Chapter 50

Chapter 50

"That's not possible!" I protest as I stare at Damen, eyes wide, stepping into the center of the room. Everyone looks at me with furrowed brows, analyzing me if I am really The Chosen One. Well, I couldn't be. It's impossible. It just so happened that I have both Pisces and Taurus power. Dad does have those powers, too. If it depends on that, then surely my father could be the Chosen One and not me. "I can't be the one in the prophecy. Why made you think that? I'm just a Pisces human with an additional power, and that's Taurus power. My father has those, too, so my father could be the one that the prophecy is referring to! I'm just a kid's for Goddess's sake."

Damen looks at me, scrutinizing me. A small smile plays on his lips and he shakes his head. "No, you, my nephew, are really the person the prophecy is talking about. We cannot be wrong about it."

"Then enlighten us," I mutter, avoiding his gaze on me, looking anywhere but him. "It just doesn't make sense."

He doesn't hesitate to continue the story. "The 13th Zodiac Sign, Ophiuchus; they are born with two bloods running in their veins. So technically, my brother, you, and I are Ophiuchus. Sadly, we're the only ones left. A Ophiuchus is born when two different signs mate and once a woman bores a child, the child is already considered as Ophiuchus. The reason why Gouri decided to kill the Ophiuchus people was because according to the prophecy, one from Ophiuchus will become the first blood 14th Zodiac Sign and that first blood Cetus will be the ruler of the Zodiac City. Gouri was so afraid that she would have them mercilessly killed just so she could not be overthrown. But it did not go as planned. Like I've mentioned earlier, the 12 Zodiac Signs overthrew her and killed her. But before she died, she made a promise that she would come back someday, and while she hasn't landed on this world, the 12 different cities will be divided and the world will be consumed with darkness. Gouri is coming back, Dylan. You are the only person that can help us with this. You can destroy the world we are in. Plus, in the prophecy, it says that the first blood Cetus will have the capability to have the 12th powers; power of each Zodiac."

Everyone gasps, not expecting Damen to say this. Even my father is looking at me with wide eyes, mouth agape. I look at my hands, staring at it intently, half expecting that my hands would somehow glow but nothing. I sigh, not believing every word Damen said. It is impossible for me to be the Chosen One. It's just not possible. I'm still a kid. I cannot lead the people of Zodiac City.

Plus, I want to do things like a normal kid would do. I don't want war to happen. Damen said that Gouri is coming back. She's a Queen. She hadn't been a Queen just because she wanted to. It was because she was powerful. The fact that she said that she would come back, basically wanting a revenge, it's enough for me to lose hope that I stand a chance against her. Hell, I can't even beat Fiero.

Damen bows down before me, giving me such respect that I feel suddenly superior. I take a step back, shaking my head and helping him stand up straightly. I give him an awkward smile, scratching the back of my head. "You don't really need to do that."

"I should," Damen simply states stubbornly. "You will be the future King of the Zodiac City, so I should start giving you respect now. In this cave, you will find the trainers of each sign. They will help you to use each power. It will come out naturally, Dylan. You just need to sharpen it, just like you sharpen a weapon; especially knife, dagger, or a sword."

+++

I'm looking through the little holes of the cave, checking outside and giving myself a lot of time to absorb everything. If I am really the first born and first blood 14th Zodiac Sign - Cetus, then I should be preparing myself. A lot of things can happen, and I can see my life is changing bit by bit. This is not really the life I chose for myself, but is this destined for me? If I look at myself in the mirror, I know that I'm just a Pisces with full of insecurities. I'm not stronger. How can I protect these people against the Dark Queen Gouri?

A hand shots on my shoulder and I look behind me, seeing Shawn standing. I'm thinking whether he has been there behind me for a long time but I choose not to ask. Shawn takes a sit in front of me then watches me. He opens his mouth, as if he wants to say something to me but then closes his mouth, sighing. For a moment, we just stay like that, neither of us speaking. We continue to gaze at each other. Shawn moves a bit, grabbing a hold of my hand and I take a look at our clasped hand. He runs his thumb over the top of my hand and a smile tugs in my lips. 

Shawn begins to leans down and captures my lips with his and I feel electricity course through my veins, sending bolts to my heart that make it beat faster than ever. Butterflies erupt in my stomach, and they are dancing wildly inside me. My hands shot to his hair automatically, gripping it tighter as Shawn deepens our kiss. I moan against our connected lips as he tugs on my bottom lip. We kiss like there wouldn't be tomorrow, and I'm loving every second our connected lips. He bites my lower lip again, making me open my mouth and Shawn takes the opportunity to slip his tongue inside my mouth and roam around inside, tasting every inch and part. I softly shut my eyes as Shawn kisses me with so much passion, like he's giving his everything, pouring out his motion through the kiss we're sharing. His hand rests on the small of my back where as his other hand rests on my neck, guiding me as our kiss becomes heated.

I haven't kissed Shawn with this powerful emotion running in my heart. I can't think straight at all. All I know is that Shawn and I are kissing, and that's all that matters to me right now. I don't care whether I'm the first born and first blood 14th Zodiac Sign. That doesn't matter right now. I grip his hair tighter, making him groan against our heated and full of passion kiss. Something in my lower region tugs, and I already know that I'm craving for him. The sudden thought of me making love with him, or doing sexual stuff, crosses my head and I can't push it away. I want Shawn. I want to know how it would feel when our bodies are connected, skin to skin, bare. I want to know the feeling of him making love with me.

My hands shot down to his shirt, lifting his shirt so I can feel his rock hard abs against my palm. God, it feels so great. Shawn pulls out from the kiss and I groan, disappointed flashing in my face. Shawn smirks and takes off his shirt, throwing it somewhere, not really caring where his shirt lands. He helps me to take off my shirt and I gladly do so, throwing it somewhere just like what he did. Shawn goes back to kissing me and his hands roam around my body, touching every part, feeling every inch of my skin.

Shawn begins to put butterfly kisses across my jaw down to my neck, and every time his lips touch my skin, I moan out, feeling the very heat of the moment. He begins to plant kisses across my shoulder, sucking down on my collarbone and he even goes down further, planting kisses across my chest down to my stomach and my fingers bury in his locks, gasping as the tip of his tongue begins to swirl around the hard bud on my chest. I moan out loud, breathing out his name, when Shawn nips the hard bud, making me arch my back. He begins to plant soft kisses across my tummy until he reaches my lips and he kisses me on the lips a bit longer, making us both breathless and wanting more. He stares deeply into my eyes, and I see emotions swimming in his beautiful eyes. I cup his face, resting my forehead against his and smiling up on him. I peck his lips and even that, it's enough to leave me craving for more.

"I really don't know what I'd do without," I say, breathless from the kiss we've shared. "I want you so bad, Shawn." My tone is almost as if I'm begging for him to do something. He smiles at me genuinely and begins to kiss me again. "Please, just take me." I say when he pulls out from the kiss and Shawn obliges.