Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Today we're in the Training Area again and all the Zodiacs are lined up. We're going to have new set of teams. But this time, it will be juggled up. Per team, each member of the Zodiacs will be put into a one team. As much as I would like to have my old squad back, that's against the protocols. The coaches get to pick who will belong in a team. And I happen to belong in Team D, and my enemy happens to belong there, which is Fiero. When he sees me, he gives me a smug smirk and I flip him off; that pisses him off. Brent happens to be in my team, and when Fiero tries to use his power, Brent uses his mind power to manipulate the fire and throw it somewhere and then lets Fiero slip. All chuckle at that. Brent winks at me.

Sassily, I turn my back on them and walk off, ignoring Fiero and the others. Brent is the only person I know on the team as of right now, and I'm not going to trust them yet. Especially Fiero. I still have to get back on him.

Brent follows me and then Ivan comes into view, who's looking frustated and angry. When he sees us, he throws his hands up in the air and then groans.

"I happen to belong in Team H, and I fucking don't want there." He says as he walks around us and both Brent and I arch a brow at him. Ivan runs his palms across his face and rolls his eyes. I wonder what got him so worked up. As if sensing my thought, he looks at us and then gives us the answer. "Gerry McField belongs in my team. We got both knocked out at our fight and the guy is so full of himself, spreading shits like he just went low for me but he said he's amused because he didn't think I was strong. That fucker. I swear if I ever got a chance to stab him, I would take the opportunity." I never really got a chance to see the other fights as I was knocked off at that time.

Both Brent and I chuckle at that and Ivan glares at us, making us shut our lips tight. Brent and I share a funny look, which makes us both burst out laughing out loud and then Ivan stomps his foot in frustration.

"You know what you need? Let's have some fun," Brent suggests as he wiggles his brows at us. I put my finger underneath my chin and think deeply, Ivan doing the same. The last time I really had fun was when I was still back home so I think it wouldn't hurt me if I really have some fun right now. Plus, we all need it. "Come on, tonight. I have a friend here that has a bar access. We can drink. Free. Let's free ourselves for awhile, yeah?"

"Yeah, I'm in. We're in." Ivan answers for me and I nod at Brent. Brent grins from ear to ear at us and then says that we're going to meet right exactly where we at right now, then he takes off, says that he's going to talk to his pal about us having fun at the bar. "So, any news between...?"

"No, no news at all. The recent one is we're done," I say, not wanting to discuss about Shawn. Trying to avoid the topic, I begin to tell the story. "I'm now part of Team D. Fiero happened to be in my team. He's really arrogant and so full of himself. Brent tricked and tripped him though. For me."

Ivan seems to catch my method of changing the topic so he only nods, looking away. "Brent is really into you. You should give him a chance. He might be the best guy for you. You know, the thing called The One. He might be your The One."

"I don't know," I say to him honestly. Brent is really a good guy, but I doubt that if I got into a relationship with him, it would not work or would not last long. Brent is just not my thing. "Yeah, he's a good guy. But I doubt everything would work out between us."

"Is it because of Shawn?"

"Maybe, maybe not, I don't know."

"Well, you wouldn't know what would happen if you did not give him a chance. At least you can say you've tried to work things out, right?" Ivan is trying to convince about getting into a relationship with Brent. But he's right, though. But there's one thing that keeps me bugging. What if Brent's like Shawn? Can I trust him? The answer is yes, and I'm already trusting him. "I know that you've told yourself this many times, but move on. Life's not meant to be lived in one place. So move."

+++

Night has come and as promised, all three of us meet at the same place we were hours ago. Ivan is wearing a black button-up shirt, the sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and his hair is styled magnificently. Matching it with a faded jeans and a stylish shoes, he looks really good. I wonder where he got those clothes though.

Now, I must say Brent looks really good and handsome. It's like he's a walking God or something. He's wearing a deep blue tux over a white polo shirt, his pants matching the color of his tux. His eyes are seemed to get greener and more beautiful. He makes me breathless as he walks towards me. Here I am, wearing just a simple shirt and shorts whereas these two wearing a whole different outfit. I feel envy suddenly. As soon as I'm within reach, Brent takes my hand, lifts it up and gives the back of it a kiss, which electrifies my whole body, making my heart race faster. His hair is gelled up, slicked back, shining and his teeth are so white I can practically see my reflection in it. And he's wearing an oh-so-heavenly perfume that makes me want to bury my face in his chest and clothes.

Brent takes my hand and leads Ivan and I know to the bar that he's referring to earlier. We walk for a couple of minutes and I'm glad that I'm wearing a flat shoes so my feet don't ache. When we reach the place, the bar is packed with people grinding and having fun. Apparently, the bar is divided into twelve sections. Each section is reflecting each Zodiac and Brent decides to lead us to the Taurus section. The colorful lights are flashing everywhere and the people keep on dancing. Well, mostly the Aries and other Zodiac signs. Pisces, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini are in peace, just talking and singing. Then we start the party.

Brent heads up onto the stage and all eyes focus on him. Then he snaps his finger into the DJ and a slow instrumental song plays into the background and everyone awaits what he's going to do. Then he begins to grab the mic and lean his mouth over it and sings. His voice is melodic and I shut my eyes, feeling the hairs in my back stand up, even in my arms. As he sings, his eyes are trained on me and I can feel the heat of his travel through me.

"What if I... I wanna kiss you tomorrow," Brent sing slowly as the Taurus people begin to dance. My heart races faster as I look into his eyes. "Something tells me you're not like the other boys. Oh no babe, oh no babe... mmm. Of course I like you. Can't you hear it in my voice? Oh yeah babe, oh yeah babe... mmm hmmm. Well... Don't be nervous, I'm so into you." He winks at me and then continues to sing. "No, you ain't tryna get into my bed on the very first night..." I laugh at the lyrics, remembering the first time I met him. He was actually trying to lure me into bed that time. I think he was.

He goes off the stage and walks towards me, his hand still has the mic. As soon as Brent is in front of me, he just stares at me with his beautiful green eyes and for a moment, I feel my world disappear as Brent's eyes lead me into a different world. Then his hands fly at the back of the neck and push his lips into mine and I feel my reality crumbles. My eyes flutter close as his lips mold against mine, dancing as if they're in a competition. The music fades and the people disappear around us as our lips dance together. My hands automatically wrap around his neck and his wrap around my waist, pulling me into him more. Maybe I really should give him a chance to prove himself on me. Who knows, maybe Ivan could be right? Maybe Brent is my The One and not Shawn.

I guess I just have to figure this out.