“Sure,” I shrugged.

      “That’s, like, so hot! What’s his name?”

      “I don’t know,” I said, entering one of the changing stalls, which unfortunately had only a thin curtain separating me from that terrible voice I would have to endure.

      “J.! Come on! Are you two, like, serious?” she called from the other side of the divider.

      “Maybe.”

      “Well, like, if you break up, then I think that, like, Chase and you would, like, make the cutest couple, like, ever!” she expressed.

      “Mhmm. That’s an interesting thought, but I’m not breaking up with my boyfriend any time soon.” It was the truth. Josh and I were in love. Nothing could separate us from each other. It was love.

      “OMG! Juli—Jules! You’re always so, like, funny! I mean, like, how long have the two of you, like, been together? Two months tops, right?” she giggled.

      “A little longer,” I mumbled, trying to only focus on the clothes with which I was handling.

      “Do you, like, like him?”

      “No,” I said, mentally correcting her, for I didn’t like him—no, I loved him.

      “Okay, so then when will you, like, dump him?” she questioned.

      “I won’t.”

      “Why?”

      “Because,” I said, coming out, and walking right past her, and out the other exit that led into the gym.

      “Okay! Well, I, like, have to go—wait! Is that, like, Aiden Heath on the bleachers?” she said, following me out.

      “I don’t really care.” I looked up to see none other than Aiden, indeed, sitting on the bleachers. Great.

      “I’m going to go, like, talk to him—have fun playing your tennis game or whatever!” she waved, her mind already set on her next victim.

      “It’s volleyball,” I corrected.

      “I was close! I saw the net, like, there,” she laughed, walking off over to Aiden.

      “Hey, Jules!” Talia greeted, randomly kicking the joint in my knee from behind, so I that dropped down to the floor.

      “Hi,” I said, standing back up.

      “Ready to play some hardcore volleyball? Oh, by the way, congrats on making the team!” she said, as bubbly as ever.

      “Thanks, and yeah,” I said slowly.

      “Cool! Was that Taylor Kennings that you were talking to?”

      “No. She was talking to me,” I said, then quickly adding, “I’m not friends with her anymore.”

      “Okay, good. Your brother told me to keep an eye on you about that stuff,” she told me.

      “Oh, you two are still together?” I asked, genuinely surprised. It had been close to four weeks—that was like a year for Adam.

      “Yup!” she smiled happily.

      “Good. I like you,” I articulated honestly.

      “Good to know. I like you too, Jules.”

      “Thanks.”

      “Now, let’s go play some volleyball!” she shouted.