JUST IMAGINE

(this is the perfect kind of space for me so it might not fit your standards)

imagine living in a huge apartment room or penthouse all to yourself. two floors, white and black exterior. the room is themed white with splashes of color- mostly baby blue- here and there. the sounds of new york are right outside the huge window that's big enough for you to sit in. you live alone, but your friend lives close by or lives on the next floor.

they come over and practically live there, having sleepovers consisting of laughter & movies all night long. you can sit in that spot where your window is and sip tea and write in your journal. you don't have to worry about when to publish that book- you're self employed.

each morning you wake up, wearing something warm and oversized. you make the perfect breakfast - texas style, fluffy french toast topped with creamy butter and syrup and sugary powder. you have scrambled or sunny side up eggs, and a small bowl of blackberries and raspberries on the side.

your apartment is silent except for the occasional honking and noises from outside which can easily be blocked out. your cat or bunny comes up to you and smothers you in loving kisses.

you go for a walk every morning, on the more quiet side of town, wearing your leggings. sometimes you get coffee at that local, quite unpopular coffee shop/ bakery and if you're feeling too lazy to make breakfast, you order the special french macarons they sell in raspberry flavor.

you have your own life. you don't watch tv, just spend nights watching netflix on your laptop and sinking into ramen and another steaming cup of tea. why spend one thousand dollars on tv that adds to your monthly bills when you can spend eight dollars a month on the equivalent?

your boyfriend or girlfriend comes by at least twice a week. you give each other a good amount of space because you trust each other. you don't live together yet, you're not ready for that.

you're about eighteen or you've just finished college, ready to venture out into the world. but not just yet, because rent is low and you make money in fashionable ways.

your life isn't perfect, but each morning is. each morning is serene and calming. you love the atmosphere of the city as well as the nightlife. not so much the clubs, but the shows and the italian and sushi restaurants.

you liked being alone, and you love living alone.

idk this is just something i was thinking of writing bc i have this fascination with new york and living alone. i'd move out possibly after i turned eighteen or after college and i'd live in new york.

i might not make it to that year, because life can easily be taken away from you at any minute. but now that i've documented this, i feel much better with this visual in my mind.

and i love being alone. i hate hearing people's voices going on and on and on. i hate dealing with ignorance from people the same age as me. i hate being surrounded by millions of people daily.

the thing about being alone is that even when you are alone, you are, technically, still surrounded by millions of people. but by managing to block that out, your life can be worth enjoying. being alone isn't for most people. no, i wouldn't want to live alone unless it were on certain conditions, and that imagine was exactly my conditions.

i think with the right surroundings and the right lifestyle, being alone can be perfect.

what are your conditions?

(i think i'm going to start doing something like this weekly. creating imagines of life, like actual life, not fandoms or celebrities, that match up to my standards. and i'm going to ask you guys to make an imagine ((no, it doesn't have to be long or perfect and you don't even have to share it)) that lives up to your personal standards.)

- zuzu.