a possible EP

so i've been under the radar writing like a bazillion songs and sending them to the ultimate babe boston-5sos_fam (who's rant book u should read ^_^ ), and i'm thinking of how much i want a career in music and how i want to start making that career for myself now. i'm young, and i don't want to be a child star because i want to live most of my life out of the spotlight, maybe i can blow up once i've finished college or when i'm in college.

but yeah, like i said, i've been writing songs. a few of my latest songs i've written have been inspired by some of the pieces in my poetry book on here - it's called 'wolf.' and i finally hooked up my piano like last weekend and i've been learning the song "mad world" by gary jules solely because of donnie darko. anyway, the thing about my piano is that i haven't played my own since 2015 and i haven't had piano lessons since i was maybe ten years old- not even.

so i started playing around with some of the chords and i had jotted down potential lyrics to a song in my notes app on my phone. then i kinda just played the keys to my liking and adjusted them to the song. and that first song is called "dream catcher." i kept playing around on the keyboard and kept learning "mad world"(which i learned on my own for the most part, but i started with a tutorial.)

anyway i have a photo album on my phone called "song-writing" that's just filled with videos of my songs and stuff on my piano, all my trials and errors. and stuff lol. but honestly i've played out a song without writing it before- i kind of just played around w the piano, found a tune i liked and then put the lyrics in. but i also do it the other way around.

so i've got about three songs that i've played out on the piano, and a lot more that i've written but haven't put music to.

and honestly, i clearly have a plan here -

by the end of the year or early-mid next year, i want to have an EP out named "Phoenix 22

by the end of the year or early-mid next year, i want to have an EP out named "Phoenix 22." phoenix = river phoenix, 22 = corey haim's lucky number. i know the name doesn't really look appetizing, but it means something 2 me and that's what the music is supposed to be about anyway. but i honestly mind end up changing it. maybe this first EP could be named "Phoenix" and my second EP(or first album) could be named "22." or i could name this first EP "twenty two rivers." i like that one a lot more lmao.

anyway, i don't have any professional recording apps or access to a recording studio but i'm sure i could find a way. besides, my mom and i talked about me recording in a studio anyway so i'm pretty sure she's down.

also something that i've been doing lately is i've just been thinking, or playing piano and then i start singing mostly random words but they somehow always piece together to make lyrical sense.

so i'll end up singing something totally made up and then it sounds like a song and something i would sing so i think, why not ?¿ and then i write it down in "notes." and then i record it in the voice memos app on my phone and sing it so that when it needs to be put to use later, i haven't lost it. like literally just this morning i've already created a couple verses/ choruses of two songs.

my style is very, well me style but it's also some really deep stuff, and i'm mostly inspired by people like me who create their own music, but aren't really out there yet and don't have all these recording contracts and blah blah blah.

anyway i would like my EP to be named "twenty two rivers" and the cover of it would just be something nice and simple. in fact it would probably be like my home screen, just blank and white or something, u kno!

but i'll let u guys know how everything's going :-)

#zuzaf