Chapter 34

Chapter 34

As promised, Brent did stay with me for so long while I was sleeping. When I wake up, Brent is looking at me with curious eyes and his eyes are basically sparkling. When he sees my eyes fluttering open, he breaks into a small smile, stands up and grabs a glass of water for me to drink. I hoist myself up, taking the glass in his hands and thank him. He gives me a nod and heads back to sitting.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me, his tone calm but I can tell that he's still slightly worried about my condition. I just give him a smile, silently telling that I'm all fine and there's nothing to worry about. The white bandage is still wrapped around my chest but the pain is not there anymore. I wonder if I have any burn marks on my chest. "Good, I hate to see you getting hurt. I'm glad that you're okay now. Do you still want to rest?"

I shake my head at his question and swing my feet to the ground, and when my feet make contact with the floor, I hiss because the floor is freezing cold. Brent chuckles at my reaction and I glare at him. He shrugs innocently, bends down and gets a pair of slippers underneath the bed and places it in front of me. I thank him and wear the slippers. The slippers feel really good and comfortable on me. I stretch my body, flexing my still sore arms and I catch Brent eyeing me. I suddenly feel concious about my body. Brent rakes his eyes all over my body, not leaving any part and I feel a blush creep on my cheeks. I snap my finger and his eyes immediately shot up, into my eyes. Brent gives me a smug smirk and I roll my eyes at him.

"Your father visited you earlier, checking if you've been awake or not, and if you're fine or not," Brent says to me, standing up. I realize that I haven't even taken a bath yet, and I feel like I really stink. I take a step backward, slowly, avoiding to be near Brent. I don't want him to be turned off on me just because I smell. Well, not really. If I really do smell, then Brent would have gone outside and left me here. That or he's just that great ignoring the smell. That or that, or he's not breathing at all. "I told him that I was going to check on you. Always. Told hin you woke up and rested again. Your father's really worried."

Brent moves forward and I take a step backwards again. He looks at me in confusion and walks forward but I move back. He narrows his eyes at me and I smile at him shyly.

"What's wrong?" He asks me as he takes a step forward, without stopping and when my back hits the back of the wall, I groan.

"Stop, I stink." I say to him, putting my palms on his chest and pushing him back. He first looks at me like I've totally lost my mind for a full minute then he bursts out laughing. His laugh echoes around the room, and I laugh with him. He shakes his head, patting his knee as he tries not to laugh harder but fails miserably. "Seriously, Brentley! I haven't had a shower! So back off for now and don't go near me."

"Oh Good Lord," he says through breaths as he tries to calm himself from laughing. "You sure are really crazy. I don't mind if you stink, you still smell great." That statement of his makes me squirm and blood rushes into my neck and cheeks, making it pinker. He laughs lightly and starts to walk again, and then he hugs me, burying his face in the crook of my neck, which makes my heart beat faster.

We stay just like that for a while, him not letting me go and I let him. I feel the way his heart beat against my chest, and I'm surprised how fast his heart beats. It's as if like his heart is going haywire. I wrap my arms around him and put my chin on his shoulder, feeling the comfort that he's providing me.

He sighs in contentment and runs his nose against my jawline, which causes my whole body to shiver at the action. I suppress a chuckle because it tickles but he keeps doing it, so I end up giggling. I feel him smile and plant a kiss on my cheek.]

Then the door's room opens, revealing Shawn who has a shocked and angry expression plastered on his face. Without any further ado, Shawn's fist comes flying into Brent's cheek and Brent groans in pain and I push Shawn out of frustation, giving him a death glare as well. I've never seen this look of Shawn; deathly and looking like he could destroy everything. His body is rigid and trembling and his hands are balled in a fist. His breathing is uneven and when he looks at me, his eyes have something darker going on. Shawn grabs my arm, gripping it hard and I try to pry his grip off my arm but to no avail, he's much stronger, so I let him drag me to God knows where.

Shawn brings me to a place where there's no people around and when we reach the place, he basically just throws me and I glare at him. Shawn runs his palms across his face, looking frustrated and very mad. He yells out loud and my glare on him is focused.

"What the fuck was that?" I spat, massaging my arm. His grip can still be seen on my arm and he gives me a cold glare.

"No, what the fuck was that?" He asks me, his voice covered with anger. Very sharp. Deadly. "We haven't even broken up and yet, you're doing things with Brent. What the fuck?"

"It's none of your business!" I say to him, my hands flying up in the air out of frustration. "Plus, there's nothing to break because we weren't even boyfriends in the first place, right? You just claimed me, acted to be like a boyfriend to me when it's not. You have a boyfriend, Shawn, and it's Matthew, not me."

"Goddamnit, Dylan!" Shawn bellows and strides his way over to me, gripping my shoulders. "Tell me what I fucking need to do right now because I'm fucking confused and afraid! I'm fucking afraid of losing you. I don't want to lose you." Shawn says in a whisper and gives me a bone-crushing hug. "Please... tell me. I don't know what to do. What am I going to do?" Now that I can see his face fully, he looks really tired and there are bags underneath his eyes. His skin is paler than ever and his shoulders are slumped, as if he's carrying all the problems in the world. Shawn looks at me with so much sadness swimming in his eyes and I look away, not wanting to see how messed up he is right now.

"You need to figure that out yourself," I say to him with no emotion at all. I hate to see Shawn this way. He looks really sad and confused but I can't help him at all. He can only help himself. What I can do for him is just to support him, to believe him even though I don't trust him anymore. Shawn looks at me with so much emotion in his eyes, as if he's about to break. Then he leans down and kisses me on the lips and he pours out all of his emotion through the kiss. I kiss him back, knowing that this would be our last kiss. Just like always, his lips give me goosebumps and electrifying feeling. Butterflies start to flutter wildly inside my stomah and I feel my heart race faster and even better. Then we both pull away. "What you need to do first, Shawn, is to find yourself." I side step and pass by him and start to walk away without looking back. As much as I want to see his face again, I can't deal with him anymore. I'm afraid that if I ever so look at him and see his sad face, I would come back running into his arms and I don't want that to happen. "This is it, Shawn. We're over. If you ever need a friend, I'll be still here."

 Before I walk away, I catch his reply. "But I don't want you to be my friend. I want you for myself, for the best. I want to do happy things with you. I want to share everything with you and thinking that I'm not going to have a chance to do those to you, it hurts. But remember this, Dylan. I'm not going to give up on you. Whether you like it or not. Because I love you."