Chapter 57

Chapter 57

We reach our house, which is just a two-story house, styled like the house was made in medieval era. The walls are made of bricks and they are painted with cream-colored paint. The edges of the houses, as well as the corners, are made of wooden and painted with deep brown. The flowers on a pot are sat on the windowsill, looking glamorous than ever. My mother is so really keen of taking care of her flowers.

Entering inside the house, the homey feeling immediately greets me, hugging me, welcoming me as if I have been gone for several years. Even my father feels the same, too, as he takes in the feeling as his eyes roam around the house. Nothing has really changed in our house. The decorations are still the same except for the new flower vases on top of the table that is in between of the two sofas.

"I really miss home," my father says as my mother guides her to the sofa. My mother gestures for the group to have a seat, to make ourselves comfortable in our house. Looking over at Shawn, he has a thoughtful look etched across his face and a small smile is playing on the edge of his lips. "God, this place is heaven." My father groans, relaxing his nerves as he slumps himself deeper into the couch.

Laughing, I shake my head and take a seat beside my father. Shawn takes a seat beside me, entangling our hands together and I feel a blush creep up across my cheeks. I puff, pursing my lips as I try to pry Shawn's fingers away from mine. He grins at me. Bastard.

Mom goes inside the kitchen on the right side of the house, near the stairs. "Please suit yourselves, I'm going to prepare a meal for us then we can start discussing!" My mother disappears as she enters inside the kitchen, her bubbly personality erupting as she looks at us over her shoulder. "I'm going to make your father's favorite, as well as Dylan's! Just wait and this will be ready within an hour or less."

Father nods happily, sighing as he shuts his eyes. I look at Shawn and I's clasped hands, and a smile automatically tugs into my lips. This feels surreal. My mom has actually met my boyfriend Shawn. My heart can't still calm down. As every pump of my heart, it screams Shawn's name. Shawn is actually a drug to me, going straight to my head, making my heart wild. His hand tightens around me, and I know that he's feeling the same thing. I look into his eyes, and I'm overwhelmed when I see that his eyes are sparkling with love and adoration.

Leaning down, Shawn plants a soft kiss on my lips and my eyes automatically shut. With the feel of his lips against my own, it feels euphoric and his lips are heavenly. It's like I could die just from kissing him and I'm not going to complain. I'd rather die beautifully in his arms as he kisses me passionately than to die in vain, or in a boring way. That would suck.

As promised, less than an hour, my mother has prepared our meal. It's a soup with chicken in it. The soup is white and slimy, but it tastes good with rice. The heavenly scent invades my nose and my stomach grumbles as well as the others. We all chuckle as my mother prepares plates on the table. She leans down and kisses my father on his left cheek and sits across from him.

Since my hometown Pisces is naturally cold due to the weather, the soup is enough to warm our bodies. When Brent, Beige, Damen, and Shawn taste the soup, a groan escape their lips as they sigh dreamily and in contentedness. I chuckle, shaking my head as I scoop a soup and shove it into my mouth. The taste of the soup plays with my tastebuds and I sigh. Mom really makes a good soup. She never fails.

"So introduce me to your boyfriend, Dylan." My beloved mother states as she stares intensely at me. I groan, rolling my eyes at her, losing my appetite. The last thing I want to happen is for my mother to make things awkward between Shawn and I. "Don't you dare roll your eyes at me, young man. It's bad that you hid your sexuality from me and now, you don't want me to meet your boyfriend formally."

I'm about to snort at her when Shawn decides to butt in. "Hello, ma'am."

"Hush, call me Maxine." Mom offers to her, flipping her hair as if she's just a teenager who decides to butt in between two lovers. Dad smiles lovingly at her.

"Hi, Maxine." Shawn uses my mother's name and my mother's face lights up. I think this has been the first time her face lit up because someone called her first name. Usually, she goes by the name Max and mother really doesn't want people to call her Maxine. I think there's a story behind that. I never know. Brent snorts, eating his soup peacefully. "I could tell you the story." Shawn offers and my mother nods aggressively, leaning down, her elbows resting on the table as her palms support her round face. Her eyes are gleaming with ecstaticness. Everyone listens, even my father. "Dylan and I, we met while we were passing through the Journey. I have met my first companion named Jelai and we fought side by side. Then Dylan came along, which was kind of a pain in the ass. He was being a pain in the ass."

Glaring at him, I pinch him on the his side and he groans but grins at me. He continues: "Then eventually, I learned to trust him because the wolf that I have brought with me likes him. In fact, that wolf is still in... what's the place again? Oh, Holy Place. He's with Brent's pet, Coffee. Anyway, when I learned to trust him, we fought side by side then we met the others. When I met Dylan... um, this is probably the cheesiest confession ever, but yeah, when I met Dylan, my heart just beat faster and I was ecstatic to know him more. But I couldn't really express my feelings since that's not really my nature. My clan's nature. While we were going through the Journey, I had become attached to him somehow and I never wanted him to go without me by his side. Dylan hadn't realized that he's... um, into me? But eventually he did. He did realize that he liked me. I liked him, and I made that clear to him. To be honest, I had hurt him several times, but he forgave me. Dylan's a great person, and I learned to entrust my heart to him. To be honest, most of the time we were arguing, because our personality just does not match but Dylan has this aura that wants me to be stuck by his side no matter what; whether he's being annoying or not. I love your son, Maxine. I love him."

At that confession, my cheeks tint with pink and Brent pretends to cough. Mom is staring at my boyfriend. Her eyes are gleaming with happiness and I bet I see unshed tears but she blinks. Shawn grabs my hand underneath the table and kisses my temple, like he would do to a kid when they are being lovely. My heart races faster as I feel his gaze burn the side of my head. Heat rushes through my body, staying inside me and I just want to feel his body near me, against me. I can't help but to love him more, more than I can think of.

"It's so nice to hear stories like yours," my mother says as she blinks back tears. She takes my boyfriend's other hand and stares deeply into his eyes. When my mother regains her composure, she glares at Shawn. "Don't you dare break my son's heart for the second time. He's still my baby. Even though he's old, he'd still be my baby. If he gets a child, he'd still be my baby. Forever, he'll always be my baby." My mother threatens Shawn but Shawn just smiles at her genuinely.

"I promise you, Maxine." Shawn assures my mother, slinging an arm around my neck. "I promise you that I will never stop loving Dylan and I'll take care of him."

"Good," my mother says as she straightens her back. She stares at the crowd, and her gaze lingers on Damen, who is eating his soup silently. Immediately, my mother has plastered her serious expression and we feel the sudden change in the air. The tension becomes thick. It means that we're back to our mission. My father wraps his arm around my mother's waist, kissing her cheek. Damen straightens his back, staring at my mother with no emotion. "Now tell me everything; don't leave even a smallest detail. I want to know everything; from travelling through the Journey and finding the end."