Chapter 28

Photo: Shawn August Larsen
Portrayed By: Max Bosworth

Chapter Dedicated To: -To Be Announced-

******

Chapter 28

As Shawn and I are walking closely to the cliff, I sense something that I can't quite point out. It feels like I'm being stared at, and the stare is not from Shawn. And the fact that Shawn is in front of me makes it even creepier. I whip my head to the back, checking to see if there are any creatures or... persons who are looking my way but I find nothing there; the place seems normal. By normal, I mean, dark sky, dried ground, creepy trees and a cool blow of air.

Shawn has trailed the right path, which led us here to the cliff, and I'm starting to think that he has made the wrong decision, but there's something in this cliff that makes me want to stay a bit more. Oddly, this is the safest place I can feel. Looking below, I feel a shiver run down my spine and see that below the cliff is full of fog, and I can't see anything.

"A cliff? Right path led us? What the hell?" Shawn asks, frowning and seeming to get angrier by any seconds. He should not be. He was the one who decided to choose the right path, and I followed him, so he should take credit for this, not me. "There's nothing here but a cliff!"

"Calm down, Shawn." I say to him in my very calm voice, trying not to get annoyed because of his childish actions. But sometimes, he does some mature things on me, which makes me blush at the simple thought of it. Apparently, the bastard sees me blushing so he takes it as an opportunity to grin smugly. "Shawn, stop grinning. You look like a maniac."

"Well, I can't help it when I'm with you." He says, voice suddenly becomes husky and sexier and I can't help but feel unusual. "You make me want you more, Dylan."

"Just shut up," I say to him, hiding my face in my hands and turning my body and face so I won't be looking at him. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible. It feels like I'm being stared at, that we're being stared at."

"Yeah, I know." That makes me snap my head at his direction. He has this hard expression on his face. Seconds ago, he had this sexy look on his face, and now, he looks like he's ready to massacre a group of bitches. "I've been feeling that ever since we chose the right path, and I didn't tell you because they're not doing anything to harm us, so I'm waiting for them to attack. I don't want to bother you. Once I know who's staring at us, I'm going to fucking kill him with my fucking sword and chop off every part of his body, I swear."

Walking in front of him, I absentmindedly begin to rub my palms across his back, trying to comfort him. I don't want him to be stressed out because he has been through a lot. We've been through a lot. The last thing we need is stress. Shawn looks at me and his eyes soften at the sight of me giving him a small smile. He shrugs off my hand and instead holds it with his and my heeks flare up at the simple yet romantic action. Shawn lifts my hand up and gives the back of it a song kiss as he stares at me with knowing eyes; twinkling bright and peaceful.

He lets go of my hand and hugs me, his arms wrapping around me protectively and I feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world. His body, his skin, is warm against mine and that makes me sigh in contentment, wanting him more than ever. I rest my head on his hard chest, feeling and hearing the soft rhythmic beat of his heart. Shawn places his lips on my forehead and I feel myself smile against his chest, then he places his head on top my mine and his hug tightens around me.

This is the moment that I just want myself to feel protected and safe, loved and secured and wrapped in someone else's arm like they're scared of losing me. This is the moment that I just want to stay in Shawn's arms and ignore this world. This is the moment that I just want to feel Shawn's feelings for me ignite and be overwhelmed. All these happenings, good happenings about me and Shawn, I feel like we deserve it. I think I deserve Shawn and he deserves me. If I had not met Shawn at all and was told that one day, I'd have feelings for a man, I'd definitely laugh hard and punch a person to death. With Shawn, I feel like I could be everything, that I can be everything. Shawn wants me to be myself and not pretend. Shawn wants to see the real me and I'm ready to show him that. I want to introduce my world to him, my friends and family that are so important to me to him, my life style back home to him and I know everything will be worth it.

Shawn makes me feel important and loved and everything. As much as I want to deny him, I can't deny my feelings for him and this is great. I'm like a bird that can fly to anywhere I wish to be. And as cheesy as it sounds, if I had a chance to make my feelings vanish for him, I would not do it. I like Shawn, and this is the best feeling ever.

"I'm going to protect you, Dylan." He says in a whisper, hugging me tight, like he doesn't want to let me go. And I don't want to let go. His words invade my ears and stab me right into my heart and I think I'm going to cry. I don't know whether I feel my mom's presence around or... I don't know. I feel my eyes well up with tears and I blink them away, not wanting Shawn to see my cry. "Just trust me. I'll always be there for you. I... I... I lo..."

"Look, it's Shawn and Dylan!" A familiar voice shrieks and I pray to God that this girl will be struck by a lightening she couldn't control. Shawn lets go of me and I take a look at their direction and when I do, Browdie and Coffee are already lunging themselves at me and I laugh out loud, falling onto the ground. "Whew, I thought you guys were dead. Not really. Knowing Shawn, he's a badass."

"Yeah, and you ruined everything when you came here." Shawn growls at Jelai with an annoyed expression. Ruined everything. Yeah, Jelai ruined everything when she came. Shawn was supposed to say what? I like you? I lo... that can't be right. The thought of Shawn saying the 'L' word makes my heart beat faster than before. And I want him to say the L word to me. "I wish I had not met you at all, or you guys for that matter."

"Wait, I ruined something?" Jelai asks, dumbfounded. "You guys were about to have sex?"

"Jelai!" I protest, blushing hard and Jelai smirks at me. Everyone laughs except Ivan and Brent. "We were not about to have sex, you stupid girl. He was just saying something to me."

"Like what?" Jelai asks, arching a brow at me. "Oh, Dylan. Can you and I have sex? Is that it?"

"Stop teasing him, Jelai." Shawn says through gritted teeth. Jelai raises her hands up in surrender, but still has a smug and knowing smirk tugged on her lips and I want nothing but to punch the smirk out of her lips.

Standing up and dusting myself off, I frown at Jelai and fight against myself on giving her the bird. In the end, I decide not to. I look at Brent and he's looking at me with a hard expression and suddenly, I feel guilty. I hang my head low, suddenly finding the rought ground interesting. I don't know why I'm feeling guilty. It's not like I did something wrong on him or to anyone for that matter. Is it just me or it's because I really did something wrong without my knowledge? Shawn and I are getting close, and I know that Brent has feelings for me as well, but... ugh. These guys are confusing me to the point that I just want to give up and hybernate.

Shawn senses my sudden change of mood and glares menacingly at Brent and wraps an around around me, snarling at Brent and Brent curls his hand into fists. I gulp and rub Shawn's chest, trying to calm him down and I feel him relaxed against my touch. I smile innerly, knowing that I have this effect on him.

"Back off, Dylan's mine." Shawn says to everybody and my heart basically explodes at his claiming of me. Dylan's mine, he said. I am his. Yup, I am really his. "No one touches him or else I'll break your fingers, got it?" He growls possessively and his arms around me tightens.

I think I'm in love.

******

I just want to greet you all a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS. Today is December 26th here, and I really did enjoy Christmas day, and I hope you do as well. Thank you guys and I love you all! ♥