Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Just looking at the man, who seems to be my uncle, named Damen Frail Allen, it gives me this unknown feeling; whether it is positive or negative, I have no idea. It looks like my father is confused as well. Every now and then, I would catch him looking intently at Damen, scrutinizing him. Still, we're not trusting him. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that my father, Damen, and I just share the same last name. Perhaps it doesn't mean anything.

Damen Frail Allen has a different aura when we're around him; a dangerous aura that suffocates us but something is telling me that this man is the answer to my questions. Perhaps he has a purpose, that's why we met him in the first place. Plus, he already appeared in my dream, and he was telling me something. What really does the Chosen One mean? Everyone is quiet and is simply following Damen. We have walked from our starting point up to nowhere. The sky is still bloody and I wonder how did the world end up this way. It could be because of a war, I think. When I think of that, I imagine the world, much like the Pisces town; so lively, happiness lurking in the air, people laughing and being helpful and there are no monsters or creatures that would threaten our existence. How awesome would it be?

Sometimes I think of the world as Pisces, but ever since I got here, from what I've experienced, the world is full of lies and at the same time, wonders. How could the twelve zodiacs be separated? It doesn't even make sense. Is it because each of Zodiac is different? Is it because each of Zodiac represents something?

Though Damen seems old, just like my father, his face still screams handsome. Hell, to be honest, he could even get a girl, whichever girls he wants. The tension is too thick, and the fact that the world is fucked up like this doesn't help the situation. The breeze of the air is so cold I have to wrap my arms around myself. To my surprise, Shawn slings his arms around me and keeps me warm using his body heat and my cheeks redden in his sweet action, him smirking in return as he sees my expression. I roll my eyes at his mischievousness, but I love him so I'll let it slip. Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am to have Shawn. Shawn is a hot, hard-headed jerk who actually has a golden heart in his chest. Even though he has a large barricades made of assholeness around him, he's really kind and caring and a loving person. Believe me, if Shawn cares, it's genuine. He does it not for a show but because you deserve to be treated well. Except when he lied to me about having a boyfriend. But yeah, past is past. Shawn has chosen me over his ex-boyfriend, which in return makes me really happy. I must be really special for him for him to choose me over his hot, really asshole ex-boyfriend. I know I am being mean towards Matthew, and I really understand him, but sometimes, when you're jealous, you really can't think rationally, unless you are either Beige or Cooper, who are the strategist and thinkers of the group.

When we enter a cave, I expect it to have a lot of monsters and such, but surprisingly, there are a lot of people here inside the cave, as if this is their only house. As we past through them, they all give us a stare, scrutinizing us, judging us with their piercing eyes on us. I try my best to ignore them because it really bugs me when a person looks at me for more than a few seconds or so. It's not normal, you know. Even I do it sometimes, but not often.

We turn left, meeting another doorless entrance to another cave, and I'm guessing that this is Damen's own room, considering there's a lot of personal stuff placed and organized inside this cave. Damen gestures towards the place, asking us to be comfortable around the place as he picks something up on the table; a hardbound book. Looking at it, the book must have been really old, considering the pages are already yellow. Plus, it's full of dust. My father, Shawn, and I sit side by side, looking cautiously and intently at Damen.

"What are you?" Dad asks Damen, who is raising a brow towards my father's accusing and deadly tone. I gulp, not really wanting my father to be angry, because really, Dad is really different when he gets angry. "Why does it seem like you're hiding from something? Are you?"

"Yes," Damen says immediately, his eyes going hard as he looks at my father. "Yes, brother. We're hiding at Penthra, the leader of the Zodiac City." He looks to each one of us. Shock is evident on each of our face as Damen walks around us, the hardbound book is still in his hand.

"Have you been inside the Zodiac City?" Beige asks, arms crossing across his chest as he sets his eyes on Damen. "What did you do wrong? Enlighten us, so we would know. Reveal us everything, or else Brent from Taurus will access your head and tell us everything." Beige threatens, almost snapping at Damen.

Damen just shrugs and chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. "Do you think, Beige Henderson of Capricorn, I'm dumb?" Damen walks in Beige's direction, whose eyes have widen in shock as his eyes pierce on Damen. "I know how Taurus power works, because for one, I have a power of Taurus as well, and I might just use it on you."

"Enough of this," my father commands and Damen stops, setting his gaze to my father. I'm just standing here, watching the scene in front of my very eyes. This is awkward. "Tell us everything. We want to know the reason why the cities are separated, why the world is fucked up, and what does the Chosen One really mean?"

We all wait for Damen to reply, to answer my father's questions. He has this thoughtful look on his face before he opens the hardbound book, searching for a specific chapter. Finally, he settles on one page and a smile creeps up on his lips.

"I will answer your question, brother, but let's just reveal our history before we go deeper to the topic," Damen says as he takes a seat on the chair. From the way he talks to the way he moves, he moves with grace and elegance. Suddenly, I'm interested at what he's going to tell us. I lean down, putting my elbows on my knees as I watch Damen, waiting for him to speak up. "You and I are brothers. Dylan is my nephew. Before you react, listen first. When mother, a full born Taurus, went ahead and took the Journey, she stumbled on a different place called Pisces. As much as she loved to see the end of the Journey, she dared to get past the Pisces town, which in return, she met father. And there, as she has seen it with her very own eyes, that Taurus clan is not the only people in the world, that there's so much more. That's how we were born, brother. We're twins. When mother got pregnant, bearing twins inside her womb, she knew that there was something wrong. She had to leave. So as soon as we were born, she immediately left, leaving one child, you, my dear brother, to Pisces and she brought me with her. She went back to continue the Journey while carrying me. But Pagan, Penthra's mother, the previous leader of the Zodiac City knew this. 

"They fought, and fought, and fought, until one of them died, and that was Pagan, who died in mother's hands. When I reached 24 years old, that's when my mother died. Before that, she told me that I had a brother named Daryl Chros Allen. The end. Your next question, why are the cities separated? Simple, if we became one, we are stronger. United. The Chosen One? That's the prophecy speaking. Apparently, there's a thirteenth zodiac sign, and that is called Ophiuchus. One which offers affinity with snakes and protection from poisons. In the Zodiac City, there's hidden thirteenth wall and it has been hidden. Millennium back, Ophiuchus was really alive and well. But before, there was a Queen named Goúri, who used to be a Queen of Zodiac City. But she believed that Ophiuchus should vanish since the people were growing fastly. They were mercilessly killed by Goúri, who was so consumed of dark magic. Shocked and angered, the twelve zodiac sign overthrown Goúri and as before she died, she used a powerful dark magic that enveloped our world, turning it into a nightmare. The reason why one person is being sent into the Journey is because to determine if they are really the Chosen One. Once determined, he or she will be killed by any family members of Penthra Kaztala. The Chosen One has been spoken by the prophecy. The person, who is the true Chosen One, will rule the Zodiac people and he or she is believed to save us from this world.

"The prophecy has spoken of a new born Zodiac Sign, which will be called Cetus. And I believe that the person, who is the first born Cetus, the 14th Zodiac Sign, from the prophecy is here. And that is no other than... Dylan Maxon Allen."