“I mean, I barely know her, but I just have a hunch she’s not easy,” Talia said, probably taking into consideration all the stories I’ve told her about Jules.

      “Want to make a bet?” he challenged.

      I was about to respond but Talia beat me to it, “No! That’s archaic, dumb, and just plain wrong!”

      “Wow Adam, do you ever know how to pick ‘em,” Colt said, smiling at Talia. She gave him a scowl, “Let me guess, you’re into the whole ‘Women’s Rights’ shit too?”

      “If you mean feminism, than yes, I am,” she said, carrying herself to a decree of individuality that could be achieved by Talia.

      “Colt, don’t screw with Talia,” I said.

      “No, never. But I can’t promise the same for your sister.”

      “Speaking of the one and only Jules; hey!” Talia said, smiling, and making room in between us for Jules to sit down.

      “Hey,” Jules said, punching me in the arm, and giving an angelic smile to Talia.

      “Why are you over here?” I asked.

      “Because those idiots won’t leave me the fuck alone.”

      “Ah. Where’s Trent?”

      “Don’t know. Do care.”

      “Hey Jules, I’m Colt, I’m one of your brother’s friends,” Colt said.

      “I know who you are, I’m not stupid.” And that would be my little sister for you.

      “Oh well, I was wondering… would you maybe want to go to this party with me on Friday?”

      “No,” she said, giving him a disgusted look.

      “Did she just say ‘no’ to me?”

      “Yes actually, I believe I did,” Jules said.

      “Look babe, I’m two years older than you; someone like you is lucky to get asked out by me. Oh, and I don’t take no as an answer.”

      “Aw! Do we have anxiety about dealing with rejection?” Only my sister…

      “NO!” Colt snapped.

      “Could’ve fooled me,” she mumbled.

      “But seriously Jules, we should go out.”

      “Nope.”

      “Oh! Rejected two times in one day! Nice Colt!” I said.

      “I have to go to class soon, but Adam I think you’re taking me home?” Jules said, about to leave.

      “I am?” I questioned.

      “Yeah.”

      “Sorry, but no can do.”

      “Why not?”

      “Football,” I said, as Talia interlaced her fingers with mine.

      “I can take you home if you need,” Colt offered.

      “No way dude,” she snorted.

      “I can take you,” Talia said.

      “Okay, cool. Thanks,” Jules said, getting up from the table. “Bye guys!”