Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The walk to the Training Area from my room is kind of exhausting me. Everyone is busy for the match, preparing for the monthly tournament whereas I, well, I don't have much to do. I mean, I should be preparing, trying to know the extent of my powers but here I am, walking till I get bored. The reason why I'm going to go to the Training Area is because of him. It has been 3 days since I last saw him. These past few days, I was really busy talking with my father, trying to catch up. Ever since we got here, everything became messed up, That's always it. 

Shawn has been stuck in my mind. I remember every curves and inch of his lips on mine. Is that weird? I think it's weird. He has so much effect on me. Does he experience the same thing as mine? Shawn is really handsome and I know everyone here, every girl or, um, guy, admires him. There's no doubt on that. Plus, he's cool. Basically perfect, I think. Or literally perfect.

"Hey," a person says behind me and I spin around, faking a glare at the person and I see Kimberly smiling up at me. I drop the fake glare and smile at her genuinely. If I were not in love with Shawn, I would totally go with Kimberly. In love. Woah. "Where are you heading? Are you going to the Training Area? Would you mind if I go with you?"

I scan her face, looking for some signs that she's kidding. Of course, I want to be alone with Shawn, but it would be rude of me to decline her offer. She seems nice after all. She's actually nice. "Sure, why not?" I finally say after pondering for a minute. Her face lights up at my answer and flips her hair. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You seem young but matured."

Kimberly rolls her eyes at me and huffs. "Everyone keeps telling me that. No, I seem young but I'm actually 23 years old. You're only 17, right?"

"But... but... I think I saw your file, it said there that you were 17 or 18, maybe 19?" I say, looking above the sky, as if I would be able to remember what I saw before. Kimberly laughs real hard and hits me on my shoulder, which I massage because even though she's a girl, she's very strong. "Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?"

"Yes, yes you did, silly." She pulls her hair in a bun and tie it around then she sighs. "It's actually an error. The person who made that file is dumb. Very. Sometimes, you don't have to believe what you see. Maybe it's just a magic, or rather a trick. Who knows. But anyways, I always get told I seem young and matured. But actually, I'm old and matured. The question is, why did you have a chance to see my information?"

That question makes me blush. The reason why I was able to see some of the information is because I wanted to see the information of Shawn. He seemed so secretive and all and I was really desperate to find some information about him. It really took me a long time to find the room who makes the information. Maybe an hour? This place is huge and has a lot of secret and abandoned places. I was able to see the room eventually and I found it on the isolated area near West. I broke into the room at night and checked. But sadly, I wasn't there for very long. I was able to see Kimberly and some other fellas' information but not Shawn's.

"You sneaky little bastard," Kimberly snickers and I roll my eyes at her. "I like you as my teammate already. You seem great and call. And sneaky." 

"And I hate you already," I grumble under my breath and that makes her laugh even more. "By the way, are you going to train yourself? Are you even thinking of joining the Tournament?"

"Everyone is required to join, Sneaky Boy." She says in a whisper and flips her hair at me. Everyone is required to join. Mandatory. Hmmm. "Weekly fight. Monthly tournament. Annual Tournament. It's mandatory for us to join the contest. I just overheard it, and I think it's true. Hey, maybe if you have a time, we could check the Museum. You know, where the winners' portraits of the Annual Tournament can be seen. I bet your father is a winner. And he's cute." I make a face at her statement. The last thing I want to hear is for some girl telling me that my father is cute. That's a bit odd and ugh. "And another thing, I'm just curious. Are you gay? You're gay. And I think you're in love with that Shawn guy. He's hot, you know. Oh don't mind me, I'm just a person whose lust is uncontrollable."

"You're ew." I say to her while pushing her. She laughs as she shakes her head and bumps me on my shoulder.

"I'm just kidding. Come on, let's train ourselves and prepare for the Monthly tournament."