kisses his cheek and Fiero pushes him. Brent begins to seperate both of them because they are causing already. Ivan just smirks at Fiero and Fiero shrugs off his jacket, as if he's cool. He turns around and starts walking away, trailing behind me.

Now this would be weird because Fiero and I are just enemies, but Fiero is not really a dick. Just an asshole. There's a different, isn't it?

"Why do you keep following me?" I ask him in irritation, glaring at him.

He shrugs, as if that's all I need to know. "I don't know. Maybe you're going to eavesdrop again. I'd like to join you."

"What the hell," I say in exasperation, rolling my eyes at him. This guy is unbelievable. There's nothing to eavesdrop for because there's nothing worth taking my time, and this idiot is taking a lot of my time. "Fiero, I'm not going to eavesdrop. You're being a pain in the ass."

As I begin to turn around, his voice stops me. "I have heard something about Penthra that you might want to know." I turn around and look at him again, furrowing my brows. What about Penthra? What would I need to know about Penthra? I mean, the girl is dark and mysterious but I think she's harmless. And she's pretty suspicious, too. But that can't girl can't be harmful, right? Sometimes, I think my guts are fooling me.

Fiero smirks at my reaction and takes a step forward, his smirk never leaving his face. He raises both of his brows and smiles at me creepily. "I'll tell you what I've heard and you'll tell me why you're being a nosy. We're both nosy, I know. Deal?"

I think for it for awhile. Having a deal with Fiero would be a disaster but I'm curious on what he knows about Penthra. I swear if what he has is not a good information, I'm going to kill him with my bare hands. He senses that I'm considering his offer as his smile widens like a serial killer and I internally begin to be creeped out. He's like a serial killer that has escaped prison. I move away from him slightly and he takes a step forward.

"Deal," I finally say, offering my hand and Fiero takes it graciously.

'Finally," he says in amusement as he unlatches his hand from mine. "Tell me yours why you're snooping and I'll tell mine."

"Okay, okay," I say. "As boring as it sounds, I just happened to be there and they were talking seriously in an isolated place. Seems suspicious to me so I decided to eavesdrop just a little but I didn't get anything. I swear. I promise."

"That's it?" He asks with wide eyes, then he narrows his eyes at me. As I'm lying. No, I'm not lying at all. "I believe you. But right now, I'm not going to tell you about what I've heard about Penthra. Yet."

"What?" I shriek, glaring daggers at him. "That's unfair, you little!"

He laughs out loud and runs fastly and I stomp my foot in irritation, huffing. I just got tricked. I can't believe I had a deal with the little demon. The next time, if there's a next time, I'm not going to have a deal with him. Never. That face is now banned from me. I decide to go back into my room because I'm becoming exhausted from all the stress I've been dealing with.

I havem't seen Shawn since two days ago after I got home drunk. At first, when I woke up in his bed, it was really weird and then I remembered everything. I remembered crying over him and I swear it was really embarrassing. I have no new news of him and Matthew. Have they already broken up? Where's Shawn right now? I haven't seen Matthew yet ever since. Walking towards the hallway of the building my room is in, a hand grips my wrist and the culprit decides to bring me into the restroom. Typical. I nearly glare at the person but when I feel the warmth of his skin, I already know the person. Shawn grins at me and doesn't hesitate to kiss me with force and passion. His arms immediately wrap around my waist and mine to his neck securely. Our lips dance in unison as our bodies begin to collide and touch. Then he pulls away from the kiss, leaving me panting for breath.

"Hi," he breathes out, resting his forehead against mine. "I miss you."

I bury my face in his hard chest, inhaling his vanilla scent and I kiss his exposed collarbone. "I miss you, too." For a moment, we just hug each other, giving each other a comfort that we always want to feel. His arms are wrapped safely around mine and I just want to stay like this forever. He kisses my forehead and I giggle when his stubble touches my skin. It tickles me. He grins at me.

"I broke up with Matthew," he says suddenly, with a serious tone that makes me look up at him through my lashes. He has a frown set on his face and looks like he's in a deep thought. "He didn't take it very well. He started throwing tantrums. That irks me. I did it for you, you know. Sooner or later, he'll start to bully you. I know Matthew. He's an asshole if he wants to be. It's just that I hurt him, you know?"

"I know the feeling," I respond to him, resting my head on his chest, where his heart is placed. The soft beat of his heart makes me shut my eyes and I listen to the beat of his heart, that syncs with mine. "I understand him, Shawn."

"I'll do my best to protect you," he says in a whisper, putting a finger underneath my chin and lifting my head up so my gaze is on him. I smile at him and he leans down, gives me a peck on the lips and runs his nose against mine, making me chuckle. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I respond back, pecking him on the lips. "But why are we in the restroom?"

"Kinky," he states as if that's the best normal world to say. He laughs at my reactions and bites my lower lip, which makes me moan out loud and his eyes darken. "Don't you ever do that. I can't promise you that I'd be able to control myself. You're so cute. I'm glad you're mine."