Chapter 22

Photo: Shawn August Larsen
Portrayed By: Max Bosworth
Chapter Dedicated To: mesiah2017

******

Chapter 22

Shawn has been always by my side after our talk. Even Browdie, and is it just me or Browdie really has gotten a very strong dislike to everyone except Brent? Everytime Ivan or any other person comes near us, Browdie would growl and bark. Coffee keeps snuggling beside Browdie when we decide to sleep, and Browdie doesn't seem to mind.

Ivan can't be around us because of Browdie. I know I sound cruel and all, but I like the distance between him and Shawn. He keeps glaring at me, though, like all he wants to do is castrate me and throw me into the lake. Cole keeps making fun of Ivan, telling him that he's just sexually frustrated.

"I'm bored," London says in a bored tone, sighing out loud. He uses his power to play, forming a rock. He seems happy using his power until Beige tells him to stop.

"Stop that," Beige says in a strict manner, which makes London stops immediately. He eyes Beige and rolls his eyes in annoyance, muttering something under his breath that we can't quite catch. "I'm sorry, just tone it down. It's noisy." He looks at Beige again and grins, but before he uses his power, he runs towards Beige and starts to talk.

Meanwhile, Cooper is engaged in a conversation with Brent. He's making gestures, hands flying everywhere, and he seems to be trying to point out something Brent can't catch. Brent just keeps nodding, watching Cooper with curious eyes.

Jelai, Albert, Mia and Giovanni are joking around about Mia being the smallest girl they've ever seen. Of course, Mia's laughing with them, though she's slightly irritated, not because of she's being making fun of, but because her height is really short and she can't do anything about it. She flips her hair with full of sass that makes Cole, even though he's too busy teasing Ivan, look at her with twinkling eyes. When their eyes meet, a blush forms on their cheeks and they both look away.

"Ohmigosh," Jelai shrieks, grinning widely at Mia. Mia's cheeks get even redder, rolling her eyes at Jelai. Jelai bows her head down a little bit and whispers something in Mia's ear, which makes Mia purse her lips and begin to get uncomfortable. "I knew it, you like him!" Loud enough for everybody to hear. So Jelai.

"Shut up, Jee!" She pushes Jelai and Jelai laughs maniacally.

Cole is hearing everything but ignores it, instead, he continues to make fun of Ivan, who is still scowling at me. I playfully sway my butt, teasing him and I feel his eyes burning the back of my head. So much hate. Shawn looks at me with knowing eyes, amused to see me mocking Ivan. I give him a small smile, winking and he laughs in a very light way, only for me to hear. Even his laugh is perfect.

"Beige and Cooper told me everything," I say to him, whispering. I want to have a conversation with him. More in the future. He looks at me again with confusion evident in his eyes, looking lost. "About you saving them many times. That's so heroic of you."

"Everyone would have done the same," he counters, furrowing his brows, being lost in his thoughts.

"But not when they know they're in danger as well," I say to him matter-of-factly. It's true, though. What he did for Cooper and Beige, they would have second thoughts on saving them if they knew that they're in danger as well, to know that they have a higher chance to die as well while saving them. But based on what Beige told me, Shawn saved them without any second thoughts, without any doubt or hesitation. That's very heroic for me. "What you did for them, it makes me proud of you. You know, even when you don't want to admit, the whole group looks up on you. You are our leader. You're leading us."