Chapter 46

Shawn's sword has gotten a bit bigger when he keeps swaying it back and forth just to scare off our enemies but they are being a persistent bugs so Jelai makes the first move. She raises her hands up, electricity coursing all over her arms to her body, and then she yells, pointing her hands in the direction of our enemies, lightning raining down on them. My eyes drift to Matthew, Shawn's ex-boyfriend. Despite the jealousy that is coursing inside me, I have to put aside my issues on them so I wouldn't get distracted. But knowing that they have come here together just makes me want to vomit and get angry at them. They have broken up already but they are still together, and it makes me crazy, thinking that Shawn could have talked him into getting with this. Perhaps I'm being selfish and irrational, but I'm not Beige who likes to think rationally and logically. That's not my game.

Getting the bracelet that Shawn has given me inside my pocket, I put it in my palm and it quickly transforms into a deadly spear. I hate Shawn as of now but that doesn't mean that I should get them killed. I run, jumping as I raise my spear to knock one of the guards. The water is flowing around us, courtesy of Ivan and as London is about to lift a piece of ground, three guards with a dagger in their hands, heading to London's direction, is enough to wake myself up. I use the water Ivan has produced and guides them in the direction of the three guards who are about to attack London, then I turn the water into an ice and the guards freeze inside. London gives me a thankful smile and I nod at him.

As we're about to run, Shawn grabs my arm and I look at it then to him, frowning. I brush his arm off of me and his face contorts into an angry expression. The last thing I want to happen is for us to fight so I just let slide, but Shawn has a different plans. He grabs my hand, me trying to pry it off but to no avail, he grips it tighter that it makes me flinch in pain. Shawn can be the biggest asshole ever. i just ignore his hand clasping mine. Matthew just stares at me with no emotions on his face but in his eyes, they're burning with jealousy. I'm not going to be surprised if there would be a lover's quarrel along our way.

Beige leads the way. We look like a squad heading for our deathbed destination but we really don't give a damn about that. As long as we get to head out of this city, then everything will be fine. I'm not really sure what's going to happen next when we get out of this city. I haven't even come up a plan yet. I'm hoping that before we reach the other end, either Cooper or Beige has already made a plan. Fiero's fireballs keep flying in the air when the guards jump off from the rooftop of the ruined houses. Kimberly uses her silver bow to shoot arrows in the sky. I'm pretty sure she just used three or four arrows but when it comes down, it is more than ten and all of it the arrows have hit our enemies. When she sees my amazement, Kimberly just winks at me and shoots the guard in his leg and the guard falls down, groaning in pain that makes me flinch. We take another left, then right, then right, then another left. As we go along, Fiero doesn't stop shooting fireballs in the sky. The sky keeps rumbling, releasing thunders after thunders as Jelai just points at her enemies. London decides to break the ruined houses as we pass through it, making the pieces as a weapon. Either he throws it or shaping it. Brent uses his mind power to lift the pieces after pieces of the ruined houses, throwing it into the enemy one by one.

This is probably the most exhausting fight ever. Back in the Journey, at least we got to rest for at least 15 minutes or so. But here, the guards keep coming, wave after wave. Penthra must really want us dead or behind bars. Shawn has been in my side, not leaving, ignoring the dagger looks that Matthew has been throwing at us. If Matthew's looks were made of weapons, I would have been a piece of meat right away. Literally. Matthew's choice of weapon is not really surprising since the choice he has is a lasso. A black lasso and he's very good at it. We take another turn on the left and for a few more meters, at the end of the narrow road is the thirteenth exit. They really hid it well, considering layers and layers of wall have been place. It's not really noticeable though. I give them credits for that. But those walls that they have put, we're going to see how strong and invulnerable that wall is.

"Fiero, London, Jelai, Ivan and Shawn, try to break the walls!" Beige commands them and once instructed, they quickly use their power to try to destroy the wall. Shawn is a hesitant to leave my side but I just smile at him, telling him that I'm going to be okay and that seems enough for him to keep going. "Matthew, Cooper, Giovanni, Dylan, Brent and Kimberly, let's fight the enemies while the others break the walls. Go!"

Kimberly keeps shooting arrows after arrows, directing it into the enemies and I swear it looks like she doesn't get run out of arrows. It just mystically appears in her hands after she shoot the previous arrow she used. Giovanni keeps throwing burning meteorites as well as stars. That's so cool. Brent uses his combat skills and the other tactics he has which has got me amazed by him. After he throws a punch on the guard, he uses his charm to make the others stop and then he controls them and then he goes back to punching. I wish I could be just like him. He seems really great at using his power whereas I don't really have a chance to master it. But hopefully soon. Using the spear I have, I fight the enemies, every now and then I use my mind power to manipulate them a bit and so far, I keep succeeding.

It seems like the others are taking too much time to remove the walls. Even London has troubles using his power to destroy the thick wall. My hands are getting tired from swinging the spear. As one of the guards lunches himself on me, that's when Browdie springs out of nowhere and bites the guard's hands. Coffee has sprang somewhere as well and both Browdie and Coffee are in front of me, releasing a menacing growl to everyone who dares to come near me. Both of my babies are here and they are protecting me!

After the continues fight, for about 20 minutes, the walls have been destroyed and are now crumbling. I shield my eyes from the particles as the walls crumble and everyone does the same. As soon as the walls have been destroyed, all of us immediately run inside the thirteenth exit. Beige is correct. This exit is very spacious and big, like really. As soon as I turn around, I catch a glimpse of my father who is running in my direction. He has a hard expression on his face and he's running with a couple of guards. They are running side by side. I have the impression that my father is trying to catch me, and he's going to do it himself. I cannot really fight my father since he's the one who taught me of everything and there's no way I'm going to fight my father because he is my father. He yells at me to stop and I almost do, but Shawn grabs my arm and basically drags me. As soon as we're all inside, London tries to make up another wall but a horde of undead comes up, running into our direction and it stops London.

My father is about to reach the wall when he swings his fist into the direction of the guard and he kicks the other guard on his left side. My father runs inside the thirteenth exit and that's when Albert Fercine pops up beside him. Albert Fercine is the one who has a creepy powers. I'm pretty sure he was the one who raised the undead. When my father reaches me, he gives me a hug and London manipulates the ground to create another wall for our protection.

"That's fun," Albert comments us he saunters his way to us.

I look at my father and he gives me another bone-crushing hug. I thought that he was going to arrest me and all but I thought wrong. But hey, he was the one who kept running side by side with the enemies so it was just natural to think that my father was siding with them.

"This is a shithole," My dad says as he takes a look at everyone. "Everyone of you is stupid. God, I swear Dylan you got your trait after your mother. That's why I love her. Come on, let's get out of this hell. I'm surprised that you guys broke the thirteenth wall. I've been studying this wall for quite some time now. I just had no one to help me with this, on how to break the thirteenth wall or exit, whatever. But I'm glad my son is a rebel."

I smile widely at my dad's comment and I hug him again.