Chapter 48

To say I'm not furious at Matthew is an understatement. No, as soon as he sees me approaching them, that's when Matthew decides to give me a knowing and evil smirk, putting his arms inside Shawn's and Shawn is just as uncomfortable as my Dad earlier. Fuming, I walk over to them and snatch Shawn from Matthew, glaring daggers at him, to which he rolls his eyes on. I hate him, and I'm going to let him know about that. The feeling is being reciprocated. Matthew huffs, ready to use his powers and I oh so dare him to do so, so I can use my Taurus power on him and make him do crazy and awkward things. I know that I'll never beat him in a combat, considering he's a warrior and all, but when it comes to using power, I can definitely beat him. Brent said before that our powers could not physically harm them, but we could make them harm themselves. At least that's what I remember.

Shawn steps in between us, pushing Matthew and I away from each other but our eyes do not stare away from each other. Matthew is clearly showing his disgust and hatred over me, as if that's one of his natural trait. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Shawn sometimes shows those traits, too.

"Stay away from my boyfriend," I say to him. There's a sudden urge to use my Taurus power just so I can make him nod to my special request for him, but no, I do not. That wouldn't be fair. Matthew huffs, rolling his eyes at my statement and moving forward without giving me so much glance, but instead, he winks at Shawn, to which Shawn scoffs at. I turn on my heels, glaring daggers at Shawn. "And you, you little piece of - ugh, I'm naturally a good person but sometimes you bring out the worst in me, Shawn. Seriously, I don't want you to get near him. If I ever see you with him, I swear, I fucking swear, I'm going to kill you."

There's an amusing glint in Shawn's eyes and he lets me see it. His lips quirk up into a small smile and I stomp my feet in annoyance. Clearly, he loves seeing me jealous as hell. I turn on my heels, ready to walk away when Shawn's hand stops me, gripping my arm and turning me around. He wraps his arms around me and tweaks my nose, to which I pout. He chuckles, and it sounds heaven. He is my personal haven.

"You do know that I do love you," Shawn says as his hand travels up to my neck, resting his warm palm on it and giving me a kiss on my forehead. The small gestures fills my cheeks with so much color, especially red, and I hug him back, hiding my face in his chest. "I love how you get so jealous. I'm glad that you're being jealous because I sure love seeing you fight for me. I'm proud of you, love." The nickname he has given me makes me want to gag but decides to fight it, since Shawn has said it with utmost sincerity and affection.

Shawn and I walk hand in hand, not really giving a flying fuck to Matthew's glaring. He can glare all he wants and Shawn will still be mine. I'm not going to let some ex-boyfriend ruin what we have. Shawn is over him, and Matthew needs to move on and find a new guy for himself. Ivan, walking side by side with Fiero, looks over his shoulder and gives me a thumbs up and a huge grin. I smile back at him and Fiero looks at us, arching a brow. He seems to stare at me for too long when Ivan nudges him and gives him a scowl. I'm glad Ivan has someone to bug rather than Shawn. I guess he has moved on from Shawn, considering he's all over Fiero ever since we got here. I don't even know if Fiero swings on our team. He looks straight, like really straight. From his demeanor to the way his eyes move, it's so manly. Just like Shawn. But Shawn had a boyfriend before me, and he's my boyfriend right now. So my argument is invalid here. Fiero could be gay as Ivan, or as I, or as Shawn, or as Matthew. Whatever.

Cooper and Beige are talking furiously, hands flying everywhere as they discuss something important. Nobody really notices them, but I do, considering that Beige is the brain of the team. My eyes scan the area and land on Albert talking with my father. They are seriously talking with no emotions showing on their face. I wonder what they're talking about.

We reach the end of the exit, and there are thirteenth tubes, all lined up. It's the same tubes we took when we decided to go to the Journey and went here. Each tube is for one person. I don't know where this is going to lead us, but I hope whatever waits on the end is a good news. Shawn turns me around, leans down, and captures my lips with his. We just kiss for a full minute before he pulls out, breathless from the kiss we have shared. I'm breathless as well. There are so many words I want to say to him, but since the kiss happened, I can't speak at all. Shawn smiles genuinely at me, the smile that just makes your flutter at seeing it and I nearly faint because of how gorgeous he is.

"See you at the end?" He asks me, still half dazed from the kiss and I chuckle, nodding at him.

"See you at the end," I reply, kissing him on the lips once again and I decide to enter the tube. My father and I share the look and he looks at me, nodding. Everyone enters the tube and all of the doors close all at the same time; all at once.

We're waiting for the tube to just shoot upwards, or whatever, and as soon as ground shakes, meaning that the wall we have put up has been destroyed, the tubes shoot up and I fall down on my butt, forgetting to hang on. I groan in pain, rolling my eyes at my ridiculousness. I curse under my breath, cursing for my stupidity. I close my eyes tight, not wanting to see anything. It's like that for a couple of minutes before everything stops, the tube making a swish sound, indicating that the door has opened and when I open my eyes, we're already outside. There's no Zodiac City in sight. In fact, what I see is just a plain ground and a bloody sky, looking like it's ready to spill acidic blood rain. Except for a man that is standing on the creepy black tree with no leaves but big trunks. It looks like he's waiting for me ever since and I swear I think I have seen him somewhere.

Stepping outside the tube, the others - Dad, Fiero, Kimberly, Albert, Cooper, Matthew, Shawn, Beige, Brent and Jelai - just come out and near me, staring at the man who saunters his way to us. Fiero puts his hands in a first and fire appears all over his hand, ready to throw it whereas father shows the dagger that he brought when he went here. Jelai lifts her hands up and thunder rumbles. London, Ivan, Kimberly, Cooper, Matthew, Shawn and Albert are waiting for the man to make a move, putting a fighting stance as the man continues to make his way towards our direction.

"No need for that," the man says. His voice is as smooth as a music record. It sounds like he's a singer or something. The man has grey eyes, and when you look closer, there are a specks of deeper color of grey. The man's hair is grey as well, slicked back, a bit long to my liking. He has a good built even though his facial features screams old. I guess he's in his early 40s or so. I can't really tell. Perhaps he's in his mid or late 30s. Who knows what stress could do, right? He's wearing a white suit and tie and my eyes widen in realization. Yes, I've seen this man before. I think he appeared in my dreams. "Seriously, I'm not an enemy. Just diminish your powers. I'm not here to hurt you guys but to help." The man says, bowing. Shawn, as well as everyone, is scrutinizing the man in suspicion. Help us from what?

"Who are you?" My father asks him gruffly, still holding the dagger tightly, as if he's ready to attack the man in any second.

"Oh Daryl Chros Allen," the mans says. My father and I eyes widen as he speaks of my father's full name, as if they're a long lost brothers or relatives. My father and I look at each other and scowl at the man at the same time. Like father like son. "Forgive me for not introducing myself, I am, Damen Frail Allen."