Chapter 12

Photo: Dylan Maxon Allen
Portrayed By: Ryan Allan
Chapter Dedicated To: mare327

******

Chapter 12

We hear a loud shriek. It's from Jelai. Shawn immediately gets off of me and runs half-naked to where Jelai is. My alertness kicks up inside me and I stand up quickly, dusting off my butt and pants and I run to the direction where Shawn went. When I get there, both Shawn and Jelai are already fighting with the large lizard. Its teeth are so pointy that if it lands on my skin, it could rip the skin out of me. Bending down a bit, I motion for the water and divide them and turn then into an ice, like daggers, and the ices fly, soaring fast into the lizards' chest, impaling them. My eyes look at the ice wall that I have made, it's broken. I use the water again and put a wall, turn them into an ice, and thicken it. Shawn has his swords swinging in the air, and he cuts the lizard that's about to attack him in half and the blood pours out, which grosses me out. Jelai keeps sending thunderbolts to the lizards that take a step near her. When my eyes land on Shawn, he has another sword, this one is thinner and the color is sparkling silver. What the? The big sword he has turns slim and small and now, he has two silver swords that he uses to stab and kill the monsters.

Two of the lizards, showing their pointy teeth at me, come running into my direction and I ready my stance, levitates the water around me and turn them into a deadly scythe made of ice. One by one, I slash the lizards that come near me and their bloods keep spewing out everywhere, filling up the cave with the not-so-good smell. The wall that I have put are being destroyed once again by the creatures on the other side and while I'm fighting the lizards, a motion for the rest of the water to go over to the ice wall and make the wall much stronger and thicker. I whip around, swinging the scythe into the direction of the lizard that is about to tackle Shawn and when my scythe lands on his neck, the lizard's head come flying in the air and it lands on the ground with a loud thud. From the corner of my eyes, I see Browdie ripping the lizards' throats out and now, he's already covered with green blood. On the next water spot, I'll give him a bath. He deserves it.

"There's too much of them, we need to go!" Jelai shouts as she clasps her hands and makes a spark, and then she places her palms in front of the three lizards and and a rumbling thunder comes targeting the creatures and they screech out in pain and they explode, their limbs and organs flying up everywhere. Shawn makes a disgusted expression and all of us run further into the cave. The barrier that I have created made a cracking sound and I look over my shoulder, and sure enough, monsters are beginning to take down the wall and my eyes widen in surprise as the wall begins to crumble.

Browdie runs faster, and Shawn, Jelai and I follow Browdie's track. Jelai sends another bolt behind us and it explodes. Stopping for a bit, I bend down a little and feel the crumbled ice. I turn them into a water and wipe out the monsters, which make a gurgling sound as they're being drown in the water. Shawn swings his double sword and it sends blue slashing waves towards the enemies. Shawn grabs my hand and together we run hand in hand. The way he's holding my hand is perfect; gentle but firm, and it sends electricity throughout my body and the crazy thought pops up in my head; Jelai is behind this electricity. But when I take a look at her, she's busy sending lightning bolts towards the enemies behind our back as we run faster and faster. My legs are getting numbed from running, and I just want to curl up and rest, but it would be the death of me if I do that. I have a promise to my mom and friends, and to the whole town of Pisces, that I'd come back alive and well.

We can still hear the groans and grunts of the monsters behind us. When we reach the end, a huge rock is blocking the way out and when we take a look behind us, the monsters are already surging. Still commanding the water, I make a waving motion and the water makes a huge wave, making the creatures go off-balance. While I'm trying to distract and stop the monsters, I jerk my chin towards the rock and both Jelai and Shawn get me; they start attacking the large boulder with their powers.

The monsters can regain their balance as soon as possible, so I try to make a huge wave and once again, they get knocked off. Behind me, there are sparking and exploding and the clanking of the huge metal. Jelai screams and uses the extent of her power, as well as Shawn, to destroy the boulder and it begins to crumble. Once everything is set, Jelai motions for me but I stay in my place, trying to stop the enemies from coming after us. I tell them that I'll follow them. It takes time to tell them that I'd get better if I do this. Shawn doesn't want to run without me and as usual, he's being an asshole and tries to hold my hand but I give him the coldest glare I can pull with my face, and he seems to understand what I'm trying to prove. Shawn gives me an approving nod and they all run, leaving me behind. Without taking a look behind me, I concentrate on controlling the water with all my might. Let's be honest here, controlling a huge amount of water is hard for me since I haven't really used my power that much until now. I can feel my arms getting tired and it's starting to become a jelly, but I stay strong and hold the water in place. Now that I know my friends are already far, that's when I run to the direction they went to. I force my legs to run faster, even though it's already tired and about to give up. The water drops on the floor and I somehow figure that I'll need them again, so I levitate the water and keep running.

Jelai and Shawn are waiting for me, with a proud smile plastered on their faces. As I take a look behind me, the monsters are not following us anymore and I feel a grin tugs on my lips. Shawn gives me a huge smile and that's all takes for me to keep moving. His smile is captivating, even breathtaking. I don't know how but it gives me the power to keep running towards them.

But then there's suddenly an earthquake that makes me stop. Everyone's smiles becomes a frown and that's when the ground starts making a crack, and like a paper being ripped out in two, the ground splits into two. I take a step back so I won't fall and when I look at Jelai and Shawn, they both have a horrid expression on their face. I take a step back and take a deep huge breath. My plan is to run faster and jump high so I can reach the other end, but as I start to run, there's another earthquake and the hole becomes larger and larger. I can hear Browdie whining as they watch me struggle.

"Dylan. You can do it, jump higher! I'll catch you! Trust me!" Shawn says, making me look up at him. I use the water and fills up the hole and turn them into an ice and Shawn rolls his eyes. Then they start to come; the monsters, and they are even bigger and... it seems like they are thousands and my eyes widen. Turning the ice into a water once again, I begin to make a huge wall made of ice and I look at Jelai, Shawn and Browdie with a smile that says I can handle this. Shawn shakes his head at me and the cave starts to crumble on the other side, making another way.

"We need to go!" Jelai shouts and Shawn shakes his head furiously.

"Go!" I tell them as my eyes flicker to another way. "We will meet soon, right?" It seems Shawn doesn't want to let me go on my own, so Jelai forces him to by dragging him. Shawn sends him a death glare and I take a sprint towards the other way and Shawn shouts at me, trying to stop me. With one last look, I give him a smile. The wall that I have made crumbles and the monsters start to run, but when they see the huge hole, they stop midway and look into my direction and they all run after me. I can hear Shawn shouting, Jelai protesting, and Browdie whining. But then I smile and just keep on running until I fall and knock myself out, and the last thing I see, the monsters are already surrounding me and that's when I fall into a deep slumber.

******

Aw! Dylan has taken a different path! And oh my freaking Gosh, the monsters are around him! Who would help him? Tell me! Tell me! And why is Dylan sleeping? He should be running for crying out loud!