Chapter 23

Photo: Brentley Fits Matthews
Portrayed By: Charlie Matthews
Chapter Dedicated To: GallagherGirlSPJ

******

Chapter 23

I always knew that someone has been watching me ever since I was born. I haven't known my guardian yet. It feels like my guardian is an unknown spirit. I remember when I was six years old, and I was playing with my childhood best friend, Penelope Fisher. At that time, we didn't have any slightest idea of what power we possessed. In fact, we didn't know anything at all. All we knew, we just wanted to play. Since the town of Pisces's full of water, there was a part that I slipped and fell deep into the water and I was really afraid. I tried to flap, to swim, but I couldn't. I didn't know how. The water was cold and it never bothered me. But what bugged me was, Penelope Fisher. She was looking down at me above the water and couldn't do anything about it since she wasn't anything but a kid. She started shouting, and her voice penetrated the water and I could only hear a faint voice. I tried to reach for her, to hold the path, but I was falling deeper and deeper into the water. My mind went black, nervousness rose up in my chest and my heart fast. I thought I was going to die, but then a shadow loomed over me and started picking me up. I knew that I had a guardian angel. My mom always told me. When my guardian picked me up, I felt safe and secured, and I felt the life again. I opened my eyes and saw my Dad's smiling face. His eyes were full of happiness whereas mine were displaying shyness. My father was my first guardian angel.

In the exact scenario, without Penelope Fisher shouting, as I lose conscious, my thoughts flicker to my guardian angel. My father. It feels like he's here with me, to save me. I feel his presence near me and all I do is to calm my heart and think better. This isn't going to be death of me. As I'm about to close my eyes, warm hands wrapped around me and I feel his warmth travel through me, electrifying my heart, making me feel alive. The waves become more wild, and when I open my eyes, I see my guardian angel; Shawn August Larsen.

His face has a determined expression, unlike my Dad's expression back then, Shawn's face masked something different; fear. When he sees me gasping for air, he gives me a smile that takes my breath away and I feel like I'm going to drown again.

"Hold on to me," he says warmly. Even though we're in a dangerous situation, Shawn still has his cool and is looking like we're not in tragic. I hug him tight, ignoring the electrics coursing through my body; the sparks, the heat because of the contact of our skin. Our bodies pressed tight, leaving no gap between us. The whole time, I'm watching him save me. The waves come crashing down on us, making me shut my eyes, and when I open them again, Shawn's hair becomes messy and trickling with beads of water. His cute little dimples show, sparking something inside my chest that makes my heart stops. "We're going to look for them. We can't go back there. The waves are so strong and all I'm doing right now is going with the flow of the water. I'm glad you're okay."

I know this isn't the right time to ask him questions, but I can't help it. "Why did you jump after me? You shouldn't have done that. I can manage myself."

"Manage my ass," he says, shooting me a dagger look. He clenches his jaw and looks straight ahead, ignoring me totally. "You were going to die. I saw you struggling. You couldn't control the water. Remember what I told you, you're stuck with me and I'm stuck with you. So I'll always stick with you. I hope you do the same."

I groan, rolling my eyes. "You're serious about that?"

"Yup," Shawn says, popping the last letter, being playful all of a sudden. He pushes me into him, and heat travels to my cheeks. He chuckles, amusement lingering in his eyes as he watches me blush. "It seems like you love this position, don't you?"

"Oh my god, please stop." I groan again, my cheeks blushing crimson red. His eyes darken and I gulp. This is the time I just want to bury myself deep into the water and never emerge again. This is the time I don't want my other power to work, but despite my protests, it's working. I can feel Shawn's lust, and it's making me uncomfortable. "Shawn... um, are we there yet? To the ground? I mean, I'm kind of tired and oh, I have a headache." I pretend to massage my temple.

Everyone knows I suck at acting.

Shawn laughs hard, shutting his eyes as he stops swimming. "You're the worst actor ever. I swear you'd get fired even though you haven't applied for the job." He laughs again, then he mimics my voice. "And oh, I have a headache. That's so lame. Your lines are so lame."

A laugh escapes my lips. Despite the fact that Shawn's making fun of me, I can't help but to laugh with him. I palm his cheek, not hard enough to cause pain. But instead of a slap, my palm rests on his cheek and he looks at me deep into my eyes. His eyes are so beautiful I could just look at his eyes all day without getting bored. I just want to look into his eyes and pretend that the red, bloody sky has been replaced with his light blue sky eyes, where I'd feel safe and secured.

Shawn starts leaning down his head, and every second is a torture; my heart is beating erratic, my mind is going haywire and I can't think of anything but him. My eyes flicker down from his eyes to his lips. His lips are pinkish, tempting, full of sin, plump. I can't think rationally anymore. All I want to do is taste his lips and how perfect it would be against mine. Our lips are only centimeters apart and before I stop him, his lips come crashing down on mine, overwhelming me with the heat of his lips and how perfect it is against mine. An unknown feeling explodes inside my chest. I'm excited and confused at the same time. But despite the irrational thoughts, I shut my eyes and let the feelings inside me bloom.

Inside my chest, there are fireworks going on; bursting with different styles and colors that make me awe and so excited and I feel lightheaded. It doesn't matter if we're still in a sea of blood. All we know is that we have each other.

My arms untangle itself around his body and snake its way to his locks and I grip it tight. He moans againts my lips and I feel a shiver run down on my spine. The feeling is so good I just want to keep kissing him and never stop. My arms lock around his neck and I tilt my head so we can deepen the kiss, and that's when Shawn starts biting and tugging my lower lip, making me gasp in pleasure and when I part my lips, he doesn't show mercy at shoving his tongue inside my warm cave. His tongue roams inside my mouth, tasting every corner of it and we both pull away, breathless and needy of air.

"Wow," I breath out, staring at him, his light blue eyes meeting my brown ones. "That's..."

"Perfect," he says in a whisper, pecking me on the lips again. "I can't get enough of you. What's with you, Dylan, you're making me crazy..." he runs his nose across my jawline, then he inhales my scent, then he breaths out.

"I could ask you the same thing," I counter, blushing red as a tomato. "You're, um, my first... guy kiss?" He looks at me under his lashes and his gaze is hard and cold again that makes me gulp. "You're my... first kiss at all...." What I saw in his eyes, he was jealous. He thought that I had kissed a girl already, that I've had my first kiss already. And when I altered my words, his eyes become happy and a grin forms on his lips. "Um..."

"You're my first kiss as well," he confesses and I think I just want to run around, me holding a huge poster of me and Shawn kissing, just to show everybody that we've just had our first kiss. The thought is crazy, and I don't know if I have a guts to do that. "And... you will be my second kiss, third kiss, fourth kiss, fifth kiss... hmmm, infinite kisses?"

I purse my lips, thinking that the infinite kisses don't sound bad at all. In fact, it sounds perfect. I run my fingers through his locks and place my forehead against his. Shutting my eyes, I say the first sentence that comes into my head.

"Then you better start showering me with kisses because I don't want to rot waiting..." and then he starts putting kisses all over my face, mostly on my lips.

******

They kissed. THEY FREAKING KISSED. OH MY GAWD. INFINITE KISSES. SHAWN, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? *runs around, me holding a poster of Dylan and Shawn kissing*

Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: @JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar
Facebook: http://facebook.com/johnmichaelsenar